Author Topic: My PCR (But Not Literally a PCR) Is Here!  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Mr. Waverly

My PCR (But Not Literally a PCR) Is Here!
« on: December 10, 2016, 11:25:16 AM »
Yesterday, I was able to pick my new CZ up from my FFL.  My only disappointment in opening the package is that the slide is marked 75D Compact - I was really hoping it would say PCR.  No biggie.  My initial, and overall, impression is IMPRESSIVE!

As all of you are saying, she fits like a glove, and the rubber grips are very sticky.  After a break in period, I am planning to bring her into my daily carry. 

I do have a couple of concerns:  I have not yet gone to the range (weather and time being prime factors), but I have noticed the slide is very stiff when racking, especially with a mag inserted.  Also, the decocker seems to work very hard.  I have cleaned, oiled and lube her, so I am hoping the stiffness works itself out after a few hundred rounds.  Is this normal, or is these factors something that I should contact CZ about?

Offline Maximus7

Re: My PCR (But Not Literally a PCR) Is Here!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:36:05 PM »
Yesterday, I was able to pick my new CZ up from my FFL.  My only disappointment in opening the package is that the slide is marked 75D Compact - I was really hoping it would say PCR.  No biggie.  My initial, and overall, impression is IMPRESSIVE!

As all of you are saying, she fits like a glove, and the rubber grips are very sticky.  After a break in period, I am planning to bring her into my daily carry. 

I do have a couple of concerns:  I have not yet gone to the range (weather and time being prime factors), but I have noticed the slide is very stiff when racking, especially with a mag inserted.  Also, the decocker seems to work very hard.  I have cleaned, oiled and lube her, so I am hoping the stiffness works itself out after a few hundred rounds.  Is this normal, or is these factors something that I should contact CZ about?

Where did you happen to order your PRC?

Offline DirtsCZ

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »
Ive never seen one that says pcr on the slide.  Ive only seen them marked 75d

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »

I have a PCR that I bought new in 2000 (00) date code.  On the right side of the slide in front of the ejection port, and behind the front slide serrations is MOD. PCR.  I guess they dropped this on later guns. 

Offline viking499

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »

I have a PCR that I bought new in 2000 (00) date code.  On the right side of the slide in front of the ejection port, and behind the front slide serrations is MOD. PCR.  I guess they dropped this on later guns.

Who was importer?

Offline FlatFootedNinja

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 03:45:05 PM »
I was really hoping it would say PCR
ummm... have you looked at the gun on the CZ-USA page? Doesn't say PCR

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-compact-black-alloy-9mm-14-rd-mags/

Offline Mr. Waverly

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:40:41 PM »
I ordered my 75D Compact (see, I am flexible with terminology  ;) ) straight from CZ-USA via their military/first responder program (I am retired military).  And yes, I've seen the photos; mine has the same markings, so I was not surprised not to see PCR - just wishful thinking on my part since it was sold as a PCR.  Again, no big deal.

To me, right now, the real issue is the difficulty in racking the slide and decocking out of the box.  Is this typical, and will work itself out, or should this be taken up with CZ's customer service?  This is my first CZ.  And, maybe a better question to ask is, what is the best way to break in my new gun?

Thanks!

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 05:27:26 PM »
My decocker is fine, but yes--very stiff recoil spring and hammer spring.  Makes press checking tough.  I suppose that is why they have a loaded chamber indicator.  I'm considering a reduction in spring weights.  CGW sells a 3 spring combo that should help with the stiff trigger.  Based on brass ejection distance I do believe I can reduce the recoil spring weight as well.  Nothing crazy, still stiff enough for SD.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 07:26:55 PM »
She will loosen up with time; she's still feeling her way through this big new world. ;)

Offline Bible2David

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 07:38:46 PM »
The CZ 75D Compact is the PCR.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 07:45:45 AM »
Who was importer?

CZ-USA, Kansas City. 

Offline viking499

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 09:00:28 AM »
Who was importer?

CZ-USA, Kansas City.

They are older than I thought.  When did they start up?

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 09:08:43 AM »
My 2016 factory-new CZ75D Compact doesn't say PCR either. 

I tested the frame with a magnet to ensure that it was the alloy and not steel.

Interestingly it has "CIP N" and lion/shield proof marks.

Yes the slide and recoil spring are stiff, but I expect them to loose up after more range time.
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline Cousin Vinnie

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 09:44:54 AM »
My 2016 factory model also has a CIP over N, the lion and the number 16.

Offline thedude

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 10:15:06 AM »
Congrats on the new PCR!    8)

anything