Author Topic: CZP10C arrival date  (Read 5921 times)

Offline K3JB

Re: CZP10C arrival date
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2017, 08:53:27 PM »
Agreed, My Glock's have never had any firing issue, they just work. I really look forward to the CZP10c, I will be purchasing one as soon as they become available. I like the consistency of striker fired pistols.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline Czvlad

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2017, 09:13:39 PM »
Got one on order also.

Offline eastman

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »
We had one on the demo table this past weekend at GAT Guns in East Dundee IL. I didn't get to shoot the P-10c during the event, but it is my houseguest until the next demo on April 1st (Second Amendment Sports in McHenry IL)  O0
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline badwrench

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2017, 11:53:47 PM »
Mechanically probably the best polymer gun ever is a Glock. With a track record to prove it. That said one of the worst ergonomic  guns ever made is a Glock with a track record to prove it. 
I am hoping that CZ  p 10c will be that perfect combination between the two

Let's not forget the brass to the face issue which still plague's Glocks (primarily g19's) to this day. Out of 3 g19's I've bought (two of which I still own) all three had btf issues..I'm more than ready to move on...

I'm curious if your G19 btf issue cleared up after any break-in period?  The reason I ask is, I've bought (1 ea.) gen 4 G22, G19, G17 and G43.  The only one I had any btf issues was with the G22 - which was rare (couple casings/magazine), and cleared up after about 350-400 rounds.  The G19, G17, and G43 haven't exhibited any problems.  I heard Glock re-worked the ejectors in the gen 4 G19 after the problem was reported in earlier release gen 4s.

Having said all that, I'm patiently waiting for the P10C to be released.  8)

No, none of the Glocks I've had/ still have ever cleared up, all needed an Apex extractor, and in two (gen 3, gen 4, g19) they didn 't fix the problem. An Apex extractor will fix about 75% of them that have this issue, it's not a cure-all as many believe. In the one gen 4 g19 I managed to get to run decently (still throws a few at me now and again) it required a gen 3 extractor, as this is what Apex suggested, due to tolerance stacking. I have two gen4 g19's  one bought about 5 months ago,nib,both will throw brass at me, both have about 2k rounds ran through them, it's not like I did'nt give them a chance. But to me, for a carry gun, it's unacceptable, period.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:37:33 AM by badwrench »

Offline badwrench

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 12:28:51 AM »
I have several Glocks
 19,17,22,30,30s,in gen 2-3-and 4 never had BTF in any of them.  But let's say even if a specific model  had 1type of a easily fixable malfunction does not take away from this being a great mechanical device. One of the best designs ever. Till hopefully now. With the coming of P 10 c

You're assuming that it's easily fixable, in some cases it's not. (I had one gen 3, g19, that I believe couldn't be fixed, an Apex extractor didn't help that much) I'm sure tolerance stacking is the major culprit here, along with Glock's  Rube Goldberg ejection system. In my case, I managed to pick three G19's over a several year period (one Gen 3, two Gen 4's) and all had ejection issues. The last one being bought new, in November 2016.( I thought that by then, they had it all ironed out...not!) My one and only gen 4 g17 (LEO trade-in) has ran like a swiss watch, no BTF at all.. So, yeah, I've had a gut load of Glock, and their brass throwing machines... Please, no suggestions to call Glock, I did once, sent it in, (grey framed Gen4 G19 bought in 2014) they changed a few parts , I shot it when it came back, no improvement, called again, and pretty much got treated like dirt for calling. They showed zero interest in fixing it, I have zero interest in playing 'the game" with them where we send it back and forth until they decide to replace it, or actually fix it. Needless to say, I'm not real happy with them.. The P-10 can't get here soon enough.. And once I get the P-10 vetted as a CCW, I'll dump every G19 I own.. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:40:23 AM by badwrench »

Offline Czvlad

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »
Honestly if i have that many problems with a platform unless  I got paid to carry it is would not.  I do not and never carried a glock for personal defense.  So I also look forward to see       P 10 c a rival. 

Offline badwrench

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »
Honestly if i have that many problems with a platform unless  I got paid to carry it is would not.  I do not and never carried a glock for personal defense.  So I also look forward to see       P 10 c a rival.

Oh, don't worry, I don't, I've been carrying my SP-01 compact. It's damned accurate, and throws emptys to the right, like it's supposed to. The g19's are currently collecting dust in my safe... At some point, they're going to be somebody else's problem..

