Author Topic: CGW Pro Package for my sp-01 tactical  (Read 2724 times)

Offline ttrashman1

CGW Pro Package for my sp-01 tactical
« on: January 01, 2017, 04:36:48 PM »
I want to tackel this myself. My question is, does it come with everything I need or do I need to get anything else? Meaning, slave pins, all springs, floating trigger pin,tools, etc...
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Springfield Range Officer 9mm
Sig 938

Offline ttrashman1

Re: CGW Pro Package for my sp-01 tactical
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
One more thing, can anyone recommend a good video for install?
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Sig 938

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:26:07 PM »
https://cajungunworks.com/product/inst-dc-dcer-install-kit/
Add this, it helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »
I installed the PRO package in my PO1 a couple of months ago. First of all, watch abyss1232 YouTube video for the same CZ you want to do, many many times and have it up on your computer for reference as you do the package. I found I needed metric roll pin punches (1mm, 2mm, 2.5mm 3mm and 4mm), good ones (Mayhew), and short standard diameter pin punches (Grace USA) also. All came from Amazon. Do not get cheap ones. Get the starter punch set from CGW, it has the slave pin (get an extra one) as well as the OEM hammer strut (you can save a lot of frustration by using it in conjunction with the new hammer and pins) as well as at least 2 extra L springs. When you decide to do the upgrade let me clue you in on what I did on my L spring installation. I found a spool of fine sewing thread and used a piece of it about 6 inches long and put it thru the eye of the spring and knotted the tag end and put the tag end down thru the cage between the lifter arm and pulled the spring into place (but it took me several times to properly orient the spring into the pocket in the lifter) using the thread. It actually opens up the spring slightly to enable you to capture the spring using the extra slave pin as you push it thru the cage. I figure I spent $580 on my P01 and $350 on parts and punches. When you order from  CGW, you might as well get the 10X bushing as well! Add another $60. And I put Dawson F/O sights on it, another $80. GOOD LUCK! If you are married, well I wish you better luck!!!

Offline ttrashman1

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »
Thank you guys for all the good info. can I get just the slave pins because I all ready got the starter punch with my last order.I would love to get the bushing also but the package is at the top of my budget for now. that will have to wait along with some new sites also, but that will be another post.
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Sig 938

Offline doc171

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »
You can get the S-pin for $5.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RandyMan

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 07:45:30 PM »
I just installed this on my SP-01. First time I ever worked on a firearm. Used video on CGW website, also this video
 and a couple of post on forums. Took my time and it wasn't too bad.
Love the gun now!!! Good luck!

Offline rich63

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 08:05:08 PM »
Like doc171 buy  a few extra l-springs. They fly out and are very hard to find. Also the starter punch is a must to remove the trigger pin. Hint: buy an extra oem hammer strut and David will put the hammer on and install the 2 hammer pins free of charge. For the cost of the hammer strut, $10, it's a good piece of mind. abyss1232 does an entire series working on his SP-01 Tact. His videos are very informative and detailed. They helped me immensely. Good luck.

rich63

bluedev84

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 12:12:51 AM »
I want to tackel this myself. My question is, does it come with everything I need or do I need to get anything else? Meaning, slave pins, all springs, floating trigger pin,tools, etc...

I've installed many of these kits......yes, higher end tools are nice but not essential, don't go broke even before you start.  The floating trigger pin is an add on, as is the slave pin and starter punch....the last two are necessary.  A standard set of different size punches will suffice just use some common sense and take your time. It will be worth all your effort in the end, if your at all a tinker-er you can do it. There will be some frustrations, especially on your first one........if you start feeling like a sledge hammer will make things easier, take some breath's and just take a break  :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:40:23 PM by bluedev84 »

Offline cntrydawwwg

CGW Pro Package for my sp-01 tactical
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 02:54:50 AM »
Before you order, call CGW. They'll make sure you have all you need. Great guys to talk with.
   As has been said, I did all mine with a couple standard punches ( and the CGW starter) with zero issues. The trigger pin takes the longest punch. I just used a chunk of metal clothes hanger to finish tapping out.
   If you don't have a bench block, a roll of electrical tape or chunk of 2x4 w/a couple holes drilled in it works great.
   If you tackle the hammer pins yourself, a stout surface, good starter punch, and big hammer work awesome.
   +1000000 on extra L springs
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline ttrashman1

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 05:20:37 AM »
think i will order the extra strut. it would be worth it if David assembles it. Definitly on any extra springs, even if i dont need them now iam sure i will down the road. I will be ordering the package this week and will keep all you fine folks up to date. thanx for all the help
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Sig 938

Offline rich63

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »
ttrashman1,

You have received lots of good advice. Your first attempt might seem overwhelming, and it was for me as well, just like bluedev84 said take a break if you get frustrated. The end result of the trigger pull will be worth all the effort. You will not believe the difference. There are allot of great guys here to help don't be afraid to ask. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not mechanical at all. If I can do it anyone can. Seriously. I  made several costly mistakes along the way while doing mine, but I looked at it as a learning experience. Good luck.

rich63
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:02:34 AM by rich63 »

Offline ttrashman1

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
I have recieved alot of good advice like so many I have seen on this forum. I havent even ordered the package as I will be doing it by the end of the week when I recieve my winnings from fantasy football.In the mean time I will watch the videos and do as much research as I can absorb. I will take my time but iam sure I'll have a bunch of questions that I know will get answered here or a call to CGW. Thanx again for everyones help.
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Sig 938

Offline ttrashman1

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 05:42:26 PM »
another question, that sear cage looks like a bear in the vid. is it really necessary to tear into it for the one part?
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Sig 938

Offline doc171

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 09:44:24 PM »
Yes, take apart the cage you really need to polish the sear as outlined in many posts and YouTube videos as well as install the revised firing pin block lifter. I think the forum members will back me up on this. It was a daunting task to install the PRO kit, but I found I somewhat liked the challenge. Everything ended up working perfect.

anything