Author Topic: Your Opinion Wanted About Video Tutorials  (Read 6103 times)

Offline SteveLC

Re: Your Opinion Wanted About Video Tutorials
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 07:41:09 AM »
Thank you for doing this.  I look forward to watching and learning!   8)

Offline lcpl0311

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
Playlist works best for me! :P

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »
       This weekend I'll be trying to finish up editing videos and adding them. I put the ones I have done so far into a playlist on youtube. I'm not sure of the best way to name these... I made them with my SP-01 Compact, which is a manual safety just like the SP-01 pistols. The main difference between them and CZ 75 B pistols is the right hand side safety and detent (as far as disassembly goes at least). Am I missing anything on that front?
       I think I need to to a "how to use these videos" to explain that the SP-01 videos can be used for the manual safety CZ 75 B pistols, with that one main difference. What do you all think? I have assembly videos and explanation videos on how things work and upgrades, so keep in mind this is just a portion of all the videos. Once I get everything edited and uploaded, and I hear any additional feedback, I will change the playlist to public.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXTbIrAR76i20MrrKs45HbEgP3dwnE0MK
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Joe L

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »
SP--I think you have done an excellent job!  These are great.  I like the playlist arrangement just the way it is.

I watched the sear cage clip and see that you do the lifter bar spring same as me.  I may have beveled the sear pin on one end to make it easier to get the spring in final position before pushing the pin to the right all the way. 

I think there are two things you might give some consideration to.  The first is to use a frame stand or small table top vise when you can.  The other is just a camera limitation I think.  It is hard to get close with a GoPro.  Even with that limitation, you have done a good job--I still understood how you put the sear cage back together.  Your audio and narration is good, too.  That is where I have to improve mine.   I also liked that you sped up the video during the slow screw/unscrew of the grip panels.  Good use of speed up.

Your pistol is too clean.  Your hands are too clean.  Your tools are too organized.  Your workspace is too quiet and clean.  You never curse or throw anything.  Kinda boring...but very useful! 
 :) :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:11:05 AM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 09:57:54 AM »

SP--I think you have done an excellent job!  These are great.  I like the playlist arrangement just the way it is.

I watched the sear cage clip and see that you do the lifter bar spring same as me.  I may have beveled the sear pin on one end to make it easier to get the spring in final position before pushing the pin to the right all the way. 

I think there are two things you might give some consideration to.  The first is to use a frame stand or small table top vise when you can.  The other is just a camera limitation I think.  It is hard to get close with a GoPro.  Even with that limitation, you have done a good job--I still understood how you put the sear cage back together.  Your audio and narration is good, too.  That is where I have to improve mine.   I also liked that you sped up the video during the slow screw/unscrew of the grip panels.  Good use of speed up.

Your pistol is too clean.  Your hands are too clean.  Your tools are too organized.  Your workspace is too quiet and clean.  You never curse or throw anything.  Kinda boring...but very useful! 
 :) :)

Yeah.... The Gopro definitely caused limitations. It really didn't do well focusing on close up stuff. I couldn't find anyone I know with a good old normal video camera. I'm glad these still are good enough to be useful.
     I have a side mounting smaller table top vice but it can't fit on my new bench. I need a new one now. Great recommendations for the videos.
    Well.... There are several videos where you can hear my 3 year old and 4 month old girls playing and hollering on the other end of the apartment. I could do some bloopers and add in some parts I cut out and voice in the cursing.  Before I thought of using the toothpick on the lifter arm spring I was getting pissed. The sticky OEM grease was making it super difficult to get that little thing in place and back together.
      Joking aside, thanks Joe! I'll keep trying to find a better camera for future videos.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline baldrage

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
       This weekend I'll be trying to finish up editing videos and adding them. I put the ones I have done so far into a playlist on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXTbIrAR76i20MrrKs45HbEgP3dwnE0MK

Great job!  Thanks for doing these! 

And I love that these videos are listed under the "Pets and Animals" category!  ;D

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »

Great job!  Thanks for doing these! 

And I love that these videos are listed under the "Pets and Animals" category!  ;D

Wahahaha and that is why I posted it here for people to review and give feedback! Just going to help someone move into the neighborhood, once I get back I'll fix that. Thanks, hope these will help people out.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »
It would be extremely refreshing to see a video on CZ gunsmithing where the maker had a vise and the proper tools rather that seeing someone trying to change sights by beating the hell out of the slide across a 2X4 who does not know the name of the part he is removing while sucking snot, clearing his throat, saying um or ahhh every 5 seconds and using an ink pen as a punch.
You have to wonder if these guys watch their own videos at times. I am sure you can do a good one from the ones you have already made and if ever there needs to be some good ones put up, the CZ crowd could use one. I have enjoyed the ones Tdogg and Joe L made and would rank them higher than any of the hacks I have seen so far. There is never too much good information to help people out when they want to DIY. I look forward to anything you produce as I know they will be better than what most people are forced to watch now.  I would vote for segmenting so you could watch as much or as little as you need.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:13:17 AM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline nicky

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 04:48:20 AM »
Great job. I never disassembled the sear cage for fear that I would never get it back together again. You made it look too easy. Now I will have to give it a try.

Thanks

Offline chiddly

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »
Awesome looking playlist so far. Looking forward to the rest of your videos. Thanks for putting in the time and effort it takes to make this happen. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the tips, tricks and general information I've found on this forum from the many members like yourself that share it.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »
Had videos uploading all afternoon and night. I hate CenturyLink! Took 10 minutes at work to upload the first batch. Going to swing by work today to get a bunch uploaded. Glad they are already helping.

Offline jim.c

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
Awesome job !!!  Can't wait to see the rest. Thanks for all the hard work.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
Finally got most of the assembly videos uploaded. The remaining will trickle in through the week. Then I will transition everything to "Public" so everyone can access.

Offline Oldwolf

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
 Nice job! I look forward to looking through all of them.  :)
SP-01 Shadow Target Custom
75 SA

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »
This will be "THE" place for DIYers to go.
Thank you for all the work you're doing to organize the gun working segments.

anything