Author Topic: Pro Tek II IDPA CCP Legal?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline cgoodwin

Pro Tek II IDPA CCP Legal?
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:36:35 AM »
I feel like the answer is no. Does anyone know if the Pro Tek II is IDPA legal? Probably not enough units and it is a shop custom gun, correct?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:58:53 AM by cgoodwin »

Offline Canuck44

Re: Pro Tek II IDPA CCP Legal?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:34:52 AM »
Well from what I can see it should be good to go in ESP Division and if it's width is 1 3/8th" or less it should be good to go in CCP Division.

You can access the 2017 RB Ver 2 at www.idpa.com.

It makes weight, height and length and should make width for CCP Division where it would do quite well.  I don't see it playing in SSP due to Production requirements.

Take Care

Bob

Je Suis Charlie

Offline cgoodwin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:43:47 PM »
Thanks for the insight! I had forgotten that CCP was based off of ESP standards instead of SSP. Makes my decision to upgrade from my stock P-01 to a Pro Tek II feel that much better.

Offline Shadow2

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 01:14:52 AM »
I just asked about this in another thread, have to keep an eye on this thread also.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:41:18 PM »
Shadow 2,

The Pro-Tek 1 is based on a PCR, and the external milling is allowed.  The deburring/dehorning is the IDPA-allowed carry melt, the flat top octagon slide is (I believe) the tri-top.  And the forward slide relief is the allowed "high power" cut.

The Pro-Tek 2 is based on the P-01, and while the flat top octagon cuts and dehorning are allowed, that forward slide relief cut is not a high power cut, and would thus be disallowed.

This is a tiny illegal modification, and it's silly that it dsiallows the pistol, but that is what the rules say.  You would most likely get away with it at local matches if you chose to ignore the rules, but that's on you, and I would generally recommend against it.  No one is going to be happy if you get an SO who knows CZ pistols and has to call you out for it.  ;/

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »

The Pro-Tek 2 is based on the P-01, and while the flat top octagon cuts and dehorning are allowed, that forward slide relief cut is not a high power cut, and would thus be disallowed.

Can you please
Je Suis Charlie

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »

Can you please

Possibly?    ;)

Offline Shadow2

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 11:30:46 PM »
Thank you sir, ProTek 1 may become my IPDA gun.

Shadow 2,

The Pro-Tek 1 is based on a PCR, and the external milling is allowed.  The deburring/dehorning is the IDPA-allowed carry melt, the flat top octagon slide is (I believe) the tri-top.  And the forward slide relief is the allowed "high power" cut.

This is a tiny illegal modification, and it's silly that it dsiallows the pistol, but that is what the rules say.  You would most likely get away with it at local matches if you chose to ignore the rules, but that's on you, and I would generally recommend against it.  No one is going to be happy if you get an SO who knows CZ pistols and has to call you out for it.  ;/