Author Topic: BUYERS BEWARE PayPal -Sellers persist on using 'Friends and family' NOPE NOGO  (Read 5185 times)

Offline srREXed

• Is it broken? Then why are you fixing it?
I am a bit angry. Not angry like someone hit my car, angry like I'm so sick and tired of how stupid people seem to be even after learning experiences and rules and all that are posted everywhere. If you cant find them, use google search. You can find ANYTHING IMAGINABLE there.

So, sellers being adamant, making the statement 'friends and family only' when using PayPal. I refuse to do it. If you want to sell me something, and are too cheap to pay a 4$ fee because you are selling something, then you should refrain from selling it on the Internet and bring it to a pawn shop or something.

Seriously, a $100 item will cost a fee of a couple bucks at most. Charge the fee in your overall item dollar amount? YOU are using PayPal. Paypal didn't choose to use you. Don't like it? Don't use it then.

I have seen and read about many who have gotten the crap end of the stick by trying to buy something that way. Ya know what? It doesn't go over so well when you give a stranger your money, and tell the bank while doing the transaction that you implicitly trust that stranger. They make off with your cash, and don't send you a product. Why? Because that payment was a gift.

Goods and services has a percentage charged back to the seller because PayPal insures your exchange. Are you still going to let people walk all over you as a buyer??? 

Don't buy anything from these people. They are just another Joe Schmoe who wants to get over because they think parking in handicapped spaces or leaving their kid in the back seat while they grab a cup of coffee is ok.

Just do yourselves a favor and whenever someone says 'I take PayPal, friends and family' reply to them and tell them they are wrong. The fee protects the buyer from a fake seller. It's the seller who is responsible to pay their fee for selling an item , not the buyers, because if it was the buyers responsibility it would be that way.

Ok blurb done. I just went through a few items in the buy/sell/trade thread and seems there are humans that are still trying to get over no matter how little it may be.

Out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wife: Is it broken?
Me: No.
Wife: Then why does it need to be fixed?
Me: I knew you wouldn't understand.
Me: You're way smarter than I am babe.
Wife: Ok, so if it's not broken and not fixed, what exactly is it?
Me: It's taking time Hun. Just taking some time.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
I don't know why anybody with a lick of integrity would use those anti-gun, fee gouging, self-confessed anti second amendment jerks at all. I won't buy anything that requires me to send funds via paypal.

Support and fund those who would shaft you unmercifully if they detect your transaction, not to mention a company that supports the very people who campaign against you?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Paypal fees are generally 3% of each transaction that's why some people prefer to use the friends and family feature not because they are out to rip anybody off. That quick google search will confirm the fees for you.
By the way yes Paypal is anti second amendment but  like has been said so many times before those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. One of our well known members,supporters, and suppliers of CZ aftermarket parts has their website set up with Paypal being the quick and easy way to order from them or at least it was the last time I placed an order.

Offline Rmach

I sold a couple of items on Paypal, and I'd rather pass the 3% savings to the buyer. Any seller that expects to pay the fee, will automatically raise their selling price accordingly, so get over it.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
And that sure does make it easy and quick to get some springs, pins, etc. for a new CZ.  Just ordered some the other day for the latest CZ 75 Compact.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Roikyou

Whats the alternate? Paypal has they're hands in many pockets. Id be happy to avoid those who are anti second amendment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
I do a lot of on line and Feebay sales and yes I ask for friends and family because it is free for both parties if buyer has a positive balance and your item ships the same day. If not feel free to send me postal money order and wait for the shipment.

If gun parts are mentioned they no longer guarantee anything.

As far as sending money first please tell me of ANY company or individual willing to send you their product B4 paying for it.

Last but far from least postal money orders only guarantee the PO will go after them for fraud but do not guarantee your money back.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:57:04 PM by larryflew »
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Earl Keese

Paypal fees are generally 3% of each transaction that's why some people prefer to use the friends and family feature not because they are out to rip anybody off. That quick google search will confirm the fees for you.
By the way yes Paypal is anti second amendment but  like has been said so many times before those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. One of our well known members,supporters, and suppliers of CZ aftermarket parts has their website set up with Paypal being the quick and easy way to order from them or at least it was the last time I placed an order.
He posted here recently that he's working on leaving Paypal for that very reason.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
I finally succumbed to accepting PayPal when it comes to my Loader Mods
Since I have no way of taking a Credit Card and for those outside the US, it was the only way to go
I don't ask for the "Gift" or no fee option
But if the Customer chooses it.....who am I to turn down a couple extra bucks ?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

He posted here recently that he's working on leaving Paypal for that very reason.

I'm certainly not knocking him for taking paypal. I've had an account for years as I've done some ebay sales which have some exorbitant fees all their own so I know where people are coming from who don't want to pay the fees. We are not out to rip anyone off in any way. Also as far as the second amendment goes it's not just paypal who is anti gun there are many banks which lean left so the credit card that a person uses to make payment may well be issued by a bank which does not support our rights.

Offline Earl Keese

I didn't mean to imply that you were knocking him, just pointing out that he's making changes in that area. Those changes mean that my wife will see my um, CGW purchase frequency.  8)

Offline The Conservative

Just noticed that the NRA store is now accepting PayPal.  I did a double take.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!

As far as sending money first please tell me of ANY company or individual willing to send you their product B4 paying for it.o not guarantee your money back.

I just ordered a holster yesterday and mailed the check. Maker/seller sent the holster out yesterday as well. He says he's only been stiffed once! Bear Creek Holsters in Texas. Nice guy to do business with!

I told him I've been ripped off by Paypal more than once and will not use them so he said a check is fine...
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!

Since I have no way of taking a Credit Card and for those outside the US, it was the only way to go

Check out Square Cash and their invoicing. Beats Paypal any day!
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline Snyper762

Meh. I use eBay a lot, sell stuff pretty regularly, and buy as well. If a member has good feedback I have no problem with gift option.

anything