Author Topic: The Road to B Class, is now the Road to A Class.  (Read 409 times)

Offline DrewDaBear

• https://www.youtube.com/user/DrewDaBear
The Road to B Class, is now the Road to A Class.
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »
I've been shooting USPSA matches for just over 1 1/2, with only shooting matches with no practice. After two months of being a member at an out door range, I'm starting to see some improvement, and a ton of more problems to fix. Back to the range I say!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:29:41 PM by DrewDaBear »
If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man and I take a better stand! - THE NORTIOUS B.I.G.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: The Road to B Class, is now the Road to A Class.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »
Congrats!

I finally got classified last April at a 59.36 and have been stuck in C class since.  I routinely beat B class shooters in overall match results but just can't seem to shoot a classifier to save my life!  We always do "All Classifier" matches in April.  Hopefully I can get my act together before then.   ;)

Offline DrewDaBear

• https://www.youtube.com/user/DrewDaBear
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:28:50 PM »
I'm not far from you, if my math is right, I'm at 60.25%. So I'm right there with you. Wish you well on the up coming classifiers. Back to dry fire I say too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man and I take a better stand! - THE NORTIOUS B.I.G.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »
Congrats!

I finally got classified last April at a 59.36 and have been stuck in C class since.  I routinely beat B class shooters in overall match results but just can't seem to shoot a classifier to save my life!  We always do "All Classifier" matches in April.  Hopefully I can get my act together before then.   ;)
I can't make USPSA matches any more,  but I had the same problem.  I could shoot with the B shooters,  but couldn't do it in enough classifiers. The classifiers were different.   Instead of jplanning, speed and accuracy balanced,  The movment/speed is often reduced and accuracy is critical.  Often there was little or no planning options on how to run the stage.

Offline MontanaCZ

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
Woo hoo!!  Congratulations Drew!

I have been accused more than once of sandbagging.  Last year I finally made it to C (just made it), after what is like 7 years. Part of it is that I was spending all my time helping others to get better, and zero time on myself.  I did not shoot a single Classifier I believe this year since I shot all 3Gun, but I know in that I improved quite a bit in my placement there.  We shall see if what I do for next season.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »
Congrats man! 
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

anything