Author Topic: Recommend me a new rear sight for the po7 please  (Read 2228 times)

Offline bull

Recommend me a new rear sight for the po7 please
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:21:30 PM »
Cheap old rugged duty...well i cleaned it..that cheap white "u" in rear sight went flying off to who knows when when i was air hosing her down..need a rear sight i can actually install without speshul tool..god speed

Offline whitecap

Re: Recommend me a new rear sight for the po7 please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
Couldn't you simply remark the sight with fingernail polish? What is the front sight like-type? Dawson Precision has a number of different styles available to choose from.

Jca1386

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »
Dawson fiber set has been great. Just dont drop the pistol onto a concrete floor and you'll avoid having to order a new front sight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 05:04:23 AM »
I installed the steel tritium night sights from CZ USA and like them very well. Just be sure to order the new sights with the same number front sight that you have now,

Offline coolcw1987

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 07:53:43 PM »
https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of-dawson-precision-colt-1911-22-rimfire-rail-gun-fixed-carry-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/

Those are the sights I want to get. Altho the url does look odd the title on the page says

Dawson Precision CZ P09 Fixed Competition Sight Set - Black Rear & Fiber Optic Front

I wonder how that works...

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 05:58:38 AM »
https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of-dawson-precision-colt-1911-22-rimfire-rail-gun-fixed-carry-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/

Those are the sights I want to get. Altho the url does look odd the title on the page says

Dawson Precision CZ P09 Fixed Competition Sight Set - Black Rear & Fiber Optic Front

I wonder how that works...

I just did them on my P09 and couldn't be happier. The front blade is thinner than the stock one on both a P09 or P07, so keep that in mind.

With the blacked out rear, the front dot goes right on target, and quickly. If you have poor eye sight, then it makes things a little easier.

Offline coolcw1987

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
That does look way thinner than the stock front sight. Do you thing the poa/poi will change much putting "p09" sights on a p07?

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 09:04:28 PM »
The picture makes it look thinner than it is, but regardless you are right, it is much thinner than the stock front blade. I had the suppressor sights, but I've held a few with stock sights and the front sight fills the gap almost entirely, and this isn't even close to that. When I had these installed, they were dead on out of the box. If you like a wider front blade you will need to adjust, but keep in mind, you can order a wider front blade.

I prefer a wider front blade, I didn't know it until I got these, but I'll make these work just find. You tend to shoot a little left or right at first, with so much light on either side of the front blade, but when you do what your suppose too they are impressive.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:06:34 PM by flattusmaximus78 »

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 12:31:06 PM »

So flattusmaximus78 is that sight picture from the sight set linked above?? I find I prefer a thin blade up front. I have a similar setup minus fiber on my 1911 and I am most accurate with that gun. It seems with age and failing eyesight having the light left and right really helps me pick up the front sight. Plus it kind of reminds me off the peep sights on an AR.

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 01:11:43 PM »
Correct, those are the ones I ordered. I certainly agree on the fiber optic front for sure. It makes things easier.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »
Guys (that means plural), I want to "hear" additional chapters of this story (regarding sights) applicable to P-09, changing sights etc.  I have a 9mm P-09 and even the stock (original) front sight is important for me to see.  Not intended to bore you guys but I want to mention eyeglass mid-range correction (IF that is needed).  I can read newspaper print for example without glasses but I wear tri-focals when not target shooting.  I asked my vision doctor (O.D.) for an extra script for MID-RANGE.  The mid-range in my every day glasses allows me to more clearly see my computer screen in the middle of my clear every day glasses.  My open sight shooting lenses were ground at my request.  IF I hold my thumb out (with arm stretched out), I can see the thumbnail lines with my open sight shooting eyewear.  What does that mean?  Well, I can more clearly see front sight when I use open pistol sights such as my CZ P-09 or Colt 1911 with Bomar sights (long rib sight).  So far, I like my CZ P-09 POA/POI "closeness" without hurting myself thinking too much.  I wear distance correction only for shotgun shooting and when I use Red Dot devices or regular scopes with magnification.  The lens I use for most target shooting are somewhat larger than my everyday glasses.  Not meant to be so confusing again but with Decot lenses, the middle of my eye (the pupil) even with my head down on stock when shotgun shooting, my eye is not "looking" out the top of my lens.  When I go to the range and use open sights (even one revolver with a fiber optic front sight), I use the eye glasses filled with the middle range script Rx.  When I shoot Red Dot pistols OR rifles or Contenders with normal scopes, I change to the more normal long distance single (distance) lens.  My S&W 625 has black (not S&W) rear sight and a front FO (FiberOptic).
End of Saga. IF anyone falls asleep while reading this, please do not flame me later.  I do not yet own any Dawson sights but active duty policemen talk okay about them.
DeltaGray

anything