Author Topic: "drop in" replacement barrel with 3-lug and 1/2-28  (Read 12960 times)

Offline GBUS

Re: "drop in" replacement barrel with 3-lug and 1/2-28
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
The barrels look great, good pricing on both now as well.
This is definitely a great choice for those not wanting to chop their factory barrels. I've said it before, a barrel with machined 3 lug with the threaded end incorporated all in one piece is way way cooler then a screw on 3 lug any day of the week.
Best of luck with these and keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gear Head

• Gear That Works
    • Gear Head Works, LLC
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »
I like these. Another 922 part, integrated 3 lug that will never come off and the 1/2-28 threads. Great option for the earlier guns that only have the 18mm for sure.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:44:05 PM by Gear Head »
Specializing on innovative gear for your favorite platforms.

Offline InLeadWeTrust

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »
Thanks guys, I am pretty proud of them and their performance so far.

Offline Wolf_11

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 01:46:07 AM »
So an aftermarket carbine length would be prefect then huh? For a covered can

I do not think they will work with any unmodified cz hand guard, I have only used them with "free floats".  There is not a way to mount the barrel nuts on these barrels.
Unfortunately we most likely will not be,  The three lug makes it impossible to slide a stock hand guard nut and spacer over it which is one of the reasons on our 8 15/16" barrels we went bigger diameter, custom threads for the hand guard nut, custom spacer and custom hand guard nut.  There is simply not a good way to do it, but thank you for the request
InLeadWeTrust, are you planning on doing a standard diameter style, integrated 3-lug pistol length barrel to go along with your "in the works" standard diameter, integrated 3-lug K length barrel? What crown is on your current fluted pistol length barrel? Thanks

This please.

This barrel okay to use with CZ carbine length handguards?

Offline InLeadWeTrust

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »
Yes, if that is your flavor

So an aftermarket carbine length would be prefect then huh? For a covered can

I do not think they will work with any unmodified cz hand guard, I have only used them with "free floats".  There is not a way to mount the barrel nuts on these barrels.
Unfortunately we most likely will not be,  The three lug makes it impossible to slide a stock hand guard nut and spacer over it which is one of the reasons on our 8 15/16" barrels we went bigger diameter, custom threads for the hand guard nut, custom spacer and custom hand guard nut.  There is simply not a good way to do it, but thank you for the request
InLeadWeTrust, are you planning on doing a standard diameter style, integrated 3-lug pistol length barrel to go along with your "in the works" standard diameter, integrated 3-lug K length barrel? What crown is on your current fluted pistol length barrel? Thanks

This please.

This barrel okay to use with CZ carbine length handguards?

Offline Ls1mtz

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 12:01:48 AM »

I got my barrel and I'm excited to get it installed. I have a dumb question... should I leave the thread protector on or take it off when shooting with a 3 lug? I'm just wondering if there is a chance of the thread protector working itself loose and falling into the suppressor?

Offline mursalot

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 05:44:50 AM »
bleep it!!!
Now I need to get an hbi handguard, 1 of these k barrels and ditch my current barrel, handguard and trilug adapter.
The painful journey of building a dream gun  8)
2 things you never want to hear when you pull the trigger:

"click" when you expect it to go "bang" and

"bang" when you expect it to go "click"

Offline mursalot

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 05:58:38 AM »

I got my barrel and I'm excited to get it installed. I have a dumb question... should I leave the thread protector on or take it off when shooting with a 3 lug? I'm just wondering if there is a chance of the thread protector working itself loose and falling into the suppressor?

Leave it on. This is straight from their website:

"- Thread protector included. TP has recessed serrations, and correct shoulder OD for stabilizing 3-lug suppressor."

https://www.inleadwetrust.com/collections/cz-scorpion-evo-iii/products/scorpion-evo-micro-3-lug-1-2-28-tpi-custom-barrel-trunnion
2 things you never want to hear when you pull the trigger:

"click" when you expect it to go "bang" and

"bang" when you expect it to go "click"

Offline Natetron

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »
Has anyone done your K size barrel with the pistol length HBI Flat hand-guard?  Would really like to see what that would look like with a suppressor, and not sure how far the barrel would be in the hand-guard. I am thinking of doing that hand-guard, but don't like how the stock barrel with a 3 lug sticks out so far.  I would at least like the suppressor to go into the hand-guard a little bit to look flush.   

Do you guys do custom lengths?  I want a different length, but want to keep mine the length it is, because that is the length I will have on my stamp. 

Offline InLeadWeTrust

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »
No, sorry, no custom lengths but i am sure any reputable shop can cut yours to your desired length
Has anyone done your K size barrel with the pistol length HBI Flat hand-guard?  Would really like to see what that would look like with a suppressor, and not sure how far the barrel would be in the hand-guard. I am thinking of doing that hand-guard, but don't like how the stock barrel with a 3 lug sticks out so far.  I would at least like the suppressor to go into the hand-guard a little bit to look flush.   

Do you guys do custom lengths?  I want a different length, but want to keep mine the length it is, because that is the length I will have on my stamp.

Offline Natetron

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:30 PM »
I wanted to keep my stock barrel stock length, because of my SBR stamp. I know you can send a letter to have the length, but don't really want to do that.

Offline InLeadWeTrust

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 04:12:51 PM »
i understand but we do not make custom barrel length to order, it would be far to costly for a customer

Offline Natetron

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
Oh, I completely understand that, no problem.  Have you seen your K length barrel in the normal hand guard.

Offline InLeadWeTrust

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 04:30:46 PM »
No sir, I have not. I like to keep things as small as possible and do not always shoot suppressed so I like the flexibility of the smallest profile and ability to run a flash cone if preferred at the time.  YMMV
Oh, I completely understand that, no problem.  Have you seen your K length barrel in the normal hand guard.