Author Topic: Fancy holsters for CZ 75?  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
Fancy holsters for CZ 75?
« on: December 29, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »
Question for you guys ... I make all sorts of leather goods including guitar straps, Motorcycle gear, bags and a LOT of holsters. I focus mainly on 1911 and revo holsters because I like making decorated holsters. A friend of mine who has bought many a holster from me was by and gave me 2 days of instruction on reloading. I wanted to give him something and he just got himself a new CZ 75B and wanted a holster from me. He is a black on black boned holster guy but I went ahead and bought the mold.

So here is the question. I think there are plenty of Chinese ebay guys that can sell you a black leather holster for a CZ 75b pretty cheaply but ... are CZ 75b owners the type that might like say frog skin or lizard overlay or decorative stamping or are they by and large pretty plain jane black.

I keep a couple of glock molds around but Glock guys tend to like plain black. I get a call every now and again for something fancier so I keep them but I am trying to decide if I should just sell the CZ mold after I make the holster or if there are at least a few cz owners that like a little pimpin.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Fancy holsters for CZ 75?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »
If you could post some pics of your work and maybe a ball park figure on cost it might be worth your while.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »
If you could post some pics of your work and maybe a ball park figure on cost it might be worth your while.

Thank you for asking about my work. I was pretty sure that the Admin prohibits advertising without actually paying for advertising and I can fully respect that. It was just a general question trying to gauge interest and CZ 75 owners. I know that its impossible to make a huge blanket to cover them all but I figured since I have seen some pretty shmancy grips available for the 75 that maybe those same owners might like something nicer in their leather.

With glocks ... well .. their glocks.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:11:13 AM »
You could always put together a custom CZ holster and put it up in the classifieds and see if it garners any interest that way and we could get a look at your craftsmanship at the same time. Just a thought.

Offline viking499

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »

Thank you for asking about my work. I was pretty sure that the Admin prohibits advertising without actually paying for advertising and I can fully respect that. It was just a general question trying to gauge interest and CZ 75 owners. I know that its impossible to make a huge blanket to cover them all but I figured since I have seen some pretty shmancy grips available for the 75 that maybe those same owners might like something nicer in their leather.

With glocks ... well .. their glocks.

Just post a handful of pics of some things you made to show us.  That's not advertising, that's just showing us your skills and abilities. ;)

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
I started doing leather work in about '91 and it helped pay for school supplies when I went back to school. Went on to a happy wonderful career but stayed with leather working as a hobby. Now I am retired and I still do it as a hobby and it pays for ammo and some bills but I do it at my own pace and try to do things that are fun to do. I do all my stitching by hand on a stitching pony like an old fart.  :)
I just think hand stitching a good saddle stitch is really attractive and its the strongest way to join leather.

Here are some pix ... hope noone gets pissed.

Delete if nessesary!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:50:41 AM by Boriqua »

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:45 AM »
Nice looking holsters.  I like the colors in pic #1 and #5.  Bet a CZ would look good in something like that.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »
Viking499 and I must have the same tastes. #1 and #5 would be my choices too
    OP, I'm not much on OWB, but those are all great looking holsters. If I carried open I'd have something flashy like Python trim, but since I conceal I prefer more low key.
    The point is, I don't think you'd go wrong on keeping the mould. People have all kinds of tastes, and I don't think you'd have any trouble selling enough holsters to pay for it.
   Good luck.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »
Number 1 was a hit and I was asked to make a set with a double mag pouch for off duty carry for a Kentucky LEO.

beleive it or not the design was inspired by Spanish outdoor design. Faded irregular tile, hard lines floral borders .. I dont know ... I was struck with it and made this on leather.

The red/burgandy on black is a popular color scheme. I sell them as fast as I make them .. which isnt very fast :) I have since changed the pattern on this basketweave design but here is an older pic of the color scheme

Like I said .. I am a hobbiest so I am no threat to any of the big guys .. I make maybe 8 holsters a month but I make other things as well. Over 20 yrs doing this off and on and I still think there are things I can do better which keeps me playing with leather.

Guess I will try a couple for the 75 since I will already have the mold. I wont get a lot less for the mold if I try a couple of holsters first.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:51:00 PM by Boriqua »

Offline SoCal

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 01:24:31 PM »
Beautiful!
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline burley

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
I've an elephant skin for my stainless.

You do some nice work. I like the skull one.
DUST               WIND               DUDE

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »
Dude !!! Stainless, pink celluloid grips, elephant and what looks like red stitching! you sir are a pimp daddy!  ;D

Ok so now I am excited about getting my new mold!

Offline viking499

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »
Just about every color in the color wheel there in one picture. ;)

Offline burley

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 06:46:35 PM »
Just about every color in the color wheel there in one picture. ;)

Why I aughta!!!!
Post another Pimpin' Pic!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
DUST               WIND               DUDE

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 07:52:12 PM »
did you make those?