Author Topic: Mag release install on CZ 75 SA  (Read 1955 times)

Offline fastlane604

Mag release install on CZ 75 SA
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »
When I switched to an extended mag release on my SP-01 DA/SA I backed out the staked screw that retains the mag release spring and trigger bar spring. I removed the springs and switched out the mag releases. Since I performed this operation with the hammer down, the trigger and trigger bar were far enough forward that I could back out the screw without removing the trigger or trigger bar.  With my 75 SA the trigger, being single action only, is located farther to the rear and the front of the trigger bar obstructs my access to the screw.  Unless I am missing something, to remove the screw to make the same mag release switch on my SA, I must remove the trigger and trigger bar, correct?

Offline Tok36

Re: Mag release install on CZ 75 SA
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »
I do not believe that you are missing anything but i do not have an SAO handy to test so i cannot be 100%. Making sure that the Pre-travle set screw in the top of the trigger (accessible for adjustment from inside the frame) is backed out all the way will allow for the maximum forward trigger bar movement. This still may not allow for clear access to the mag catch spring screw but it is worth checking.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:20:05 PM »
Thanks, Tok. I will take a look.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 12:13:21 AM »
I do not believe that you are missing anything but i do not have an SAO handy to test so i cannot be 100%. Making sure that the Pre-travle set screw in the top of the trigger (accessible for adjustment from inside the frame) is backed out all the way will allow for the maximum forward trigger bar movement. This still may not allow for clear access to the mag catch spring screw but it is worth checking.

Tok, it was a good suggestion. However, I was not able to back off the pre-travel screw enough to allow the front of the trigger bar to move forward enough to back out the staked screw holding the mag release spring and trigger bar return screw. I think I have exhausted my possibilities for replacing the mag release without removing the trigger and trigger bar. And that was my original question. So thanks, again.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 02:07:14 AM »
Gladly, thank you for the follow up fastlane.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:32:26 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 02:32:53 AM »
SAO doesn't have a disconnector. So while you may have to remover your trigger and trigger bar, that is all you have to remove. Just drove out the trigger pin and you can remove the trigger and trigger bar, without having to remove the sear cage and what not. Then you can change out your mag release. Does that make sense?
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
SAO doesn't have a disconnector. So while you may have to remover your trigger and trigger bar, that is all you have to remove. Just drove out the trigger pin and you can remove the trigger and trigger bar, without having to remove the sear cage and what not. Then you can change out your mag release. Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense.  As long as I can pull the trigger bar from beneath the sear cage, without the sear cage obstructing the removal,  the sear cage won't need to come out.  However, I have removed sear cages a few times so if it has to come out I can do it.  It usually requires a few expletives to get it back together, but eventually everything fits.  My extended mag release should arrive at the end of the week, so I will report back when I complete the switch.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 11:33:41 PM »

You are correct, sir. Trigger bar slides easily from beneath the sear cage after trigger pin is removed.  One mag release swap is complete. Thanks for the insight.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:59 PM »

You are correct, sir. Trigger bar slides easily from beneath the sear cage after trigger pin is removed.  One mag release swap is complete. Thanks for the insight.
No problem, glad I could help!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."