Author Topic: I would like to see the Hearing Protection Act enacted  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Firearms Depot

Re: I would like to see the Hearing Protection Act enacted
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
How about you? Suppressors over the counter? I'm all for it.
The Federal legislative process has started, but it will be 1-2 years to see it thru. Slow process.....

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »
The good news, as most of you know, is that the HPA has now been subsumed into the new SHARE act that covers a bunch of other related thing (most of which I don’t cer about) that has now passed out of committee (which was farther than the HPA got.  Looks to have a good chance of passing unless the Republicans drop the the ball again, which seems to be what they are best at.

The only negative I see is that the one part of the HPA that didn’t make it in to the SHARE act is the provision for refunding all of the stamp money to people who purchased suppressors since the HPA was first introduced in 2015.  Having amassed a non-trivial stamp collection in that period, I’m a bit bummed although suppressors are like guns in that you could always use “just one more”.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline sneefy

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »
The only negative I see is that the one part of the HPA that didn’t make it in to the SHARE act is the provision for refunding all of the stamp money to people who purchased suppressors since the HPA was first introduced in 2015.

Like that was ever going to happen. The Federal Govt. returning the people's money? Something about a snowball's chance somewhere very warm...

anything