Author Topic: cz shadow custom or shadow custom from czcustom for uspsa  (Read 623 times)

Offline bsand

cz shadow custom or shadow custom from czcustom for uspsa
« on: December 06, 2016, 02:18:13 PM »
hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a full size metal gun for uspsa. I'm currently running my carry gun a Glock 26.

now I'm looking at cz shadows. saw the shadow custom for 1250$ or a Shadow "custom" by cz custom for 920.

trying to figure out if the extra 370$ is worth it. considering that can pay for more magazines, mag pouches, holster and competition gun belt.

any opinions are greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:16:39 AM by Grendel »

Offline newtoczs

Re: cz shadow custom or shadow custom form czcustom for uspsa
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
What division are you planning on shooting?  I run a 75 Shadow SAO (that was only $800 or so when I got it) in Limited and do pretty well with it.

Offline bsand

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 05:44:40 PM »
Production.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 07:30:02 PM »
The SP01 Shadow has a TAC rail that adds weight up front.  This lessens muzzle flip for fast double/multiple taps.
The 75 Shadow has the same action work but no TAC rail.  Like the SP01 Shadow,  it has the larger bbl diameter (also adds some up front weight) and no firing pin interrupt. 

The DA/SA for Production Class can be tuned to the shooter's preference.  The reset is very short with the disconnector mod.  The trigger pull can be reduced to 6-7# DA and 3-4# SA . 

These mods can be made individually or by buying a ready-to-shoot model with grips, sights, action work, springs, short reset disconnector,  ex ended firing pin, trigget etc. etc.
CZC sells models with the mods and often an extra magazine. Or will sell the individual parts needed for DIY.
CGW sell KITS designed for different shooting preferences,  OR the individual parts for DIY.

So,  you can buy the "basic model pistol" and add only the changes you want.  Let's you get to know your pistol and tailor your choices.  Is this t cheaper?  Maybe. O0

Offline newtoczs

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 02:34:16 AM »
The SP01 Shadow has a TAC rail that adds weight up front.  This lessens muzzle flip for fast double/multiple taps.
The 75 Shadow has the same action work but no TAC rail.  Like the SP01 Shadow,  it has the larger bbl diameter (also adds some up front weight) and no firing pin interrupt. 

The DA/SA for Production Class can be tuned to the shooter's preference.  The reset is very short with the disconnector mod.  The trigger pull can be reduced to 6-7# DA and 3-4# SA . 

These mods can be made individually or by buying a ready-to-shoot model with grips, sights, action work, springs, short reset disconnector,  ex ended firing pin, trigget etc. etc.
CZC sells models with the mods and often an extra magazine. Or will sell the individual parts needed for DIY.
CGW sell KITS designed for different shooting preferences,  OR the individual parts for DIY.

So,  you can buy the "basic model pistol" and add only the changes you want.  Let's you get to know your pistol and tailor your choices.  Is this t cheaper?  Maybe. O0

This is quite possibly the perfect answer. 

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
You can buy the $630 one, or the $930 one, you'll end up putting pretty much all the same parts in it as the $1300 one. On the $630 one you'll even buy $100 sights probably.  All in you're going to settle out closer to $1300.   The $1300 one will have a nicer SA position with the SRTS, but will come with the skateboard aluminum grips.  You could probably call CZC and ask them to leave the grips off and maybe get a bit of a discount.  The difference between the $1300 and a "fully" upgraded action on a $900 one will still be the CZC competition sights, and that competition rear is actually pretty nice.  I'm probably putting it on my shadow that doesn't have one. 
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline bsand

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 07:30:51 PM »
Well oakhill guns ran outta the 920$ version, so im going to be stuck with the 1300$ one.. Now to see about my xmas bonus on Monday, probably will end up ordering it tomorrow.

Offline kmonroe99

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 09:56:39 AM »
Well oakhill guns ran outta the 920$ version, so im going to be stuck with the 1300$ one.. Now to see about my xmas bonus on Monday, probably will end up ordering it tomorrow.
I might've just bought the last CZ Custom Shadow Tac from Oak Hill on Sunday  ;)

Offline bsand

Re: cz shadow custom or shadow custom from czcustom for uspsa
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »
I picked one up from cz custom yesterday. Should get to my FFL by Wednesday.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline thedude

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »
I picked one up from cz custom yesterday. Should get to my FFL by Wednesday.

Congrats!!

Offline bsand

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »
I got to dry fire it today... and WOW im so excited for it to get out of Jail... Since I'm a resident alien I get automatically delayed.. Hopefully ATF is quick and sends a proceed my way tomorrow!!

The sights are nice and tight too, should be an awesome USPSA gun. I can't wait, !@##ty part if ATF doesn't send over a proceed I'll miss the next match on Jan1st as the FFL is closed til jan 3rd after tomorrow.

Offline bsand

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 12:55:16 AM »
Yep, I'm happy I went with the 91030. Sent two boxes down range today. Was hitting alphas with little difficulty at 15 yards.

Figured I probably should see how it groups at 7 yards. Loaded up 19 rounds and rapid fired into the target. Quite happy with the result.