Offline Czvlad

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »
  P 01 seems to be a great gun . I have not had an opportunity to  actually shoot it.  But from just handling it in the store I ordered 1 from CZC and now just waiting  to put my hands on it.
As far as Glocks almost all of the ones that I have and shoot have a complete grip reduction which complete changes the grip angle to the same as a 1911 and reduces grip by 3/8 of an in. And honestly until this thread is have never had a problem with BTF . Maybe it's due to the grip angle change in do not know. Next trip to the range  will be specifically to look for that. Will post my findings.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2017, 09:27:40 AM »
  P 01 seems to be a great gun . I have not had an opportunity to  actually shoot it.  But from just handling it in the store I ordered 1 from CZC and now just waiting  to put my hands on it.
As far as Glocks almost all of the ones that I have and shoot have a complete grip reduction which complete changes the grip angle to the same as a 1911 and reduces grip by 3/8 of an in. And honestly until this thread is have never had a problem with BTF . Maybe it's due to the grip angle change in do not know. Next trip to the range  will be specifically to look for that. Will post my findings.

Alot of Glocks (not all) will also show erratic ejection as well as btf. Erratic ejection will throw brass left, right, forward, straight up,  over your right shoulder. Often not in the same place twice. If you have btf, you'll know as they'll throw the empty cases right into your face, often hitting you on the forehead (twice I've gotten hit in the eye, luckily I wear glasses). Honestly, my g17 has never done this, nor have any of my CZ's(SP-01, SP-01compact) or my Beretta, VP-9, all of these pistols eject to the right. From what I've read, and found out through my own experience's the g19 is the most problematic when it comes to ejection issues,  sadly, it's also just about perfect in size. This is why I'm so interested in the P-10, it's nearly identical in size with a g19, as is my SP-01compact. And for me, that size of pistol works well for carrying.
Anyway, we're getting way off topic here, my apologies to all.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:49:50 AM by badwrench »

Offline eastman

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2017, 10:40:55 PM »
We had one on the demo table this past weekend at GAT Guns in East Dundee IL. I didn't get to shoot the P-10c during the event, but it is my houseguest until the next demo on April 1st (Second Amendment Sports in McHenry IL)  O0

Put 100 rounds through the P-10c tonight. It liked the Win White Box 124gr 9mm NATO ammo a lot better than it liked the Perfecta 115gr. Groups were less than half the size with the NATO ammo. Going to switch to the mid-size backstrap and try the 124gr ammo from MEN over the weekend.

I am not looking forward to giving the P-10c back  :(

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »
I have qualified with either the Glock 17 or 19 for 15 years now with my Dept, and I can honestly say I have had more Glocks fail in my hand than almost any other brand of firearm, with the exception of Taurus. In the interests of full disclosure, these guns get shot approximately 500-600 rounds WEEKLY, so they do tend to wear. The Glock is a well made, functional accurate firearm. It also feels like a brick in my hand, has no character or appeal. It will do the job, like an AMC Pacer will get you to work, (maybe), but it has no style. I qualify Expert or Distinguished Expert with the sidearm every year, so I can complain all I want. ;) At least OFF duty I have my czoice, which right now is my Cajunized SP-01 Phantom. Having said all of that I am very interested to see if the CZ P-10C is everything it's said to be, along with the usual CZ appeal and style. Looking very much forward to finding out. :)

Offline Motocrash

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »
I have owned, shot, carried quite a few Glocks in the last 20 years, mostly in .40 tho. Never one... single... issue. That being said, I have cleared my safe of them. The places previously occupied by glocks are now being filled with more CZs with several spots being held in reserve for P-10s. I went to my LGS to put a deposit on a new P-10c and the man told me he had no delivery date... so I bought another 75 compact (my all time, number one, favorite gun).
 My glocks have all been great tools but, they are ugly and I do not like them... not even a little. I love my CZs.  :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:51:38 PM by Motocrash »
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" - Qui-Gon Jinn

Offline best sale

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:20 PM »

Put 100 rounds through the P-10c tonight. It liked the Win White Box 124gr 9mm NATO ammo a lot better than it liked the Perfecta 115gr. Groups were less than half the size with the NATO ammo. Going to switch to the mid-size backstrap and try the 124gr ammo from MEN over the weekend.

[/quote]

Win 124gr Nato, regular Win 115gr & Blazer 9mm aluminum  went through it with no problem as well.

Offline eastman

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2017, 10:38:31 PM »

Win 124gr Nato, regular Win 115gr & Blazer 9mm aluminum  went through it with no problem as well.
[/quote]

It didn't like the Perfecta, but I've noticed that before with other CZs (and usually blamed myself for the bad results). Having the direct comparison to Perfecta and the much hotter NATO round from WWB showed that I wasn't the problem.

Looking forward to trying a few other brands over the weekend.

Offline viking499

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2017, 10:51:10 PM »
So, how does it compare to other CZs when shooting?

anything