Author Topic: Cajun Gun Works 97B "E" Titanium is Home!  (Read 11878 times)

Offline Pilot1

Re: Cajun Gun Works 97B "E" Titanium is Home!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 08:25:44 PM »
That is really beautiful.  One of the nicest 97B's I've seen! 

Offline Captain Jack 805

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »
I took some more pics in outdoor lighting, I think this shows the color a bit better. We have had lousy weather and I still haven't made it to the range yet with this one but I will as soon as I can. At least I get to fondle it every night!

Offline villdetwink

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
Man...That is gorgeous!

Congratulations on your very nice CGW 97B "E" Titanium...and thanks for sharing the photos!
Hope you get in some range time soon.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 01:31:59 PM »
Wow!  That is fantastic.  Let is know how it shoots! 

Offline tessitori

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 01:35:13 AM »
So how does it shoot?

Offline Captain Jack 805

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »
Ok, I got a chance to finally shoot this guy and have to say that I am mighty impressed! I wasn't able to get a bench to put it on paper so I had to limit myself to shooting the steel plates.  I could pretty much hit everything I aimed at unless I started trying for the 75 yard gong then it was pretty tough.

The gun was initially tight but seemed to loosen up a tiny bit over the first 150 rounds.  I shot a variety of Freedom and Winchester ammo and then tried some Perfecta which did not feed well and had consistent FTF problems.  I chalked it up to cheap ammo and the gun breaking in though the FM and Win never gave me any issues.  I do plan on going back out in a couple of weeks to put it on paper and see what kind of groups I can get out of it.

SLOSA: A great range, but too bad its slammed on Saturdays. At least the steel plates were open.  I felt sorry for the Zombies because it was raining lead on them! If the Zombacalypse ever happens a Cajunized CZ is going to be your best friend...head shots from 15 yards all day long!

My Arsenal...I shot the SP-01 the best, but then again, that gun is a dream to shoot.... the 97b was next easiest to shoot even though I'm still getting used to it. The weight soaks up recoil and the sights are really easy to pick up and shoot distant targets.  I definitely like the sights.  The Copperhead is fun too but not as quick with the follow up shots without the added weight that the other 2 have.  The TacSol Buckmark is a laser gun.

Twins! I met my buddy at the range who has this gun's near twin. It is Cerakoted in Tungsten, has different grips and a HiViz front sight but is otherwise identical so it was pretty cool to have another 97BE to compare mine with. His shot just as nicely though I think mine is just a hair smoother! :p

I have the Black Shadow more or less dialed in and it seems like that CGW Bushing really does make it a tight shooter. It felt like I was hitting the plates without any real effort and I am not that good of a shot! :D 
I'll put this one on paper next time as well to see what it can do, but I suspect I'll be impressed.

Overall had a great time even though I couldn't really do an accuracy test.  I think the 97b sights are pretty well dialed and just need a bit of tweeking to be perfect, still the gun is probably more accurate than I'll ever be.

Have a good weekend everyone!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:53:46 PM by Captain Jack 805 »

Offline jedwards213

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »
Captain Jack: Which model LPA sight are you using on this gun?

Thanks!!

Offline Captain Jack 805

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 12:09:25 AM »
On the SP01 and the Copperhead I have the LPA TRT "Shadow Target" Sight
https://cajungunworks.com/product/lpa-trt-fully-adjustable-competition-rear-sight-wcut-220-00/

On the 97B I have the LPA "Novak Cut" Adjustable Sight
https://cajungunworks.com/product/15339-fully-adjustable-rear-sight/

Both require milling your slide but are great sights and worth the money imo. I love CZs but always find the stock sights hard to use for some reason. The FO front with solid black rear makes picking up the sights and aiming at targets so much easier. I am still trying to figure out which one I like more, but since both are fully adjustable, its really more of an aesthetic thing. The Novak came with a metal adjustment wrench that has 3 different sized flat heads which was a nice touch.

Offline jedwards213

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
Nice! Thanks!

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 11:52:54 PM »
Wow
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline Czvlad

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
This thread is totally depressing me. I have enother 4 or so weeks before my CGW 97b is done. I have no idea what made me look at the beautiful pictures you guys posted.   :( .
 I thought I had it under control.  Not any more.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 01:04:47 AM »
That sir,  is a beautiful pistol in both looks and the set-up.
If I wanted a 97,  yours would be the exact model.

Offline Captain Jack 805

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 04:09:45 PM »
Thank you, it is a beautiful gun and worth every penny spent and every day waited. Tuned up CZs are awesome shooters!

Offline 2tango2

Cajun Gun Works 97B "E" Titanium is Home!
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 11:37:14 PM »
This gun looks fantastic!  I'm thinking of having the 1911 bushing conversion done on my 97BD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rsj1231

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
Amazing!