Author Topic: Newbie looking for a little guidance CZ PCR? P30/L?  (Read 628 times)

Offline tln1313

Newbie looking for a little guidance CZ PCR? P30/L?
« on: January 07, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to pick the brains of those of you out there carrying a CZ PCR and possibly a P30/P30L. I'm not new to concealed carry, but in the last few years I've become a fan of AIWB and currently carry a Dan Wesson Guardian in this position. I really want to get one of the aforementioned 9mms and I'm looking for some real life experience. I shoot the PCR and the P30/L well, and I intend to carry the new piece AIWB. I know some of you maybe thinking I should consider the HKP2000, and I may, so opinions on that are welcome. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to shoot P2000. I'm 5'11" about 195 with an athletic build if that helps in comparing with others who carry one of the above selections.

I tried this post in the Newbie forum, and was corrected that it belongs here, so hopefully there's some good reference data out there....

Thanks!

Offline Pilot1

Re: Newbie looking for a little guidance CZ PCR? P30/L?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »
I carry a 75D PCR IWB appendix carry, and sometimes, when clothing (weather) permits OWB at 2:00 - 2:30 in a canted holster. It carries well for me. I am 6 ft, 175.  I have had the PCR for 16 + years now, and it has been totally reliable and very accurate.  You may also want to consider the RAMI as it is a bit smaller if that concerns you.  It is tough to beat a PCR though.   

Offline tln1313

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »
Pilot-Great feedback on both the reliability and the mode of carry. Thanks for the Rami suggestion, but I find that larger guns (within reason) carry better in AIWB than do smaller ones, as they tend to tip forward. What is the holster you use for your AIWB set up? Thank you again.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
Pilot-Great feedback on both the reliability and the mode of carry. Thanks for the Rami suggestion, but I find that larger guns (within reason) carry better in AIWB than do smaller ones, as they tend to tip forward. What is the holster you use for your AIWB set up? Thank you again.

Anytime!  I carry AIWB in a Don Hume H715 holster designed for the Sig P228/P229.  My Galco Shadow II OWB holster is also made for the Sig P228/P229.  If you have a good belt, and holster, smaller guns shouldn't tip forward.  I also carry a Polish P-83 AIWB which is about the size of a RAMI I think.  You will be happy with a PCR.   

Offline tln1313

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »
Great! I'm really leaning to the PCR over the HKs. Although none of them have great triggers out of the box, I did like the PCR better....thanks again.

Online Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 09:41:10 AM »
Yes! The CZs can be Cajunized in many ways depending on how much money you want to spend. Then nothing else will compare to it.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline tln1313

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
Thanks! Anyone else with opinions or guidance on AIWB for the guns in question?

Offline Mr_Happy1

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 12:47:37 AM »
I have all 3 guns. I don't carry aiwb, but I have carried all 3. The P30  series and the PCR are all extremely accurate and reliable. I have about 15,000 rounds through my P30s. I used to shoot them in IDPA extensively. For a carry gun I would go with the PCR. It is much smaller in the grip length, which has always been the hardest part for me to conceal. The capacity difference is a wash. You can also carry 75 mags for backup, tipping the scales for the PCR. The p30series is more of a full size gun designed for duty use. Ultimately it will be determined by which you subjectively prefer. There is honestly nothing bad for me to say about any of those guns. Good luck, you can't go wrong.

Offline tln1313

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »
Thanks for the reply and for sharing your experiences. I still haven't made a decision yet. What I suspect will happen is that I will buy both an HKP30L and the PCR. :-).

Offline joel0019

Newbie looking for a little guidance CZ PCR? P30/L?
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »
Hard choices both great guns so buy both
for me p30 feels better but the pcr with vz grips i could never decide but if i had to pick i say hk because I prefer  the paddle mag release

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:49:06 AM by joel0019 »

Offline sigken

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »
I think the PCR would be easier to carry than the P30. I also looked at the P30SK but it was a bit too chunky for me although it shoots great and have 10 round capacity.

I really wish that CZ made a "compact" version of the PCR with a little shorter grip at around 4.5-4.6" with 12 round capacity. That would be perfect, for me! :)

Online Firemanjones

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
The Rami is good for that purpose.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

anything