Author Topic: Holster recommendation: SP-01 compact with weapon-light  (Read 412 times)

Offline JoeLiberty

Holster recommendation: SP-01 compact with weapon-light
« on: January 12, 2017, 01:44:52 PM »
Bout to buy one of those steel-framed, railed compacts. Seems like most P-01 holsters will fit, but...
I'm planning on using an extended safety lever, and it will have a weaponlight, probably an Inforce APL.
Looking to carry IWB @ 3:00 (around 20deg cant). Would prefer two clips. Something like a comptac CTAC would be good.

Anyone seen one like this?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:36:58 AM by JoeLiberty »

Offline jonesturf

Re: Holster recommendation: P-01 with weapon-light
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
Take a look at alexandryandesign.com. They have some solid holsters. Buddy of mine just got a similar setup for a glock 19 with light and RMR. Very nice plus I know they have the CZ's sized already.

Offline JoeLiberty

Re: Holster recommendation: P-01 with weapon-light
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:20:58 PM »
Dang, I looked briefly at their website but only saw the appendix with wml version. Didn't catch that you could add a light to some of the other designs.

Ended up at JM Custom kydex. I've heard good things about them before, they had what I need, and I even spoke with Tony who helped me decide on the IWB 3. I really like all the options they had.

Offline JoeLiberty

Re: Holster recommendation: SP-01 compact with weapon-light
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
Ok, I'm changing this thread up... Instead of asking for a recommendation, I'm now giving one. JM Custom Kydex.
This is their IWB3 design.I called them up and Tony (the owner) answered the phone, answered questions about their designs and based on our discussion, recommended I try the IWB3 (where originally I was looking at IWB 2 or 4). He seemed to know what he was talking about so I said OK. I really like it.

It's the minimum amount of material. The soft loops are great (my first time not opting for clips). They are harder to put on, but they hold in place (laterally, vertically,and rotational-ly), and they will not come off by accident. The shape and design work well, and the rounded and polished finish on the edges of the material is a very nice touch (literally). The gun conceals well, and stays where I put it. The ride height is just right for me. No problem getting a full grip and there are no loops or clips to get in the way of where my fingers go. Rubber O-rings on the hardware, which is nice. I could not ask for more. Comfort? Well it's a hard plastic shell wrapped around 2.5lbs of steel so about as comfortable as that can be. There's no sharp pokeys, so its fine.

Notice how I molded the high guard around my extended safety. If you didn't know, kydex is a thermoplastic, and you can get it soft and pliable with a hair dryer (in small areas anyway). You can see the dent I made in the second pic. This keeps the safety in the on position while the gun is in my pants. In fact, I found I can insert the pistol with safety off and it will move the safety into the on position for me (not recommended, just kinda cool). I asked for the high guard specifically so that I could do this. It took a couple tries to get it right but it's prefect now. It would be harder to do with the very slim safety the gun came with. This is the LHS safety from the TS pistols.

Here's the specs if you want one:
Pistol: CZ P-01
Belt Loops: 1.5" Pull-the-Dot
Cant: 20 Degrees
Carry Side: Right
Color: Black
Guard: Full
Hole Pattern: Wide (only works with “Pull-the-Dot” loops)
Lights: Inforce APL Gen 1/2
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:47:29 PM by JoeLiberty »