Author Topic: The Hudson H9 Revealed...  (Read 3447 times)

Offline villdetwink

The Hudson H9 Revealed...
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »
The Hudson H9 Revealed...

Inspired
By the Future

We live in a rapidly evolving world, yet pistols have remained relatively unchanged for the better half of a century. At Hudson we see opportunity in the future, an opportunity to rethink and improve upon the process of building a pistol. Every detail and every feature of the Hudson H9 is purposefully leading to a pistol that is practical in its delivery yet advanced by its design.

http://hudsonmfg.com/product/

I must admit I am eager to get my hands on one...will wait until it has been put through the paces and gets some real world feedback, but it looks to be pretty sweet!

What say you CZ Enthusiasts?

Offline dmossman

Re: The Hudson H9 Revealed...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »
Reads like the ad for the new P10C! Think I'll stick with my brand! All ready have one ordered!  ;D

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 04:23:19 PM »
Very interesting offering combines a lot into one package:
-All metal frame 34oz gun
-Glock/XDM-like safety trigger mechanism
-1911 trigger bow with a striker instead of hammer
-lots of nose weight up front (ala SP-01 or Tanfo Stock 3)
-appears to have full length rails for the slide to ride in
-configurable to have thumb safeties, if desired
-interchangeable grips, comes standard with VZ's
-machining appears very well done (CNC instead of cast frames like CZ, reminds me of Sphinx, which explains the cost)

Business case is a little tough in this market segment (Sphinx or CZ custom price range), so hopefully they have their marketing team fine tuned with their operations/factory team to drive demand well ahead of supply and keep in the black.  I think they've got something - like the CZ P10 - the design has taken a number of good things from a handful of others pistols and combined them into something worthwhile. 

Hudson H9 team needs some marketing/strategy folks to help them capitalize on their design investment.  There is a huge potential to improve its introduction and better define their target market. 

-Is this a carry gun at 34oz?  Why not a single stack 9mm at 16-20oz (Sig P938)?  Currently size-wise this is in between traditional full size and compact.
-A competition gun with a 4.28 inch barrel?  Is there a full-er size coming soon?  Compare weight distro and recoil measurements to CZ SP-01 and Tanfo Stock 2/3?  Plans for aftermarket support?
-Was this intended as a competitor for the DoD's new handgun?  Expectations for reliability?

So far it appears to be a hybrid to showcase design that doesn't help me answer who they are trying to sell to.  Maybe they plan to run like a semi-custom 1911 shop (Les Baer, Wilson) and keep a low inventory with a dozen or so dealers and allow themselves a lot of model variations?

Just my initial thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:03:47 PM by IronicTwitch »

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:41:10 PM »
I like the lines and the look. Much better looking than some of the other new guns. I may have to try one.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:13:31 PM »
Definetly never seen anything like this. Would like to see this in a video.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline villdetwink

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:23:37 PM »
@IronicTwitch

Those are some great questions/thoughts... Sorry I cannot answer them.
They have had a serious "hype" campaign going for the past few months...

Hopefully we will get some clarification at Shot Show '17.

Offline inthevalley

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »
Personally I am really excited for this new option!

I love the lower parts count and ease of gunsmithing on striker fired guns but have not found a single one I actually enjoy shooting and would feel 100% safe carrying. For me the trigger weight which is ideal for target shooting is necessarily unsafe for carry. I've gone through them all....
XD? Feels like a toy, awful trigger.
Heavily tuned Glock? Still don't like the trigger, feels soulless
M&P? Getting closer with nice ergos and a manual safety, but trigger is garbage
Sig P320? Nice trigger, nice ergos, but no manual safety.
Walther? Impressive trigger, can't get past the awful aesthetics and lack of aftermarket
CZ P10? Looks like an awesome performer, but wouldn't feel safe carrying

This seems to hit all my buttons:
-metal frame
-not too heavy for carry, not too light for competition
-manual safety
-low bore axis
-SAO feel to trigger

Crossing my fingers that the price is right and this doesn't turn out to be a dud. Would be amazing if it takes standard 1911 grip panels.

