Author Topic: cz 452 2e zkm american  (Read 2339 times)

Offline flashglo

cz 452 2e zkm american
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:37:14 PM »
Hello , Peoples !
      New to the forum...just bought my 1st 452 says its an American it has a 21 inch barrel . Is this a varmint American or should it simply say varmint on it ? I'm setting it up for a scope id like to put on a Leupold with a 50mm but need help on some rings ...no junk ...want heavy duty like this rifle looks so I'd be able to use it in low light cond. I'm leaning on the ones from cz-usa but hate to order and my scope don't fit ...Somebody help me !!! Also I bet it shoots great and I already want to buy a second rifle bleep it just because it looks freaking nice and feels great ...it has an 03 stamped on the barrel and receiver...and just etching behind the trigger not in front like other rifles I've seen....help me somebody !

Offline FakeCZName

Re: cz 452 2e zkm american
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
flashglo, the Varmint has a heavy barrel. The sporter barrel American looks like this:

That is a Bushnell Legend 4.5-14X44SF hiding under the camo wrap in UTG rings. To say that I am greatly pleased with the Bushnell Legend would be a huge understatement.

Online AZ_CZ

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »
Too bad that squirrel fell asleep on your rifle and messed up an otherwise great picture. That's being a true sportsman not waking it up.

Congrats on the American. To fit that 50 you're going to need some tall rings.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »
The size of the barrel will determine which model it is. 

If I remember correctly, some different models used the same American action, but had different barrels. Got any pics?

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 06:36:16 AM »
Flashglo,
If I recall correctly, the American has a 22 1/2 barrel and the Varmint has a 21. The American has checkering on the front and rear, the Varmint only on the rear.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 02:11:39 PM »
CZ 452 Varmint also has a barrel lug, American barrel supported only by action screws.
Rimfire Central has a lot of information.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:13:12 PM by Boris_LA »

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
CZ 452 Varmint also has a barrel lug, American barrel supported only by action screws.
Rimfire Central has a lot of information.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18
I think that's only true for 22lr. The 22 WMR and 17 HMR Varmints use the American 2 screw action.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline flashglo

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:33:05 AM »
Thanks everyone ! I have the varmint and researched and researched . I will post a picture soon . My .17 has no checkering up front . Finally got a scope put on a Nikon 4.5-14 not what I wanted but I"m upgrading another rifle so I swapped scopes ...started sighting it in.. the range was full so I shot off my truck on a led sled at 80 yrds  got groups at 3/4 inch then stopped until I have a good bench ... Dam rifle shoots great !!! I like it so much I'm now looking at another 452 in .22lr but the Varmint is hard to find but I see some stores can get the 452 classic American but but I really like my varmint anyway I might just order me one ...anything I should know about these Classics ? it don't say in their add if its a 2e zkm like my rifle ...thanks

anything