Author Topic: "drop in" replacement barrel with 3-lug and 1/2-28  (Read 1270 times)

Online GBUS

Re: "drop in" replacement barrel with 3-lug and 1/2-28
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
The barrels look great, good pricing on both now as well.
This is definitely a great choice for those not wanting to chop their factory barrels. I've said it before, a barrel with machined 3 lug with the threaded end incorporated all in one piece is way way cooler then a screw on 3 lug any day of the week.
Best of luck with these and keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gear Head

• Gear That Works
    • Gear Head Works, LLC
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »
I like these. Another 922 part, integrated 3 lug that will never come off and the 1/2-28 threads. Great option for the earlier guns that only have the 18mm for sure.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:44:05 PM by Gear Head »
Specializing on innovative gear for your favorite platforms.

Offline InLeadWeTrust

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »
Thanks guys, I am pretty proud of them and their performance so far.

Offline Wolf_11

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 01:46:07 AM »
So an aftermarket carbine length would be prefect then huh? For a covered can

I do not think they will work with any unmodified cz hand guard, I have only used them with "free floats".  There is not a way to mount the barrel nuts on these barrels.
Unfortunately we most likely will not be,  The three lug makes it impossible to slide a stock hand guard nut and spacer over it which is one of the reasons on our 8 15/16" barrels we went bigger diameter, custom threads for the hand guard nut, custom spacer and custom hand guard nut.  There is simply not a good way to do it, but thank you for the request
InLeadWeTrust, are you planning on doing a standard diameter style, integrated 3-lug pistol length barrel to go along with your "in the works" standard diameter, integrated 3-lug K length barrel? What crown is on your current fluted pistol length barrel? Thanks

This please.

This barrel okay to use with CZ carbine length handguards?

anything