Author Topic: Scale Grips  (Read 4730 times)

Offline abb1

Scale Grips
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:26:05 AM »
I am looking for some feedback on these grips:
http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/CZ_c6.htm
The reviews are great, but they are all on this site. Does anyone have any experience with these  grips? Do they really improve the grip that much? Any input is appreciated. Thanks
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ Shadow Canadian ‘ShadowMate’
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline Cousin Vinnie

Re: Scale Grips
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »
YIKES!
Not for me!
I don't mind $90, but I would have to just ask; WHY?

Offline abb1

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »

I don't mind $90, but I would have to just ask; WHY?
I am looking for a grip that is an alternative to grip tape. A grip that when you grab it, there is NO MOVEMENT as it is locked in place. These grips are supposed to do that. I just want to hear from people that have them to see if they really are what they claim. They look ugly, but so does grip tape, and grip tape looks tacky and cheap on top of ugly.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 11:28:25 PM »
They are extremely popular over on Benos. I'd be tempted to try them out, but I'm pretty happy with my LOK Grips, and my hands sweat like crazy.

Offline William_Broadus

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
I have two TSs with them and for that pistol they are great.  I tried a set on my SP-01 and didn't like them.

Exceptional friction when gripped firmly, easy to manipulate for mag changes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline streets ahead

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »
LOK palm swell grips will lock your hands in place, and they're actually attractive. Unlike these monstrosities.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline William_Broadus

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »
LOK palm swell grips will lock your hands in place, and they're actually attractive. Unlike these monstrosities.
You have to use what works for you :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Offline abb1

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
I agree that the LOK grips look better, but they also add thickness and I am not too sure if I want that with the TS frame as it is already thicker than the standard CZ 75 frame. I think that these would be great for the shadow, but not so much for the Czechmate, or Tactical Sport. I have medium hands and do not want anymore thickness.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:00:59 AM by abb1 »
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 11:35:34 AM »
I don't have very big hands (wear medium or small gloves), and I don't have a problem with my LOG palm swells. That said, I would definitely give the Scales a try. No one is going to see them when you're gripping the gun anyways.

Offline abb1

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
I don't have very big hands (wear medium or small gloves), and I don't have a problem with my LOG palm swells. That said, I would definitely give the Scales a try. No one is going to see them when you're gripping the gun anyways.
Do you shoot a TS model? The grip frame is slightly larger.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
Have these in the 2.0 version on a CZ 75 (Pre-B) I rebuilt/refinished.....they are surprisingly comfortable, tacky grip, wouldn't hesitate to grab another set.

Offline zen_grasshopper

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 10:21:56 PM »
Only grips I will use on a CZ.  Fit my hands like a glove.  Tried the LOK Bogies, CZ Custom thins and thick, factory rubbers, and a bunch of others and couldn't stand them. Wanted more grip so I silicon carbided the ones I have instead of replacing them with the 2.0's which are awesome.  If I had a Tanfo it would also get the Scales. 

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »
My question is what happens to your hands if there's a case rupture.  Will gases be able to vent into the receiver and burn your hand?

Offline zen_grasshopper

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
My question is what happens to your hands if there's a case rupture.  Will gases be able to vent into the receiver and burn your hand?

I doubt it.  It is a long way from the chamber to the openings on the grips.  There is also a magazine in the way.  I think the only way you would have an issue is if you somehow got the rounds in the magazine to detonate which is highly unlikely. 

I have had a couple of small ruptures near the case rim with some ammo that my dad gave me from the 70's and other than some extra blowback of crap to my face, my hands didn't feel a thing.  Personally I think it is a non issue. 

Offline ThompsonCustom

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »
If I had a pair of these I would be to temped to cut slots on my mags so you could see the rounds through the grips.
www.AerospaceArms.com Current Deals:
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel $148
21% off all magpul products code: "magpul"

anything