Author Topic: Picked it up today!  (Read 2950 times)

Offline billthemarine2862

Re: Picked it up today!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
I went the wide shadow safety route as well.
It is a nice little upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

U.S. Marine (Retired)
CZ Tactical Sports .40
CZ 97 B
Stock 3 Elite

Offline newtoczs

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »
Great looking 97!

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »
Grips arrived and installed. Now it's time to start shooting it and quit working on it.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:00:05 PM by SPO1SHADOW »
It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

Offline ericskeith5

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
Grips arrived and installed. Now it's time to start shooting it and quit working on it.  ;D

Are those lokgrips? What color/grip style are they?

Thanks, Eric

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 09:13:51 AM »
They are the gray/black Bogies. If you want something with more bite than the factory grip these are it.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-97

Offline ericskeith5

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
Thanks. They look great.

I've read that they are very aggressive. I'm looking for a medium-aggressive grip. Do you think that the Bogies would be too aggressive in my case?

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 02:18:11 PM »
You can tune then to your taste with some 400 grit sand paper quickly and easily.

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 02:20:28 PM »

I noticed that. Looks like we similar tastes in what like in a gun. Now that I am done it's exactly what I wanted. It will go down to CGW for the bushing after the 1st of the year but I will lay waste to tin cans and steel gongs until it's time to part with it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:32:50 PM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline ericskeith5

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 02:42:52 PM »
You can tune then to your taste with some 400 grit sand paper quickly and easily.
Thank you. Good suggestion.

Offline ericskeith5

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Outstanding. I also bought a 97B recently. Surprisingly the hammer locked in the cocked position at 100 rounds the first time I shot it. The hammer was back and I couldn't get it to go forward pulling the trigger, with the slide on or off. Weird. I figure it was the decocker causing the problem. It didn't matter because I had already orderd an SAO trigger and race hammer like you did. I also got an extended safety lever so now it's identical to all the parts I have in my 75B SA.

What sights are you going to put on it?

I ordered the CZ Custom Tactical fixed black rear and a Dawson .100 wide front FO. They came in today. The rest of the parts should arrive today. If they do I will have it all installed by lunch. The sight picture is superb! I also installed the 85 Combat magazine release, quite an improvement over the stock OEM unit.

What is the benefit of the 85 Combat magazine release? Do you have photos? I have a 97BD and wonder if I should make the change also.

Thanks!

Offline billthemarine2862

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »

I noticed that. Looks like we similar tastes in what like in a gun. Now that I am done it's exactly what I wanted. It will go down to CGW for the bushing after the 1st of the year but I will lay waste to tin cans and steel gongs until it's time to part with it.
Not only do we have the same taste in our style of gun, but we have the same plan for upgrading it.
I am sending mine to CGW early 2017 as well.  Doing the bushing and barrel crown.

U.S. Marine (Retired)
CZ Tactical Sports .40
CZ 97 B
Stock 3 Elite

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »
Outstanding. I also bought a 97B recently. Surprisingly the hammer locked in the cocked position at 100 rounds the first time I shot it. The hammer was back and I couldn't get it to go forward pulling the trigger, with the slide on or off. Weird. I figure it was the decocker causing the problem. It didn't matter because I had already orderd an SAO trigger and race hammer like you did. I also got an extended safety lever so now it's identical to all the parts I have in my 75B SA.

I ordered the CZ Custom Tactical fixed black rear and a Dawson .100 wide front FO. They came in today. The rest of the parts should arrive today. If they do I will have it all installed by lunch. The sight picture is superb! I also installed the 85 Combat magazine release, quite an improvement over the stock OEM unit.

What is the benefit of the 85 Combat magazine release? Do you have photos? I have a 97BD and wonder if I should make the change also.

Thanks!

It offers a flat surface instead of having part of the release chopped off at an angle. It does not add much to the length but does offer a checkered flat surface that is much easier to reach and push than the stock OEM angled release button. It would also be very easy to center drill and add the button of your choice because it offers a flat surface to work on.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:55:41 AM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline ericskeith5

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »

Thanks!

It offers a flat surface instead of having part of the release chopped off at an angle. It does not add much to the length but does offer a checkered flat surface that is much easier to reach and push than the stock OEM angled release button. It would also be very easy to center drill and add the button of your choice because it offers a flat surface to work on.

I see. Excellent description and photos. Thank you.

Last question (maybe?)... Is it a direct replacement or does it require machining, shaping, cutting, drilling, etc?

I think I can handle a "remove and replace" but not any of the additional steps as I don't have the tools or knowledge.

Thanks for all your help.

Eric

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »
It is a direct swap out. Pull out the old one, install the new one. Put the springs back in and re-stake the screw. Done.

Offline ericskeith5

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 12:36:09 PM »
It is a direct swap out. Pull out the old one, install the new one. Put the springs back in and re-stake the screw. Done.
I'm familiar with staking in general, but don't see evidence of staking on my 97BD. I assume I'd see the head staked when looking down onto the top of the screw head? Is it possible that my gun wasn't staked and that became a later manufacturing process change? Would I use blue Loctite if no evidence of staking?

Sorry for so many questions.

Eric