Author Topic: Picked it up today!  (Read 3211 times)

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
Re: Picked it up today!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 07:56:20 PM »
I just purchased my new 97B about 3 weeks ago and the screw in it as all other CZ I have is staked in place. You have to look at the front edge of the screw head and you will notice a very small amount of the frame metal that surrounds it has been displaced into the edge of the screw head, mine was done on both sides. The displaced frame material rests against the vertically cut lines on the edge of the screw head to hold it in place. No, I would not use Loc-Tite. If you ever break off the head of the screw (which is not hard to do) you are in trouble and may lose the frame depending on how hard it is to dislodge the threaded section of the screw. Loc-Tite on the threaded portion of the broken screw will make it difficult if not impossible to remove. I use a hardened starter punch to re-stake the screw. One small whack on both sides of the screw head into the frame holds it solidly in place.
It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

Offline CZ Aficionado

• CZ's...what every other gun wishes it could be
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »
Had a stock BD version, great gun......your thread makes me wish I had it back.  I would agree with others that have said they believed the 97 is better than a 1911.....guess I need to start looking  :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:47:53 PM by CZ Aficionado »
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

Offline watchfan1

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 02:55:57 AM »
Thanks for showing those sights, that was very helpful

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 11:54:58 PM »
I'm picking up a 97B tomorrow and I can't wait!

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »
I sent my 97 down to CGW's to get the match bushing installed. I received it back yesterday. I shot some bench rest groups at 25 yards before sending it so I could get an idea of the improvement the match bushing would make. I am going to shoot the after groups in just a few minutes using the same ammo from the same distance. Here are the before groups first.
200 SWC, 5 shots

230 RN, 5 shots

Today after the bushing modification.
200 SWC

230 RN

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:59:58 PM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline rich63

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
That's awesome. I got mine CGW 09/2016. Have approx 1000 rounds through it. Looking forward to getting to the range as soon as the West Pa weather breaks.

rich63

Offline menancyandsam

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:50 PM »
I got the wide Shadow safety installed this morning. I had to fit it to the Race hammer and then cut off and radius the extra part of the longer D shaft that sticks out on the right side of the frame. I marked around the portion of the shaft with a scribe, cut it off slightly long and then polished off the cut marks and put a sligh radius on the end so it would easily slip through the hole in the right side of the frame. I like the larger safety much better as it give my thumb a place to rest. The grips should be here today and we will call this project done.

Do you know if before you cut the peg that protruded from the right side of the frame, if a safety could have attached.  Thus making an ambi safety.

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
No, the hole present in the side of the frame will not accept the right side safety and there is no provision to retain the safety lever even if it was.

Offline rhart

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »
I sent my 97 down to CGW's to get the match bushing installed. I received it back yesterday. I shot some bench rest groups at 25 yards before sending it so I could get an idea of the improvement the match bushing would make. I am going to shoot the after groups in just a few minutes using the same ammo from the same distance. Here are the before groups first.

Seems like it likes the 200 gr bullets. If I had those before groups, I'm not sure I would have sprung for a bushing. Good job from a bench rest. Do you wrist your wrists or your forearms or the gun butt on the bag?

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 05:57:33 AM »
I rest my forearms on the sand bag so I also get some idea of where the sights will need to be moved. As you can see from the pictures, my rear sight had to be moved a tick to the left to center the group. I find if the gun is touching the bag it will change the point of impact. The 200 grain "Wilson load" seems to have some kind of magic attached to it as it is always the most accurate load I ever test in any .45 I have. I was not surprised when it produced an all holes touching group, I was more trying to get the 230 grain load tightened up since it's the one I like for competition and I was not disappointed. Now both loads will shoot all shots touching at 25.