Author Topic: Arizona trooper saved by armed citizen.  (Read 846 times)

Online cntrydawwwg

Arizona trooper saved by armed citizen.
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:50:59 PM »
Hadn't seen this posted yet.
      An AZ trooper was ambushed and shot. Thanks to this citizen coming to his aid, he is in stable condition, and the perp is deceased.
    I hope the trooper pulls thru and makes a full recovery.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ambushed-arizona-trooper-saved-passing-motorist-who-shot-attacker-dead-n706381
     Had the motorist not been armed, this probably would have turned out a lot worse. Kudos to the citizen for doing the right thing. I believe that I would do the same if in his place.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:58:08 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: Arizona trooper saved by armed citizen.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:26:49 PM »
Here is the scary part; the honest citizen and his wife were traveling to CA and when they get to the CA border he needs to unload the gun, put the unloaded gun in a locked container, place the container in a location he can not have ready access to, and place the mags (10rnd limit) and ammunition in a different location. If he doesn't he risks becoming a Criminal!  Hope the next distressed CA Officer doesn't need any quick help.

That procedure may be a little outdated. They are so busy in CA passing laws that real criminals don't follow its hard for an honest person to keep up with them all. Their laws are so nutty I would need a very compelling reason before I drew a gun in the defense of someone else in CA.

CZ Fanbot since 1996

Online cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
Here is the scary part; the honest citizen and his wife were traveling to CA and when they get to the CA border he needs to unload the gun, put the unloaded gun in a locked container, place the container in a location he can not have ready access to, and place the mags (10rnd limit) and ammunition in a different location. If he doesn't he risks becoming a Criminal!  Hope the next distressed CA Officer doesn't need any quick help.

That procedure may be a little outdated. They are so busy in CA passing laws that real criminals don't follow its hard for an honest person to keep up with them all. Their laws are so nutty I would need a very compelling reason before I drew a gun in the defense of someone else in CA.
    In the article it said he went back to retrieve his firearm. After reading your post, now I'm guessing that maybe he already had it stowed CA style for the trip. Scary.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline boosted23

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 07:37:50 AM »
I heard on talk radio that they are deciding if he should be brought up on charges or not. He was on the arizona side! Man save a law enforcement officer and they are thinking about bringing him up on charges... ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline jim.c

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
I heard on talk radio that they are deciding if he should be brought up on charges or not. He was on the arizona side! Man save a law enforcement officer and they are thinking about bringing him up on charges... ridiculous

I don't know if you live in AZ or not. I do and I watch the news and listen to talk radio everyday and I haven't heard anything like that.  Not saying it couldn't be true but so far I've heard nothing like that.

Offline boosted23

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 09:23:39 PM »

I don't know if you live in AZ or not. I do and I watch the news and listen to talk radio everyday and I haven't heard anything like that.  Not saying it couldn't be true but so far I've heard nothing like that.
i do live in arizona and i heard this on the mac and gados show on 92.3 fm. while i was in a car for work

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »
Heard them on day one talking about this. They were clueless as usual and discussing the topic with even less information than normal. They always remind me of the quote;

Being right isn't nearly as important as knowing when to shut up.

They don't seem to grasp either concept and I can only listen to them for about 6 minutes before I'm disgusted with their jabber.

CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline jim.c

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 11:15:04 PM »
Heard them on day one talking about this. They were clueless as usual and discussing the topic with even less information than normal. They always remind me of the quote;

Being right isn't nearly as important as knowing when to shut up.

They don't seem to grasp either concept and I can only listen to them for about 6 minutes before I'm disgusted with their jabber.

+1

Online Grendel

• Administrator
  • Rebel Scum
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 11:20:58 PM »
I'd like to see a source cited where there is any discussion by credible officials that charges are being considered against this citizen. Until then, let's keep the discussion to the facts, rather than speculation.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline boosted23

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 12:34:08 AM »
So because i was posting what i heard on the radio isnt factual to yall, i shoud then shut up? got it, good day.

Offline softailron

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 12:34:39 AM »
I read an article that said the commanding officer of the Arizona state police made a statement publicly thanking this citizen for his actions.  I doubt very much if any Arizona prosecutor would even consider filing charges in light of that, if what I read is credible.  Can you imagine the field day a defense attorney would have with the state police commander as a witness on his clients behalf?  I am not from that part of the country and so I generally have to hope that local news reports are valid; the more removed you are the more chance there is that interpretations have been reported as facts.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Online Grendel

• Administrator
  • Rebel Scum
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »
So because i was posting what i heard on the radio isnt factual to yall, i shoud then shut up? got it, good day.

Nope, nothing wrong with mentioning the fools, but not much point in discussing the possibility of charges until something credible arises to back their ignorant blather up is there?

Do you see the difference?
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline jertex

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »

Nope, nothing wrong with mentioning the fools, but not much point in discussing the possibility of charges until something credible arises to back their ignorant blather up is there?

Do you see the difference?
I respectfully disagree, when outlandish discussions by "personalities" make it seem that what appears to be lawful use of a firearm would cause an armed citizen to be prosecuted, it is valuable to point out the fallacious aspects of the discussion so that folks continue to be informed of their rights and so that others will learn to recognize fallacious arguments as they occur. Just my 2 pesos. No one was being disrespectful or rude so I don't see any problem with it.
CZCustom PCR Pro-Tek I, CZCustom S-120, many other handguns & long guns

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »
Phoenix has been liberal for years, due to the huge numbers of both Calirefugees and Chicagoan expats, so the Left seems very visible. They do get the drivel on the air once in a while, but as mentioned, I did see the public statement from the Colonel expressing his gratitude to the armed citizen for saving his troopers' life.
As for discussing what radio talk show hosts say, sure, but as always actual official actions are more important than the talking heads

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 05:06:25 AM »
The good Samaritan came forward and it is remarkable how much the media got right about the early story, how many assumptions people were talking about were wrong. I read a few articles but this has most of the details.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/hero-in-tonopah-area-shooting-that-saved-state-troopers-life-had-gun-rights-restored-in-2003-9018654

Key points,
He wasn't traveling to or from California. So his gun wasn't locked up to comply with their laws. Carries his handgun in a center console.

No military or tactical training. Just a 43 year old guy that likes to shoot.

Shot the guy twice then went to help the officer. When the assailant got back up and came at him again he shot a third time.

He had a nonviolent felony conviction in 2000 and petioned the courts to get his fights restored in 2003.

Just an FYI I read about 5 articles on this so not all of my observations are from the 1 article sited.

CZ Fanbot since 1996