Author Topic: 85 Combat's trigger started biting  (Read 1483 times)

Offline FireMoose

85 Combat's trigger started biting
« on: December 16, 2016, 03:11:24 AM »
The last time I shot it I noticed the bottom of the trigger was biting my finger. Never happened before and I'm not sure what changed, though it had been a couple months since I shot it.

Anyways, my black rifle disease is starting to subside and I've been thinking about triggers. Is the "old style" what I might be looking for?

It's 09 stamped and I want to keep it da/sa. I wasn't totally sure about the shadow 85 area of the site.

SPO1SHADOW

Re: 85 Combat's trigger started biting
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:12:06 AM »
I have been replacing all of mine with the stainless old style 85C trigger from GCW. No biting at all.

Offline FireMoose

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 02:52:16 AM »
On a 1-10 scale, how hard is the swap out?

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 06:22:22 AM »
I would rate it a 5 if you have never had it apart. You will need a starter punch to get the trigger pin moving on the smaller flared side. You will need a replacement trigger pin, I use the floating trigger pins from GCW. You will need some punches and a slave pin for the trigger return spring when you put it back in the gun. You will have to disassemble the gun to get the trigger bar out. I could do the swap in about 10 minutes but if you have never had one stripped down it will take a while to figure out how it all goes back. It would be a good time to get familiar with the inner workings. If you decide to try it be aware you need to cover the top of the frame with your hand when you pull the punch out of the trigger pin hole. The trigger return spring will go flying off into the 5th dimension if you are not anticipating its launch.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:45:14 AM by SPO1SHADOW »