/rant

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 11:06:29 PM »
What everyone said above.
What is it "designed" to do besides go bang at the range.
Aftermarket support and available  options other than mentioned?
Price range????  :o 

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 11:38:22 PM »
I've heard an MSRP of $1200. I'm actually intrigued - it's something I've been after for years: ergos, and more importantly, trigger of a 1911 in a high(er) capacity frame. It's actually the most substantially new and different firearm design I've seen since the Chiappa Rhino. Until we've got ion blasters and phased energy weapons, there's only some much you can do with chemically powered slug throwers.

I hope it takes off. But, I'm still happily waiting on P10C #2 from my LGS. And, if that doesn't blow my skirt up, I'll be more than happy with my current CZs and 1911s.

Offline Danjoe

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 05:13:29 AM »
At this point, I don't see what it offers, besides novelty, for $1200.

Offline aguila9

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »
Looks like the took away the grip safety and added the trigger thigamajig safety. I guess if you are a striker fan and have some disposable income it's a win for you. Otherwise I can't  see what the hoopla is about. Then again who is satisfied with one gun. I'm not lol.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:48 AM »
     The front seems to be similar in concept to the FK BRNO. Dropping the guide rod appears to put the recoil impulse lower (and into the hand) and really create a more controllable recoil. That is what I am most curious about.
      I was surprised by the sizes... Compact grip with medium length slide and barrel? Pretty steep price, but they are trying new things, so I hope the QC is good and they don't flop.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Chow89

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »
Very interesting offering combines a lot into one package:
-All metal frame 34oz gun
-Glock/XDM-like safety trigger mechanism
-1911 trigger bow with a striker instead of hammer
-lots of nose weight up front (ala SP-01 or Tanfo Stock 3)
-appears to have full length rails for the slide to ride in
-configurable to have thumb safeties, if desired
-interchangeable grips, comes standard with VZ's
-machining appears very well done (CNC instead of cast frames like CZ, reminds me of Sphinx, which explains the cost)

Business case is a little tough in this market segment (Sphinx or CZ custom price range), so hopefully they have their marketing team fine tuned with their operations/factory team to drive demand well ahead of supply and keep in the black.  I think they've got something - like the CZ P10 - the design has taken a number of good things from a handful of others pistols and combined them into something worthwhile. 

Hudson H9 team needs some marketing/strategy folks to help them capitalize on their design investment.  There is a huge potential to improve its introduction and better define their target market. 

-Is this a carry gun at 34oz?  Why not a single stack 9mm at 16-20oz (Sig P938)?  Currently size-wise this is in between traditional full size and compact.
-A competition gun with a 4.28 inch barrel?  Is there a full-er size coming soon?  Compare weight distro and recoil measurements to CZ SP-01 and Tanfo Stock 2/3?  Plans for aftermarket support?
-Was this intended as a competitor for the DoD's new handgun?  Expectations for reliability?

So far it appears to be a hybrid to showcase design that doesn't help me answer who they are trying to sell to.  Maybe they plan to run like a semi-custom 1911 shop (Les Baer, Wilson) and keep a low inventory with a dozen or so dealers and allow themselves a lot of model variations?

Just my initial thoughts.

I'm with Ironic, cool design but it's a full size handgun and not really optimized for anything. Too big to carry, not purpose built for competition. Price is a little steep though. Also interested to see the magazine price.

If they make a 5" bull barreled one with adjustable LPA style sights, I'd be all over it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:27:11 AM by Chow89 »

Offline inthevalley

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »
With respect to carrying, the size looks perfect to me personally. I EDC a a p07 which has the same height as this gun but is 1/2" shorter, assuming their specs are accurate. Barrel length is never an issue concealing for me and I would actually prefer the 4.25" barrel/slide.

I will say the weight is a bit higher than I would like, at 5-6oz over a comparable P01. However, the extra weight combined with the low bore axis could make for a very flat shooting pistol. I would love to have one gun for competition and carry.

Offline aguila9

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »
The more I look at it the more I want it! The lines are definitely interesting. I'm going to have to sell some of my extras.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk