Author Topic: Looking at buying a CZ SP-01 Shadow Target need some advice  (Read 1826 times)

Offline rennocneb

Looking at buying a CZ SP-01 Shadow Target need some advice
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:15:28 AM »
I am looking at a used Shadow Target the orginal not a shadow 2 its around 4 years old. I know it was used as a competition gun. First question whats a fair used price for one? Secondly what should i look for be concerned about with it? How can i tell a shadow target from a standard shaddow? the grips on it look different than the ones i see for the shadow target.

Offline Sikiguya

Re: Looking at buying a CZ SP-01 Shadow Target need some advice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
I paid for a little over $1000 for mine a couple of years ago.  The slide stop have a tendency to break.  Get a spare.  Target has the milled dovetail adjustable rear sigjt.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline rennocneb

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
the slide stop breaking doesnt cause some sort of major damage or resilt in a slide slapping me in the face right lol. Issue im having it appears the slide stops are out of stock many places. Looking for a competition gun to start playing around in that area, but they want 1200 for it used they claim a low round count then say it was a comp gun so um that makes little to no sense. Also been looking at some of the Sig offerrings if their P320 target would ever show up lol.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:34:30 PM »
If you can get the serial number, I can check if it came through the shop.

Offline rennocneb

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »
is it ok to post the serial number in the thread?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
is it ok to post the serial number in the thread?

send it me via PM or email it to me

Offline rennocneb

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
PM Sent

Offline Sikiguya

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
Mine actually broke. But CZ Custom just asked for serial number and a pic of the part.  They sent me a new one.  My understanding is that CZ is like H&K in that parts and guns are imported in batches.  So, when they are available,  get it.  When they are not, prices go up and supplies are down.  This is frankly one of my favorite pistol.  It shoots so nice and are more accurate than I ever will be. This puts a smile on my face each time I take it to the range.  Look at the accushadows....I have that as well.

Offline rennocneb

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 07:10:50 PM »
what broke on it? i guess this is another question i will probably shoot the gun a good amount. What routine maintence do these need? ive heard slide stops? springs? barrel life?

Offline Sikiguya

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:59 AM »
The slide stop...I should have clarified.  Everything else has been fine.  I had the flat sao trigger installed on it. Call Cz custom...they can answer all your questions.

Offline Beak Boater

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 05:56:05 PM »
I paid for a little over $1000 for mine a couple of years ago.  The slide stop have a tendency to break.  Get a spare.  Target has the milled dovetail adjustable rear sigjt.

I just paid $1095 for a SP-01 Shadow Custom Target that was used, on Gunbroker. Came with 2 mags. They are kind of like the new ones, lucky if you find one, and then don't wait too long to make a move or it will be gone.
Oh....love the gun by the way.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.