Author Topic: Rhodesian sling?  (Read 7721 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Rhodesian sling?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 10:53:41 PM »
Armordman, I have a 1942 SMLE manufactured at the Lithgow Armoury in Auslantis. That year my father was a Lieutenant in the 2nd AIF fighting the Japanese on the Kokoda Track in New Guinea. My brother has one from 1916. My Grandfather was at Gallipoli on 25 April 1915 (it's like our version of Memorial Day) in the 1st World War (mine's a better shooter) but we have a lot of fun competing for bragging rights. The SMLE has been reputed to be the fastest, slickest bolt-action rifle before the M1 introduced the era of self-loading rifles as standard issue,
God Bless the Diggers.
Your grandfather was at Gallipoli while mine was gearing up to head to France with Black Jack Pershing! :)
I had a No4Mk1* which was awesome, miss it. Had a cheap bad sling on it, only had the period knife bayonet.
Still need that slign for my 527M, though.

Offline audax

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:05:48 PM »
Try a Brownell's Latigo Sling.

+1
Gives you the same shooting loop as the Rhodesian, but is easily adjustable for carry. I got rid of the Chicago screw on mine and installed a Conway buckle (like the Rhodesian) so I can quickly adjust the size of the shooting loop for prone, thicker jacket, etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:08:34 PM by audax »
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Offline flyingchipmunk

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »
I've got one of those Rhodesian slings with (Hammer Head Sling Swivels) on my 527 and it's great. I can shoot nice groups on the range with it, and it's easy to use. Took me like 5 minutes to figure it out.

Putting in the sockets for the sling swivels was tricky though. My terrible job takes away from how sleek they make the rifle a bit.

Offline Wayne Ratcliff

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
Andy's on my 557

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline JDL

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »
Recently I got a Montana sling. Very simple and easy to adjust without any metal buckles to mar the stock and very reasonably priced.

anything