Author Topic: P09 vs shadow 2 for IDPA or IpSC  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Kenneth

P09 vs shadow 2 for IDPA or IpSC
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »
I have never shot a p09 . It is hard for me to understand how a lighter gun have less recoil

You can believe it, it is true. The polymer frame absorbs a lot of recoil. Mine is softer shooting than any of my Shadows. I had to buy one to realize this.

I wouldn't ever believe it either until I bought one.

I would seriously get a P09 with full Cajun parts. Heavy guide rod with 11-12 pound recoil spring. Stipple the frame or grip tape and call it a day.
My P09 shoots great. It doesn't "feel" as nice as my shadow but it does shoot softer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reyper

Re: P09 vs shadow 2 for IDPA or IpSC
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 12:07:26 PM »
The feel of the P09 with Talon Grip tape is amazing. Even better I have mine Cajunized. Good shooting, Rey

Offline Rick53

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Hi everybody, am new into guns and looking to get my gun license early Jan.
I regularly shoot 25m fixed targets at my local range and among the the pistols i tried ( sig 210, 220, glock19, cz p09 and cz shadow 2) the 2 CZs really stand out with great ergonomics, overall feeling, looks and mostly accuracy.
Very impressed with the shadow 2 although a bit pricey 1230,- here vs p09 at 650,-
I would like to progress and do some IDPA OR IPSC shooting so looking for advices what would be better for me.
Cheers, thx
The PO9 is the simplest gun there is to do the modifications yourself : Unless you have no mechanical ability at all the P-09 is a no brainer to polish and fit Custom Parts to:  Plenty of Threads and videos to help you along the way

Offline kato01

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »
To dog pile on to the previous comments, I have a CZ Custom Shadow and a CGW P-09.  The P-09 has softer recoil.  It almost feels like the slide is moving more slowly than the Shadow.  The Shadow gets back on target quicker, because of the weight, I assume.

Offline Kisssofdeath

• Live today as if it was your last day.
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
This is really good information.  Although not related to the subject but kind of where this post is heading, I found this out last night while reading the IDPA rules.  Milling a slide for a rear sight takes your SSP division gun and puts it in ESP division.
Thanks,
Tim

If you know how many guns you have ...you don't have enough.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »
I have never shot a p09 . It is hard for me to understand how a lighter gun have less recoil

You can believe it, it is true. The polymer frame absorbs a lot of recoil. Mine is softer shooting than any of my Shadows. I had to buy one to realize this.

I wouldn't ever believe it either until I bought one.

I would seriously get a P09 with full Cajun parts. Heavy guide rod with 11-12 pound recoil spring. Stipple the frame or grip tape and call it a day.
My P09 shoots great. It doesn't "feel" as nice as my shadow but it does shoot softer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My P-09 has the least amount of recoil and muzzle flip than any other gun I own. It is a pleasure to shoot with any load +P down to 125 PF. My Wife won't shoot any other gun because of this. I had to buy her one also.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »
That's interesting.  I shot a P07 and i thought it wasn't as soft as my compact.  Wife is looking at a pistol, I'm not sure she could handle a double action though - maybe if I dropped down the pull weight on DA. 
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
When you do the polishing and the CGW's parts it becomes a very competitive gun. Mine has an 7.5# double action that is smooth as glass and absolutely no stacking with the single action breaking just below 3#'s. You can play with the sear and TR springs and get it lighter. It is much easier to work on and so help me, other than the slightly longer reset, it is as soft as you can get in 9mm. My Wife is very recoil sensitive, she has been shooting a highly modified Shadow 1 for about 2 years. When she tried the P-09 I didn't think I would ever get it back so I bought her one to get mine back. It's all we shoot now. I had been putting off buying one for years thinking that a lighter gun could not possibly be any better but that polymer frame soaks up recoil like magic, at least for us. These things are so personal you may not find the same.

Also let me add, with a good set of the grip tape grips it is just immovable in the hands.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:25:09 AM by SPO1SHADOW »