Author Topic: P-10/P-10C topic--Expectations for the new polymer striker pistol?  (Read 11727 times)

Offline Major

Re: P-10/P-10C topic--Expectations for the new polymer striker pistol?
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2017, 01:10:50 AM »
I was just told today by a gun dealer in San Antonio Texas to expect delivery of the P10C in about 2 weeks.
Nagel's?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2017, 10:29:07 PM »
5-6 weeks...gah....

Offline Joe L

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »
Well, our first local (small) bullseye match is a week from today.  Doesn't look like I'll be shooting a P10C in that match.  I might shoot the P-07 instead, however.  Or the Kadet.  Or the 97B"E".  Or the old P-09.  I don't know.  I'm kinda disappointed, that's for sure. 

However, whenever it gets here, I'll be a happy camper, no matter how it shoots!  I'll learn something, that's for sure.   This is the longest running thread I've ever started.  And it's about a gun I haven't even seen yet. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »
Joe,  shoot that "tricked up" 75B".  I really enjoy hearing your results with a pistol that been around for quite some time and under rated. O0

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2017, 10:17:01 PM »
Joe, you'll be amazing people with that P-10C soon, I don't doubt!

Offline Joe L

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2017, 11:18:36 PM »
I broke out the JB-Weld and built up the sides and top of the front site in my P-07 night sights so that I can file them to the right width for a precise bullseye sight picture and an x-ring hold at 25 yards.  I was hitting 4" high at 25 with my puny match ammo, would probably be about right for snappy defense ammo.  I have to add 0.026" to the height and just a few thou to the width on each side.  I did this to the P-09 a few years ago and it is still in place, but I don't use the front sight after putting the red dot on the pistol.

I thought about setting the elevation for an 8 ring 6 o'clock hold at 50 yd for bullseye but I can't stand the sights to be off at 25, I can't ever remember how they were sighted in between range trips. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2017, 01:12:01 AM »
My brother in law ordered a P-10C tonight through Cabela's. It might be a while, but as soon as he gets it I'll go along with him to the range and give you all a report.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline aflevine

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
CZ seems to have a real dilemma!  :o  How many P-10c's to produce?   They know they have an outstanding design with real improvements over Glock.  However, the market remains captive.  Personally, if I did not know about CZ and I had to choose an EDC pistol, the support for the Glock would likely be a deciding factor.  CZ really needs to land contracts or commit resources to build the market aggressively, which requires deep pockets.  I also have to wonder how Glock will move to protect its market?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:36:48 PM by aflevine »

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2017, 08:29:37 PM »
CZ seems to have a real dilemma!  :o  How many P-10c's to produce?   They know they have an outstanding design with real improvements over Glock.  However, the market remains captive.  Personally, if I did not know about CZ and I had to choose an EDC pistol, the support for the Glock would likely be a deciding factor.  CZ really needs to land contracts or commit resources to build the market aggressively, which requires deep pockets.  I also have to wonder how Glock will move to protect its market?

CZ is extremely late to an already over crowded field. Law enforcement and military are pretty decided already with Glock and the Sig P320. With that being said I love Glock and plan on picking up a p-10c due to the price point but they will struggle with the LE/military market.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2017, 09:24:39 PM »
CZ seems to have a real dilemma!  :o  How many P-10c's to produce?

Anything more than 0.

Offline StealthyTX

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2017, 08:09:40 AM »

Not sure all the contracts in the world would do CZ any good when you consider that CZ can't seem to keep a supply of anything on the shelves.

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2017, 09:23:56 AM »

Not sure all the contracts in the world would do CZ any good when you consider that CZ can't seem to keep a supply of anything on the shelves.

Agreed, currently they couldn't produce enough firearms to be able to make enough for a large contract. I would assume a dedicated production plant would be needed in the USA to meet those demands.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2017, 10:00:13 AM »
Been asking for a US plant for years...
CZ-USA says the P-10Cs are still on track for arrival in the next few days.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »
Been asking for a US plant for years...
CZ-USA says the P-10Cs are still on track for arrival in the next few days.

The challenge then becomes political and organizational.  Having worked for many foreign-owned multi-nationals, maintaining control becomes the overriding consideration.  CZ management may feel a great responsibility and loyalty to their workers, the local community, and the Czech Republic.  The current political climate would seem to increase the risk of such a decision too.

anything