Author Topic: 83 in 32 HOW MUCH?!?!  (Read 2393 times)

Offline tenfourk

83 in 32 HOW MUCH?!?!
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:34:24 PM »
 I expected to see this forum blowing up from the GunBroker sale of a new in box CZ 83 in 7.65 sell for $1325.  I have one in great condition I purchased maybe three years ago for $600.  I just won the auction for another one on GunBroker this week listed as an NRA good condition, older model for $500.  Have not received it yet and I am just hoping it is fairly accurate so I can beat it up and leave the other unused.  I love this gun.  I'd be curious to hear some thoughts about the sale, and the thought of whether CZ might produce this gun again.  If I spent $1325 on one and CZ started selling them again for $600 I'd be pretty pissed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:10:07 PM by tenfourk »

Offline LittleJenny

• Girls Like Guns, Too
Re: 83 in 32 HOW MUCH?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:55:24 PM »
$1325 for a CZ 83?  Mine was $250!  Not new in box but it still works. ?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Offline eastman

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »
$1325 for a CZ 83?  Mine was $250!  Not new in box but it still works. ?

This was not only New, in Box but also the elusive 7.65 Browning version. I knew it was going to sell above my limit (I was set to go to $600), but didn't expect it to break $1300.

But knowing auctions that end high at Freddie Bear, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a non-paying bidder and the item is relisted in a week or two.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:00:03 AM »
Sold mine 2 years ago for $850. Blue, like New with Marschal grips and wish I had it back. Do have it in 380 but they don't command the prices the 32 does. My guess is it won't be made again as it really isn't a popular caliber.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:06:26 PM by larryflew »
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline tenfourk

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 05:03:22 AM »
Another gun I've had interest in that is certainly NOT a very popular caliber is the Ruger Sp101 and GP100 in 327 Federal. Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, but the GP100 last time I looked is over $12-$1300. The SP101 production in the 3" barrel was stopped and the price for them skyrocketed just like the GP. Ruger then began producing the SP in a 4" barrel. The original 3" still sells for much more than the newly made 4", but I'd imagine the value of the 3" would be higher if production wasn't restarted at all.

Offline LittleJenny

• Girls Like Guns, Too
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »
Classic Firearms had sone for $300 but seems they're all gone now.

Offline afultz075

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »
The surplus ones seem to be more reasonable in price if you're quick enough on the draw when they come up for sale. The one that went for $505 last week probably wasn't a bad deal considering what some of the commercial ones have gone for. These guns ARE out there for reasonable prices but you have to be extremely dedicated in your search - scour gunbroker multiple times a day, search armslist and online classifieds and you will come across one eventually that won't break the bank.

I snagged a surplus CZ 83 in .32 for $289 BIN on gunbroker back in early-December. I bet it was only up an hour or so before I bought it. Dirtiest gun i've ever bought with carbon caked everywhere on the inside (looked like it had never been cleaned), but I did a 100% teardown and replaced the springs while i was at it and it cleaned up nicely.

I also managed to find a non-surplus 2012 production late last year for the collection, and the only way i got it was making an offer to someone who posted on another board who had one he was preparing to sell, and was looking to gauge the value of it. I made him an offer that was fair to both him and me which he accepted. My idea was to give him a good enough price that he wouldn't feel compelled to list it on gunbroker where I would have to compete against 20 other people who wanted the same gun.

I think that $1300 for one of these is just ridiciulous, but the fact of the matter is that the CZ 83 has now been out or regular production for 4+ years, save for the small release of them last year, and the supply of them is now fixed. The supply of .32s was small even when CZ was still producing them, and no one wanted them. The NIB nickel .380 that the same seller of the $1300 .32 had listed went for $700 itself. A year ago I rarely saw a nickel 83 in .380 go for above $400. I think we will continue to see prices rise across the board for 83's, especially when the supply of surplus ones completely dries up. It would be nice if CZ would do one final run of 83's in .32, but I wonder if the demand is even there for a full production order of them.

Offline tenfourk

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 10:41:57 PM »
Thank you for that afultz I found that very interesting.

Offline LittleJenny

• Girls Like Guns, Too
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
The surplus ones seem to be more reasonable in price if you're quick enough on the draw when they come up for sale. The one that went for $505 last week probably wasn't a bad deal considering what some of the commercial ones have gone for. These guns ARE out there for reasonable prices but you have to be extremely dedicated in your search - scour gunbroker multiple times a day, search armslist and online classifieds and you will come across one eventually that won't break the bank.

I snagged a surplus CZ 83 in .32 for $289 BIN on gunbroker back in early-December. I bet it was only up an hour or so before I bought it. Dirtiest gun i've ever bought with carbon caked everywhere on the inside (looked like it had never been cleaned), but I did a 100% teardown and replaced the springs while i was at it and it cleaned up nicely.

I also managed to find a non-surplus 2012 production late last year for the collection, and the only way i got it was making an offer to someone who posted on another board who had one he was preparing to sell, and was looking to gauge the value of it. I made him an offer that was fair to both him and me which he accepted. My idea was to give him a good enough price that he wouldn't feel compelled to list it on gunbroker where I would have to compete against 20 other people who wanted the same gun.

I think that $1300 for one of these is just ridiciulous, but the fact of the matter is that the CZ 83 has now been out or regular production for 4+ years, save for the small release of them last year, and the supply of them is now fixed. The supply of .32s was small even when CZ was still producing them, and no one wanted them. The NIB nickel .380 that the same seller of the $1300 .32 had listed went for $700 itself. A year ago I rarely saw a nickel 83 in .380 go for above $400. I think we will continue to see prices rise across the board for 83's, especially when the supply of surplus ones completely dries up. It would be nice if CZ would do one final run of 83's in .32, but I wonder if the demand is even there for a full production order of them.
I'm pretty sure CZ will gave it's hands full making P-10Cs for a while (although I'm just not a fan of it). Thanks for the info on the 83s in .32acp. I'll keep my eyes out (I would NEVER spend that kinda money on one (only spent that for my Luger & Broomhandle Mauser)

Offline ulmapache

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »
Folks, I'm working on a project to convert .380/9x18 to .32ACP...have one question left.... Will the "boltface" in a slide  from a .380/9x18 cause feeding issues with .32ACP? This is assuming barrel replacement and extractor swap out, and mags for .32ACP...

Offline afultz075

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 11:05:20 AM »
Folks, I'm working on a project to convert .380/9x18 to .32ACP...have one question left.... Will the "boltface" in a slide  from a .380/9x18 cause feeding issues with .32ACP? This is assuming barrel replacement and extractor swap out, and mags for .32ACP...

I would be more concerned with the fact that the opening for the barrel on a .380 slide is larger than that of a .32 slide.

Offline ulmapache

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 02:27:12 PM »
Be interesting to find out if there were a difference.. I would think that CZ would have the same outside diameter for the barrels so they wouldn't have to make two different slides for the different calibres...

Offline ulmapache

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »
Ok, afultz075 cleared everything up on this idea of converting a .380/9x18 to .32ACP... Very expensive, and unless you have a slide purposely made for the .32ACP, not happening. Not only will your barrel have to change out, also you will have to acquire a complete slide for a .32...and those are not available.

anything