Author Topic: New PCR with defensive package  (Read 3240 times)

Offline o2gt

New PCR with defensive package
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »
I finally had a chance to take out my new PCR that the guys a Cajun gun works worked on. I had the defensive package done and their new fiber optic front and rear sights. The gun is fantastic, the work on the trigger is just what I was hoping for and the sights really stand out. This is my first gun with fiber optic sights and Im really happy i chose them. I shot  a couple hundred rounds the other day. Accuracy was very good with both nato spec 124 grain and 147 grain HST. I had one failure to feed but honestly I think that was my fault. I would not hesitate to send another gun over for more work. I think its going to make a great carry gun moving forward.

Josh

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:37:46 PM by o2gt »

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
Re: New PCR with defensive package
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »
Glad you like it! Welcome to the forum from OK.
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 01:28:30 PM »
Now THAT'S the way to make that first post! Welcome and congrats on a great czoice!

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your PCR. If you take any pictures of it post them up if you can.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline o2gt

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
If I can figure out how to get them to post I will get some up.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:02:37 PM »
If I can figure out how to get them to post I will get some up.

Including images in your posts.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=14704
If you have a mobile device, download the Tap a Talk app. You can load pics straight from there.
Note: You can use any image hosting site, i like Imgur.com. Make an account, upload your pictures, copy the BBCode (message boards & forums) provided by the hosting site then paste it into the forum message. Its real easy once you get it. More details in the link.

Edit: If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask. ?? Allot of folks get hung up trying to post pics the first time so you are not alone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:13:48 PM by Tok36 »

Offline o2gt

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:17:32 PM by o2gt »

Offline o2gt

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/BFNb4

Just a couple pictures of my first trip out. shooting was done between about 7 and 15 yards. I group well seems i was pulling a couple shots but overall with some practice I think things will only get better. I will post some of the gun when I can get them to load to my computer.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:21:58 PM by o2gt »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »
The link works, i can see the pics. Nice shooting.

Just heads up, if you click on one of the pictures that you have uploaded to Imgur.com the picture will get bigger and the BBC code options will show up to the right of the picture. From the options on the right you can copy the one labeled as BBCode (message boards & forums). Then if you paste that code into the form message the picture will automatically show up in your message.

Example pic of what i am talking about.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:45:33 PM by Tok36 »

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 12:24:43 AM »
Best compact on the market in my opinion......Def Carry Pkg makes a very good gun, outstanding!!! Congrats!

Offline o2gt

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 11:52:44 PM »
Best compact on the market in my opinion......Def Carry Pkg makes a very good gun, outstanding!!! Congrats!

Could not agree more, Its a fantastic gun. Im really happy that I spent the money upfront to get the upgrades. Im hoping that I have time to take it out again this weekend. I think with a couple hundred more rounds I will feel good about carrying it. Im sure its good to go now, but if noting else its a good reason to get to the range. I would recommend this gun to anyone. I have told a couple guys at work about it. they almost all carry 1911's but can appreciate something different.

Offline Gretsch9

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 07:17:14 AM »
Welcome, The PCR is by far my favorite handgun. And the CGW upgrades and they're worth every penny. Congrats!
PCR,  97B, P07, P09,P10c

Offline TNman

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:08 PM »
After nearly 30 emails to David (he is a very patient person) asking all kinds of questions about what upgrades I should chose for my PCR I finally actually shipped my CZ 75 D to him today. I also plan to have the Pro Self Defense Pkg installed. I had completed a little work on it myself but I am really looking forward to seeing what transpires after CGW gets through with it.
IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline o2gt

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 11:29:50 PM »
After nearly 30 emails to David (he is a very patient person) asking all kinds of questions about what upgrades I should chose for my PCR I finally actually shipped my CZ 75 D to him today. I also plan to have the Pro Self Defense Pkg installed. I had completed a little work on it myself but I am really looking forward to seeing what transpires after CGW gets through with it.

I think you will be happy with your choice. I took my out again yesterday. shot 150 rounds. shot another 50 rounds of HST 147 grain it was very accurate as i figured it would be. I just need to find a good holster set up and I will be all set. fantastic gun and lots of fun to shoot.

Offline TNman

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 10:12:43 AM »

I think you will be happy with your choice. I took my out again yesterday. shot 150 rounds. shot another 50 rounds of HST 147 grain it was very accurate as i figured it would be. I just need to find a good holster set up and I will be all set. fantastic gun and lots of fun to shoot.
I have two holsters from MasterTac for competition guns. IMO they are a very good source. They will probably be my choice for my CZ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

anything