Author Topic: Identification of 2 pistols I recently came into possession of  (Read 1676 times)

Offline EricBr

Identification of 2 pistols I recently came into possession of
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »
Hopefully this is the right forum, and someone can help me with information about the 2 Ceska Zbrojovka pistols that I recently came into possession of.

Except for some of the markings, the 2 pistols look identical.

I would like to know as much about these as I can including date of manufacture, location of manufacture, price, etc.

I have found that both of these guns will shoot FMJ without any issue, but Hollow Points cause a failure to feed (I am thinking the magazine springs are too weak)

Pistol #1:
Left hand side of the slide:
   A letter "Z" with a line through it (European Z I think) inside a "C" inside a circle
   Followed by:
   CESKA ZBROJVKA
   NAR PODNIK STRAKCNICE
   Followed by
   7.65 in a circle

Right hand side of the slide:
681xxx (Serial # I believe)

Left side of the frame:
   Above and in front of trigger:
      Made in Czechoslovakia
      C A I GEORGIA, VT (I think, it is stamped diagonally overwriting Czechoslovakia somewhat)
   Above and behind trigger:
      MDL 50 CZECH

There are no markings on the right side of the frame.

On the barrel visible through the ejection port is the serial number.

Pistol #2:
Left hand side of the slide:
   A letter "Z" with a line through it (European Z I think) inside a "C" inside a circle
   Followed by:
   CESKA ZBROJVKA
   NAR PODNIK STRAKCNICE
   Followed by
   7.65 in a circle

Right hand side of the slide:
   668xxx (Serial # I believe)
At the front of the slide:
   Intra Arms Knox, TN CZ-50
   Made in, Czech REP

There are no markings on the left side of the frame.
There are no markings on the right side of the frame.

On the barrel visible through the ejection port is the serial number.

Thanks,

Eric

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
Re: Identification of 2 pistols I recently came into possession of
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
Sounds like you have TWO (2) Vzor 50's.
Vzor in Czech means "model".

The 7.65 is .32 ACP and you cannot expect to shoot hollow points as the overall cartridge length is too short and can develop "rim lock".

I found that out when I bought a Vzor 70 and the gun store sold me a combination of ball ammo and hollow point defensive rounds.

You may also find that the European-made .32 ACP works better (mine likes Sellier & Bellot) as the cartridge is just slightly longer than what is made here in the states.

Please post some pictures if you can.
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline eastman

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:12 PM »
Sounds like you have TWO (2) Vzor 50's.
Vzor in Czech means "model".

The 7.65 is .32 ACP and you cannot expect to shoot hollow points as the overall cartridge length is too short and can develop "rim lock".

I found that out when I bought a Vzor 70 and the gun store sold me a combination of ball ammo and hollow point defensive rounds.

You may also find that the European-made .32 ACP works better (mine likes Sellier & Bellot) as the cartridge is just slightly longer than what is made here in the states.

Please post some pictures if you can.

The extractor groove and rim dimensions are slightly different between European 7.65 Browning and American .32 ACP. S&B seems to be the preferred choice for my vz50.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline EricBr

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
Thanks, I will try to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow, but I have to find a pic sharing service to use first.

Offline shaneb1

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:36:49 PM »
Congrats, you have 2 CZ 50's.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »
Thanks, I will try to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow, but I have to find a pic sharing service to use first.

What I use is an app called Tapatalk on my cell phone.  It logs in to the forum and allows you to select, resize and upload photos in-line with your posting.

No photo sharing service required!
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

anything