Author Topic: CZ P10 C Round 2! How does it compare to the G19?  (Read 6902 times)

Offline thedude

Re: CZ P10 C Round 2! How does it compare to the G19?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »
Looks like CZ has a winner on their hands!

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 09:25:21 PM »
I really want this gun. I think it is a great all around package; but I think when the time comes to replace my carry sr40c (Basically a glock that looks better and has a manual safety), I will reunite my P09 with it's baby brother. Will probably take a few years and many more rounds.

CZ's have just really made me like and live by the hammer.

Offline copemech

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 12:19:53 AM »
I have friends in low places and got my hands on a P10c today. I did not get to shoot it, but did examine it.

I think it is a great gun for its intended purpose, lots of features over many duty pistols---but!

The trigger sucked!

A 5 or 6 pound creepy plastic trigger with a little dickie sticking out is not for me. It is no PPQ, not even a good VP9, and no fix in sight. It is not DA/SA(striker) like a P99 either. It is sort of a Glock in sheeps clothing, but I do not own one of them either.

For now, I will stick with my hammer gun, the lightly modded P07 with a short crisp 3.2 lb SA and a long 8.5 lb DA, it just works.

But that is me and why I have CZ's in the first place.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 01:33:30 AM »
Saw this vid earlier today, very good news and love the FDE.

*This forum needs to start a P-10 section of its own. It is CZ's first striker so it doesn't fit into another category. They now have added it to the 75 Compact section which makes no sense. Yes this model is a C (compact) but there are going to be other models of the 10 so where are they going to put the standard??? The P-10C has threads in General, General Firearms, Compact 75, and the Duty sections. Jeez. There needs to be one place for the info.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
Very nice video?thanks for the link. That said, it did make me think (which is about all I can do right now since I haven't handled the P-10C yet) about the differences between the P-10 and, for example, the P-07, PPQ, and P99/P99C (all of which I do have). While I may end up with one, and there will be an initial rush, not so sure how it will fare in the long run vs other similar handguns (including the Glocks). However, the FDE does look good, and perhaps once I handle one the ergos (for me) will be so good that I will end up with one?if not in 9mm, then perhaps in .40 S&W.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 02:30:30 PM »
I have plenty of personal experience with the Glock 19 as my issued sidearm that I have to qualify with every year. These are the award pins I can wear in Class A uniform for my shooting ability with a gun I don't like. :) Not blowing my own horn - I actually just found these digging through a drawer, as I rarely if ever wear awards if I don't have to....

If I get a chance to test out the P-10C, I will do what I can on my home range, OR possible the secret CATS range, if I can get over there. ;) Then things can get a little more fun. :D

Offline Independent George

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »
For institutional armorers, the parts availability and service from Glock/S&W is really hard to beat. If CZ really wants to make inroads with LE, that's what they have to invest in even more than the gun itself.

I see the Sig 320 benefitting from the fact that the fire control unit is the serialized part rather than the frame; that makes it really easy to replace an inexpensive, non-controlled polymer part should it be damaged.
CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline eastman

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »
Not sure if it is a sign about when the P-10c will be readily available, but the first model in the 2017 CZ calendar holding a P-10c is Miss May.   O0
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »
Three P-10 Cs are ordered in the Florida panhandle.  2 black and one FDE (mine)!

Happy New Year!!

Bob

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
*This forum needs to start a P-10 section of its own. It is CZ's first striker so it doesn't fit into another category. They now have added it to the 75 Compact section which makes no sense. Yes this model is a C (compact) but there are going to be other models of the 10 so where are they going to put the standard??? The P-10C has threads in General, General Firearms, Compact 75, and the Duty sections. Jeez. There needs to be one place for the info.
I agree, and I'm sure that eventually it will get it's own section. But this isn't CZ's first striker pistol. It will however, undoubtedly be CZ's first POPULAR striker fire pistol and I will get one to go with my pair of CZ 100's, which are still my favorite.

Hopefully Armoredman doesn't have a coronary hearing me say that!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 01:28:08 PM »
No coronary yet, but not for lack of trying. I had a CZ-100, and won't do that again! Butm that's just me, everyone has their likes and loves. ;)
"the parts availability and service from Glock/S&W is really hard to beat."
Glock hasn't done much for us but give good deals on new guns, and the difficulty of getting into the Armorer course has left the same guy as the Complex Armorer for 14 years now, when it's supposed to be a 3 year post. But that could be the Dept, as well.
One thing I did see in the video is Tim uses the same grip I do, the one I got SCREAMED at on my Cajun Gun Works P-09 video as being so horrible that I would never be a "A" game shooter! Funniest things I read all that day. ;)

Offline Biggsly

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 10:03:51 PM »
Like many of you, I can't wait to get my hands on the 10. I love my G-19 and I will never get rid of it.
That said. The P-07 will out shoot the G-19 out of the box IMO, so I can't wait to see how the 10 handles.
Never take me serious.

anything