Author Topic: Wanted opinions about single stack ccw  (Read 2555 times)

Offline MOnmoguns

Re: Wanted opinions about single stack ccw
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »
BERSA BPCC  is a sweet little pistol . Comes in .380 , 9mm and .40 . Sells for about $350 and shoots very nice . Less than an inch wide but enough grip to hold on , and I have big hands .
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not ."  T.  Jefferson

Offline Louiczana

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
I mostly carry my P01. I also have a Kahr CM9 with pinky extension that I carry when it gets really hot.

Offline ManInLowCastle

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 10:07:19 PM »
The Glock 43 is about the best middle of the road single stack 9 I've shot.  Trigger is fair, accurate to any reasonable distance, and there is no reason to carry a .380 when you can carry a 9mm in my opinion.  Kind of a good ticks all the right boxes single stack carry weapon.

Offline thedude

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »
I know some folks who have the Shield and like it very much.  They are fairly inexpensive too!

Offline Roikyou

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 12:46:33 PM »
So i have the Glock 43, Glock 19, Glock 34 and CZ 75 TS. Everything else is cancelled except i have a P-01 on the fence right now. Gonna stick to this group of guns for now, see how things go. I cant keep changing my guns like i change my socks, gets spendy. Again, thanks for all the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:33 PM »
I bought a single stack 9 last Christmas after months of research and range tests.  I had carried a S&W 442 for years.  The best video I found on the topic was from Guns and Ammo on YouTube that did a 1000 round torture test on 10+- single stack 9s.  Their conclusion was that only 2 were flawless throughout the time and that the PPS from Walther was the best shooting pistol, if expensive, that was flawless.  Well, that was when they were $550ish, and they are now $350ish regularly, so price is no longer an issue.  The 2nd and 3rd (perhaps in the wrong order) were the Taurus 709 Slim and Glock G43.  They did mixed loads in the same magazines for feeding and reliability - all three passed. 

PPS was best all around, best shooting, and "felt most like a full size pistol".  Since I have never been able to shoot a Glock worth a darn the choice, after shooting each, was very easy.  PPS with 6, 7, and 8 round magazines, slim, carries well, shoots great, eats any ammo, and I love the M1 version with the paddle release (the M2 has the US button release if you don't like paddles).

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:54:38 PM by PPS1980 »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline srREXed

• Is it broken? Then why are you fixing it?
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 02:57:35 AM »
G+A do good reviews sometimes. I wouldn't call this one spot on, but 80% of the content can really help anyone in the jam between these models for the specific purpose. Thanks for the content!

Wife: Is it broken?
Me: No.
Wife: Then why does it need to be fixed?
Me: I knew you wouldn't understand.
Me: You're way smarter than I am babe.
Wife: Ok, so if it's not broken and not fixed, what exactly is it?
Me: It's taking time Hun. Just taking some time.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 06:54:18 AM »
While I do have a couple smaller guns that fit the mold for what has been mentioned here I find they never get carried even in warmer weather. My thought has been that if I have to cinch up my belt that extra hole to hold up a gun then it may as well be something like my PCR or 75 Compact. That said if I carry single stack it's my Dan Wesson CCO.

Offline clance

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2017, 11:34:08 PM »

I personally like the Kahr line of DAO pistols for conceal carry.  No safety except the one between your ears, thin, light (polymer), same trigger pull shot after shot.

Left to right, top to bottom:
TP9 (Gen 1)
K9 (NYPD Package)
P45
Chiappa Rhino 200DS
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:38:16 PM by clance »

Offline Redwing471

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
I bought a Walther PPS M2 after having a Shield.  I like the PPS much more.  Ergonomically in my hand it is much nicer than the Shield and it sells for about the same.

Offline Roikyou

Wanted opinions about single stack ccw
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »
I've enjoyed the G43, put a ghost trigger and truglo tfx pro. Down side, it's not a range run and reloading after six rounds gets repetitive. My compulsiveness got the best of me recently. I've sold the G43 and G19, now I'm back to owning G34, CZ RAMI BD, CZ P-01, CZ SP-01 and CZ TS. Not sure how long the G34 will last...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:53:45 PM by Roikyou »

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 07:43:16 PM »
I've enjoyed the G43, put a ghost trigger and truglo tfx pro. Down side, it's not a range run and reloading after six rounds gets repetitive. My compulsiveness got the best of me recently. I've sold the G43 and G19, now I'm back to owning G34, CZ RAMI BD, CZ P-01, CZ SP-01 and CZ TS. Not sure how long the G34 will last...

I don't think any Single Stack 9 is a "range gun". 

Offline Roikyou

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 08:34:24 PM »
The point was i would want to put time in and be fairly decent with it if i ever carry it.

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2017, 07:36:56 AM »
The point was i would want to put time in and be fairly decent with it if i ever carry it.

Sorry, isn't that a given?

Offline Roikyou

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2017, 02:22:29 PM »
There is a side of me that would like any pistol I purchase to be just (or almost) as enjoyable as any other I own to shoot. The patience thing always gets me, I get distracted loading every 6 rounds. (12 to 15 is the happy spot) Then you get into extensions and it looses the conceal-ability that it was intended for. So, it's finding that happy ground in between. (regards to conceal, pleasure to shoot and rounds). I keep myself out of situations, avoid or just been dog gone lucky I've never really needed a CCW. (even thought I have a license if I need it)