Author Topic: CZ 85B and CZ 85 Combat discontinued  (Read 3667 times)

Offline RedState

Re: CZ 85B and CZ 85 Combat discontinued
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »
Thanks, chimera8. Looks like the trigger reach is way shorter than on the stock trigger. I want one.

Offline chimera8

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 08:43:34 PM »
Thanks, chimera8. Looks like the trigger reach is way shorter than on the stock trigger. I want one.

It's SAO.

Offline ss

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 12:04:48 AM »
I until recently was considering trading my full cajun 85c for a ar. For 1 I'm glad i didn't as the targets at the range tell me to hang on to this thing forever. It's the most accurate hand gun i own aside from the target .22. 2 it would be hard to beat the trigger in these once hooked up with all the goodies. My 1911 comes in at 2.5lb pull and is super clean but still not as light or crisp as the 85c.

The thing that i don't understand is people don't like the 85 because of the ambidextrous controls. When it comes to their 1911s though they pay extra to have them installed if not already equipped.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 06:44:02 AM »
All my Colt 1911's have ambidextrous thumb safeties installed (by me) except the 1917 made Colt 1911 US Army pistol.  It'll have to stay the way it is.

If you're right handed you probably don't give a though to the controls on the right side of the pistol.  However, get your right hand messed up and still have to use that pistol it seems like the CZ 85 would be naturally easier to use than altering your grip to reach the controls on the left side of the pistol with your left thumb/fingers.  But hey, what do I know, I'm right handed.

I seriously intend to get another CZ 75 Compact and convert it to a CZ 85 Compact clone.  I've got the parts, just got delayed when my wife appropriated the original Compact bought last fall.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 12:01:47 PM »
All my Colt 1911's have ambidextrous thumb safeties installed (by me) except the 1917 made Colt 1911 US Army pistol.  It'll have to stay the way it is.

If you're right handed you probably don't give a though to the controls on the right side of the pistol.  However, get your right hand messed up and still have to use that pistol it seems like the CZ 85 would be naturally easier to use than altering your grip to reach the controls on the left side of the pistol with your left thumb/fingers.  But hey, what do I know, I'm right handed.

I seriously intend to get another CZ 75 Compact and convert it to a CZ 85 Compact clone.  I've got the parts, just got delayed when my wife appropriated the original Compact bought last fall.
Well the thing I don't understand is when people say the ambi controls get in the way. Unless you have absolutely monstrous hands, I've never been bothered by them.

Offline wormraper

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 04:19:33 AM »
ugggg, seriously??? Just as I get into CZ's the 85 is discontinued. As a lefty their lack of easy ambi safety installations is frustrating except for the 85... I guess I'll have to make do with the 75 omega convertible for a full size :(

Offline paskeCZ

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 06:44:51 AM »
ugggg, seriously??? Just as I get into CZ's the 85 is discontinued. As a lefty their lack of easy ambi safety installations is frustrating except for the 85... I guess I'll have to make do with the 75 omega convertible for a full size :(
Last post.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=3521.0

Offline wormraper

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 06:51:44 AM »
Last post.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=3521.0

while I would LOVE to pick one up (and thanks for clueing me in), but I just wasted all my money picking up 2 of the 99021 CZ 75 SP-01 Compacts from that limited run last night. $1100 lighter in the wallet means have to wait :(.....

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 08:44:17 PM »
Yeah!  A true 2 for 1!  Congratulations!

... "wasted"?

Offline wormraper

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 09:19:10 PM »

... "wasted"?

well, no money spent on guns can truly be "wasted"

Offline Tok36

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »

... "wasted"?

well, no money spent on guns CZs can truly be "wasted"

^^Correction.  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline wormraper

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »
lol

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
Wormraper,
You do know that the stainless models have ambi safeties too, right?  They are some fine specimens and shooters!  You may even want to put one of your compact slides on its frame for a commqnder or centurion like setup.  I only mention this as I'm sure you didn't totally drain the bank account. O0
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:04:11 AM by Tyerone »

Offline wormraper

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 08:05:47 AM »
Wormraper,
You do know that the stainless models have ambi safeties too, right?  They are some fine specimens and shooters!  You may even want to put one of your compact slides on its frame for a commqnder or centurion like setup.  I only mention this asmI'm sure you didn't totally drain the bank account. O0

oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the stainless ones. I just usually ignored them because they were usually $80-$100 more than they're black brothers and sisters. Not a bad idea. And putting a compact slide on the stainless frame... you can do that??? Are the frames the same size or something? If so........... insert heavy breathing.

but sadly yes, I DID deplete the bank account pretty badly. I jumped on the SP-01 compacts because they were limited editions and for my first CZ's I would be guaranteed to make back my costs, or more, if I didn't like it. Lets just say I haven't told the wife about these acquisitions and won't until I can sell my last Sig sauer gun lol

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 10:19:41 AM »
Search "compact long slide".  I'm having trouble with this tablet copying and pasting the link.