Author Topic: CGW package choice  (Read 1226 times)

Offline lakefun42

CGW package choice
« on: November 25, 2016, 03:22:26 PM »
I am finally treating myself to some CGW for my Rami BD.  Not sure whether to go with the defensive package or pro package. My rami is my goto EDC.  Is the pro package to "soft" for EDC?  I have a colt gold cup trophy 1911 .45 and I love the trigger on it. is the CGW pro package similar to the feel of the gold cup stock trigger?

also somewhat related, I also have a P-06 and was thinking of doing the same thing. However, I was going to do the work at home as my next project. That said, I have never really attempted work like this.  I am fairly handy, so my question is how difficult of a home job is this (polishing etc...) and is it any easier on the P-06 vs the Rami or about the same, as far as difficulty.

thanks

Offline Meechy7648

Re: CGW package choice
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »
My Rami BD is my EDC and I think the work I've done up to this point makes it perfect for me.  I've done the polishing, replaced the trigger with the 85C trigger and floating trigger pin and added the short reset system (for which I ultimately needed David's help after slamming my hand in a door). It's really not hard to do if you do your homework beforehand. I thought about adding the race hammer but this is my EDC; it's smooth and easy to shoot.  I can't ask for any more than that.  I'm not trying to make this little porker a target pistol, per se.  My 75B matte stainless, on the other hand...

Offline stagesmith

• CZ Junkie
Re: CGW package choice
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:51:26 AM »
I just installed the Cajun Gun Works Defensive Carry package on my RAMI-BD.
Love the new lighter trigger and the incredibly short trigger reset.
Getting into the CZ sear module is not for the faint of heart though, and definitely do the work where parts can't go flying across the room.
It is also really important to have a dummy pin to install while removing the safety bar from the frame.
The pin needs to be only the width of the sear module.
Slide it in from the right side as you extract the safety/decocker from the left side.
Once the end clears the frame the whole module just lifts out of the frame as a unit.
I used a piece of 3/32" aluminum welding rod with the ends slightly chamfered.
CZ-PCR 9mm
CZ-75 Kadet 22
CZ P-06 40S&W
CZ-P01 SS (Very Shiny)
CZ SP01 40S&W (357 SIG)
EAA Witness Elite Match 10mm
SAR K2 45ACP
CZ-2075 RAMI 9mm

anything