Author Topic: Anybody has a video or some decent instructions to install the CGW 10x bushing?  (Read 2212 times)

Offline tothemax

Anybody has a video or some decent instructions to install the CGW 10x bushing? 

Sounds like an amazing mod for any CZ but EXTREMELY frustrating to remove the existing bushing of the CZ 75 slide!! 

I am killing my existing bushing.. and maybe my slide ...   now trying to push it out with aluminum punch

Anybody   knows  where  decent step by step instructions are posted?   listing all required tools or tricks to get this bushing off....  a 2 minutes video on it so all the peasants like me would not destroy their guns trying to install the thing ;D 

I have a SP01

Any and all advice welcome

Thank you for help

:D ;)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:33:52 PM by tothemax »

Offline Tok36

There are some install notes mentioned in this thread.

New Design CGW Barrel Bushing
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=75186.0
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline inspector1999

I followed the instructions on the CGW web site, on in 5 minutes.  If you are having issues, I would stop and give them a call.  Their customer service is awesome and they will guide you through it. 

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline tothemax

Tnx  Got it off using a 10mm 1/4" drive socket and a 3/8" drive extension drive extension bar  for a punch

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Many have said to freeze the new bushing for an easy-to-do-install.  Be SURE to have the retaining pin slot lined up with the hole so you can tap the pin in.

Offline srREXed

• Is it broken? Then why are you fixing it?
Many have said to freeze the new bushing for an easy-to-do-install.  Be SURE to have the retaining pin slot lined up with the hole so you can tap the pin in.
Sure does. Have had to do it with a few Czs and many other firearms with different purposes. Ruger hammer bushings? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wife: Is it broken?
Me: No.
Wife: Then why does it need to be fixed?
Me: I knew you wouldn't understand.
Me: You're way smarter than I am babe.
Wife: Ok, so if it's not broken and not fixed, what exactly is it?
Me: It's taking time Hun. Just taking some time.

Offline tessitori

Tnx  Got it off using a 10mm 1/4" drive socket and a 3/8" drive extension drive extension bar  for a punch

Let us know next time you go to the range how noticeable the accuracy is.  Congrats on your gunsmithing.

Offline Joe L

The 10x bushing tightened up the fit on my 75B from what it was enough to use the pistol in bullseye matches.  Here is a video of a 100 yard target from a few months ago. 

https://youtu.be/tMLDwY7XrdE?list=PL7GbOFIiTV0xt-yUxqYvFX6tek_pEmLes

I've shot a few 98+ targets with it at bullseye practice as well.  It's as good as my regular match gun (a 97B"E") now.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline tothemax

Thank you all for your help..

I want to summarize some steps on how I was able to get this done without damage to my gun.

I used a 11mm x 1/4" drive Craftsman  socket (+- 15.47 mm OD) and a 3/8" drive short extension as a punch to drive it out.

The 11mm socket appear to fit perfectly inside the slide to catch the bushing.

I held the  slide and short extension bar   in one hand and braced it against the open jaws on a vice.  Placed a few layers of rags on the vice jaw so as not to scratch the slide.

With the other hand I held a hammer and hit the end of the extension bar which drove  the socket to push the bushing out.

It seemed to worked perfectly.  No damage to my gun.  I am sure there is a less Ghetto way to do this but with the limited gunsmith tools I have, this is how I was able to do it.  All better ideas, tricks or feedback welcome for the next guy.. also I intend to to the same for my TS and BD

I made sure I inserted the new bushing in with the pin grove directly on top and all seemed to line up perfectly.  No freezing necessary for me. 

Can't wait to go shoot it later on today if the range is not closed by rain. :D

The finished product.. .I did take it to the range today... What a difference!!  a huge improvement.. Highly recommended mod.. .made a   noticeable difference in my groups .. and seems to shoot more accurately   than my 1911 with 2.5 lbs trigger job and a custom bushing... I absolutely love the mod. :D :D :D

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:38:58 PM by tothemax »

Offline Joe L

ToTheMax--Congrats on getting your bushing installed.  Glad it is all working out well for you.  My factory bushing was looser than most, so the improvement I saw was more than some people see.  There is no question that tightening up that bushing helps a bunch.  It is also good that the newer pistols like the P-09/07 have such tight clearances from the factory due to the modern machining methods and quality control. 

The CGW bushing is an excellent modification for the 75B. 

Thanks for the photos and the installation notes.  That will help the next guy. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline BubbaLa

just to be clear, and as a point of reference, the front sight pin must be removed FIRST.
NRA CERTIFIED METALLIC CARTRIDGE RELOADING and PISTOL INSTRUCTOR

NRA SAFETY RANGE OFFICER

Offline SoCal

One thing to make the removal easier is to warm the slide.  I used a pan of boiling water.  Then I froze the bushing and installed in the still warm slide.  Worked on both of my CZ's.  Using the water limits the heat to 212 degrees (less in practice).
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Mr HH

One thing I will add is find an old credit card and place it between the underside of the slide and the socket extension to prevent metal to metal contact while driving the bushing out. I also use a 3" extension on the socket end with another 6" extension attached to that. That gives some flexibility and puts the end you are hammering well away from the slide in case of a poorly placed hammer blow. Hit it HARD a couple times until the bushing breaks loose, then you can gently tap out t the rest of the way out without pounding the socket into the muzzle of the slide where it can potentially get stuck and mar the area where the bushing seats. I also makes mark on the top of the face of the new bushing with a sharpie fora visual reference to keep the roll pin groove precisely on top when driving it in. A nylon hammer works great for the final install.

Offline greystonedog

I used the socket and extension method , worked great, loose in one hit. I made a jig out of 2X4  to hold slide, clamped it to the edge of my bench. I ground the extension at an angle so the hit was evenly distributed around the socket. I took some photos . Can email to someone who can post them.   

Offline greystonedog

Bushing installed, that was easy, now what do you do when you cant install the barrel,  when barrel is on the angle bushing fit too tight. One post mentioned tapping the recoil lug with a delrin hammer. Think I'll call CGW tomorrow

anything