Author Topic: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act 2017.  (Read 1077 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act 2017.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:25 PM »
The last thing we need is Fed.gov involved in CCW - in any shape or form

Amen brother.
A backdoor approach with a lure .

Offline K3JB

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 04:28:42 PM »
It is going to be interesting to see if the new President stands behind what he said and how much pressure the NRA places on the House and Congress. It is a "stay tuned" situation. North Carolina Republican Rep. Richard Hudson is the individual who is proposing the new bill.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline CZ Aficionado

• CZ...does anything else really matter....
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 12:22:33 AM »
Awesome points all.........unfortunately, this system is so "broken" I think its kind of beyond repair.  Don't get me wrong, I'll do what I can to get it right again but realistically the second amendment has been sliced and diced so much there isn't any "resetting" it  :(   Everyone reading or posting to this section of the forum gets my undying appreciation for your beliefs and efforts in creating and keeping alive the awareness.  It only takes an act by 1 person in 320 million people to give the naysayers all the TV time they want, to scare enough "sheep" into believing guns are the problem and kill people........and the cycle repeats endlessly, with no end in sight.........holding on to what rights remain is where the real fight is.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:40:37 AM by CZ Aficionado »
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 06:06:19 PM »
I could see a RealID style approach - you want to carry cross border with your CCW permit, it has to meet federal standards, where the restrictions on those of us from free states would be onerous. If you don't want to carry out of your home state, then you use what your state issues, or, like Free AZ, no permit at all.
I could see that offered as a compromise for now. I personally also believe it should be Constitutional Carry in all 50 states, but the leftists in the blue states wet themselves at the mere thought.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Rebel Scum
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »
Remember (as people are now finding out  ;) ), what the Government gives, the Government can also take.

Federally mandated (read: controlled) CCW is a bad idea.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 12:40:05 AM »
Remember (as people are now finding out  ;) ), what the Government gives, the Government can also take.

Federally mandated (read: controlled) CCW is a bad idea.
   Agree 100%. Well said.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 04:47:55 AM »
^^^^I agree. While I don't think we should have to get permits (permission) to exercise our rights I do think we'd be far better off working within each state to change laws and increase reciprocity VS looking to the feds to fix it for us. What have they ever fixed for us? Ever?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »
^^^^I agree. While I don't think we should have to get permits (permission) to exercise our rights I do think we'd be far better off working within each state to change laws and increase reciprocity VS looking to the feds to fix it for us. What have they ever fixed for us? Ever?

Couple of world wars come to mind, but that was a different time. ;)
I think that just using full faith and credit would work, but I am no legal expert by any means.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 06:15:13 AM »

Couple of world wars come to mind, but that was a different time. ;)
I think that just using full faith and credit would work, but I am no legal expert by any means.

I give full faith and credit to those brave souls who fought and brought home the victory in those world wars but the politicians who put them in harms way to begin with not so much.
My point is the feds don't seem to truly have the backs of "We the people". The evidence supporting that is pretty clear and can be seen daily. Maybe the new Administration will be better once they root out some of the rif raf.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »

My point is the feds don't seem to truly have the backs of "We the people". The evidence supporting that is pretty clear and can be seen daily. Maybe the new Administration will be better once they root out some of the rif raf.
From your lips to the Good Lord's ears!

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Rebel Scum
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »

All well and good, but what about when the Congress goes back to the Communists...er...Democrats (as it certainly will at some point), how happy will you be then with the Feds sticking their nose into CCW?

It's all fun and games until a Liberal gets their hands into it.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline CZ Aficionado

• CZ...does anything else really matter....
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 11:20:19 PM »

All well and good, but what about when the Congress goes back to the Communists...er...Democrats (as it certainly will at some point), how happy will you be then with the Feds sticking their nose into CCW?

It's all fun and games until a Liberal gets their hands into it.

The ebb and flow of politics is nauseating.......turns perfectly honest folks into unwitting criminals.......at last tally there were over 16 million laws on the books in the US....most with "precedence" to modify their meaning/intent...........mind boggling ???
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

anything