Author Topic: Czechmate for limited?  (Read 459 times)

Offline frgood

Czechmate for limited?
« on: November 25, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
I'd like to get some of the competitors opinions on this. While the TS .40 is specifically for USPSA Limited. The Czechmate is touted as an open gun that can be set for Limited. My question/concern is about ammo and caliber. For open, one is shooting 9mm major. However, .40 is preferred for limited. since the Czechmate is a 9mm pistol removing the comp would make this a Limited pistol that is not readily handled. In other words, it would not be a very good choice for limited.

Would the general consensus here feel that if one was to shoot Limited and Open. they will require two guns, A TS. 40 and the Czechmate 9mm?
(Please limit this to these two guns. I have interest in the rest of the line for this particular topic.)
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: Czechmate for limited?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »
In a perfect world, I would have a Czechmate in 9mm Major for Open and a Tactical Sport Orange in .40 for Limited.

You can absolutely shoot 9mm Minor in Limited, but you need to shoot all A's to be competitive.  I shot 9mm Minor Limited last match.  It's doable, but not ideal.

Offline frgood

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 08:48:29 PM »
In a perfect world, I would have a Czechmate in 9mm Major for Open and a Tactical Sport Orange in .40 for Limited.

You can absolutely shoot 9mm Minor in Limited, but you need to shoot all A's to be competitive.  I shot 9mm Minor Limited last match.  It's doable, but not ideal.

I had not thought of that perspective. I agree with you, for that investment, shooting 9 minor would not make any sense.
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 09:11:38 PM »
I think the Czechmate would sell much better if they WOULDN'T include the Limited setup.  They could knock a few hundred dollars off the price and it would be perfect.  While $3,000+ and a bunch of parts you will never use doesn't seem enticing to me, $2,500 and just the essentials is a much better option.

Now if it came with a .40 barrel Limited setup and 9mm Major together, then the hefty price tag seems quite a bit more justifiable.

Offline abb1

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:33:43 AM »
I think the Czechmate would sell much better if they WOULDN'T include the Limited setup.  They could knock a few hundred dollars off the price and it would be perfect.  While $3,000+ and a bunch of parts you will never use doesn't seem enticing to me, $2,500 and just the essentials is a much better option.

Now if it came with a .40 barrel Limited setup and 9mm Major together, then the hefty price tag seems quite a bit more justifiable.
Actually, $3k is cheap for what you get. Here in Canada, you cannot pick one up for that. They run you from $4700-$5200 cdn ($3800-$4200 US), and then you have to wait 6mths to a year to get one. I have had several 1911 customized race guns in the past, and the Czechmate was the ONLY one that ran flawless and reliable right from the start, without a 'break in' period. I do agree though that if CZ would have had a 40 S&W LTD conversion kit instead of the 9mm conversion kit that no one uses, it would have been much better off. I know that a lot of people shooting 3-gun use 9mm semi's, so that may be a use for it.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom
CZ SP-01 Tactical