Author Topic: Welded Trigger Pack  (Read 6222 times)

Offline Fate

Re: Welded Trigger Pack
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 05:47:09 PM »
Really appreciate you folks helpful advice.

I was <this> close to buying that mill bit, but decided to give it one more try.  Finally got it.  Took a total of about two hours (please don't laugh... too much).

Somewhere in this whole process I stripped out the head of the original Allen screw holding the trigger pack in. I think I used the wrong size Allen wrench.  In the end, I wound up drilling down into the screw from the trigger guard side, using a very small drill bit positioned through the access hole in the guard.  Then I took a small file and cut a slot into the screw head.  Finally, I used a regular screwdriver to unscrew that stoopid little mangle Allen screw.

Nuff said on all that.  Got the HBi spring set in and she's all back together.  Holy smokes, what a difference in the trigger those two little springs make! Prolly gonna get some Range time tomorrow.

My weld was also a beast. Picked up my Scorpion in September. My experience mirrored yours in that my attempts to drill out the weld resulted in several divots outside of the collar hole. After 40 minutes of little progress, I took your second route and drilled from the trigger side. What a difference! I had that screw out in under a minute.

Working on some internals polishing and HBI trigger spring upgrades later this evening.

Offline CaptJager

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
If you guys ever need help with them I only charge $22 shipped back and do your HBI trigger parts installs as well.
Usually do 10 or so a week

Need to get address to send it to you not chancing it again.

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »
Mine had a gorilla weld on it and had no problem getting it drilled with a carbine tip 3/16 bit.

Offline NOLAGT

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »
Really appreciate you folks helpful advice.

I was <this> close to buying that mill bit, but decided to give it one more try.  Finally got it.  Took a total of about two hours (please don't laugh... too much).

Somewhere in this whole process I stripped out the head of the original Allen screw holding the trigger pack in. I think I used the wrong size Allen wrench.  In the end, I wound up drilling down into the screw from the trigger guard side, using a very small drill bit positioned through the access hole in the guard.  Then I took a small file and cut a slot into the screw head.  Finally, I used a regular screwdriver to unscrew that stoopid little mangle Allen screw.

Nuff said on all that.  Got the HBi spring set in and she's all back together.  Holy smokes, what a difference in the trigger those two little springs make! Prolly gonna get some Range time tomorrow.

My weld was also a beast. Picked up my Scorpion in September. My experience mirrored yours in that my attempts to drill out the weld resulted in several divots outside of the collar hole. After 40 minutes of little progress, I took your second route and drilled from the trigger side. What a difference! I had that screw out in under a minute.

Working on some internals polishing and HBI trigger spring upgrades later this evening.

I have been trying to drill mine out and its not giving in.  It seems I have almost the whole color gone now and it still wont budge.  Its probably off center some and causing my issues.  I hope I didn't go down too far already.  If I do can I replace that piece with the threads?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:01:11 PM by NOLAGT »

Offline Fate

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 04:09:21 PM »
That's crazy deep. Have you tried to unscrew the bolt yet? The trigger pack housing is available from CZ but I'd almost be afraid of going thru that and destroying the lower receiver plastic like another poster.

Give up and drill from the other side.

Offline NOLAGT

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
That's crazy deep. Have you tried to unscrew the bolt yet? The trigger pack housing is available from CZ but I'd almost be afraid of going thru that and destroying the lower receiver plastic like another poster.

Give up and drill from the other side.

Yea I know.  I wasnt paying attention...I would dril and then try to unscrew...repeat.  Then I stopped and thought that looks pretty deep and started to wonder if I already went too far.  I try to unscrew but I stripped the screw head with the allen wrench.  I'll either drill from the other side or try to brake the head off the screw.

What did the other poster have to do after he messed up the plastic of the gun?

Offline Fate

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »
Sounds like he's still struggling. Apparently the part that CZ stocks for the lower receiver plastic housing doesn't fit his world-legal version. I'm guessing you'd be in the same boat.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84619.0
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:10:11 PM by Fate »

Offline NOLAGT

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »
Sounds like he's still struggling. Apparently the part that CZ stocks for the lower receiver plastic housing doesn't fit his world-legal version. I'm guessing you'd be in the same boat.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84619.0

Yuck!  I used a flat head screwdriver and popped off the collar. Now I just have to man Handel the screw and unscrew it!

Offline NOLAGT

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »
Finally got that darn screw off and out and the trigger changed!  Mine did not go smooth at all lol. I got it tho and what a difference...worth it.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:24:26 AM by NOLAGT »

Offline JRIP

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
I went to menards and bought a diamond tipped dremal set for less than $10. It had a ball end bit. It ate right through the weld.  Once you get a divit started it sets in the pocket and grinds to the screw until the collar releases from the screw.  Even re used the screw.

Offline NOLAGT

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »
I think I went wrong by not having the proper drill bit.  I was trying to use what I had...and it probably started off center.  I also think the heat from the drill bits maybe heated it all up so the screw would never release.

Offline Fate

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 04:21:36 PM »
Finally got that darn screw off and out and the trigger changed!  Mine did not go smooth at all lol. I got it tho and what a difference...worth it.
Glad you finally got it without damaging anything.

Offline Old Dominion

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
I had a time removing mine. I had to use diamond tip bits and a dremil. I had to go all the way down to the bottom of the collar.
*CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine
*CZ 612HC-P 12Ga.
*CZ 75B Compact L
*CZ 75 P06
*CZ 75 SP01 Tac. 9
*CZ 75 ('91 pre B)
*CZ 75B Limited Ed. Stainless
*Dan Wesson Valor SS Government

Offline Headspace

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »
I just broke mine free using a Dremel grinding stone #953.

Took less than 5 min using a 90 degree attachment @ 35k rpm's.

Cost less than $5 for a 2 pack from Home depot.

Worth a try.

Offline photog22740

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 07:41:05 PM »
Stupid question.  Why remove the trigger weld?  To work on the trigger, or be able to replace parts to meet the requirements of U.S. parts for SBR?  Both?  Thanks much for the insight.  I filled out that form with CZ to have the swap, but not even sure i need to.