Author Topic: Fancy holsters for CZ 75?  (Read 9745 times)

Offline burley

Re: Fancy holsters for CZ 75?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 07:56:52 PM »
Not Me. Just my idea.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline villdetwink

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
Beautiful work Boriqua...Thank you for sharing the photos!

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 11:17:25 PM »
What does one like pic #1 run....in the dollar and cents world?   :)

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »
Boriqua, those are beautiful!!! I was a die hard leather hoster guy for years, but finally succumbed to kydex for sheer practicality. There's still no substitute for leather and fine craftsmanship for dressy occasions - the proverbial BBQ holster.

I always liked RafterS for Avenger style holsters with exotic skins. Was lucky enough to pick up a couple for 1911s, but none for CZ.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
That guy was sold for $70.00 + shipping. 8oz leather all hand stitched. I will be doing one for the CZ 75 since I made my first holster with my new pattern and made some slight adjustments so I am ready to make em. I have a nice working pattern for the 75 full size and the 75 compact. Dont think I will get into the p07 but I may see about a mold for the 01 if the cz's sell. I am anxious to see how they do. The basketweave guy I put up runs $65.00 + shipping and the first 2 I have are the basketweaves. I started with a wine colored basketweave on a black body and a brandy to medium brown on black body as my 2 tests holsters. For 1911's they usually go pretty readily so I figured I would start with those. I work really slowly. Like I said ... Its a hobby I make a few bucks on. Been at it since '91 but now I am retired and just make things.

Joe .. Thank you for your kind comments. I have a kydex or two laying around but since I have aged I dont have the athletic body I once did and now there seem to be spots that get rubbed by things ... :-[

It nice to know the leather will smooth over and be kind to my not great physique where kydex will dig in to that skin forever. But I am with you ... if I dont have a holster already strapped to my belt and I have to run to the store it is convenient to just slip that kydex in my pants. I have a new IWB design I am doing for a Shield. I did a prototype and loved it. Very comfortable. Have to finish one for the shield as a custom order for someone then I think my new CZ compact gets one.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:14:28 AM by Boriqua »

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »
That guy was sold for $70.00 + shipping. 8oz leather all hand stitched. I will be doing one for the CZ 75 since I made my first holster with my new pattern and made some slight adjustments so I am ready to make em. I have a nice working pattern for the 75 full size and the 75 compact. Dont think I will get into the p07 but I may see about a mold for the 01 if the cz's sell. I am anxious to see how they do. The basketweave guy I put up runs $65.00 + shipping and the first 2 I have are the basketweaves. I started with a wine colored basketweave on a black body and a brandy to medium brown on black body as my 2 tests holsters. For 1911's they usually go pretty readily so I figured I would start with those. I work really slowly. Like I said ... Its a hobby I make a few bucks on. Been at it since '91 but now I am retired and just make things.

Hate to make a retired guy work (at all  :)) but I may be compelled to in the near future......slowly ease you away from your porch and rocking chair.......all kidding aside you do really great work, its easy to tell the quality you put into them.  The word is out, guess your should plan how your going to come out of retirement and start climbing the corporate ladder of leather working   ;D

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »
That is really funny because I do a bunch of my sewing on my porch sitting in a rocking chair!! I have a stitching pony I made a couple years back and dig the birds and sew my stuff.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:47 PM »
That is really funny because I do a bunch of my sewing on my porch sitting in a rocking chair!! I have a stitching pony I made a couple years back and dig the birds and sew my stuff.

Too funny, came up with the porch and rocker because that's my plan  :).......one additional question, are you able to make them with slide/sweat guard extension......hate the gun rubbing directly on the shirt/skin. Thanks........

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »

Too funny, came up with the porch and rocker because that's my plan  :).......one additional question, are you able to make them with slide/sweat guard extension......hate the gun rubbing directly on the shirt/skin. Thanks........

I do body/sweatshields when asked but dont put them on items I will put up for blind sale. I personally hate them on my own guns and they dont sell as quickly as holsters without them.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
Here is one I am just about finished with for a 1911 ... It is a bit more deep burgundy/wine color than I managed to capture. Dont know that I will try this one for the CZ but I think it came out kind of neat.

http://www.boriqualeather.com/1911%20evils/

Offline WNYSooner

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »
These are some really good looking holsters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 07:22:29 PM »
Boriqua those are incredible holsters. Not at the phase of life to afford such quality pieces of work but I'm sure others on the forum will be interested. Do you have a website or something as a reference?
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »
Wow, great looking holsters!

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 01:43:15 AM »
Boriqua, do you have a Iwb for 75 compact? It is really a c-100 but 75 compact should work fine. Also can I get a price for that awsome work?

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »
Boriqua, do you have a Iwb for 75 compact? It is really a c-100 but 75 compact should work fine. Also can I get a price for that awsome work?

Thank you for your kind comments. I do make an IWB and there are a couple of pix here

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Gallery/index.php/Leather-Holsters/IWB-In-the-Waistband-Holsters

I have more pix of the black one but at the time I took the pix the seal wasnt cured enough for me to attach the hardware proper. It usually sits about 1/4 off the holster face. You can contact me through email if you would like more info.
alex@boriqualeather.com

Alex