Author Topic: P07 Gen 2 sight paint fell out  (Read 1125 times)

Offline DOC 1500

P07 Gen 2 sight paint fell out
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »
Hey guys I was at the range after about 250 rounds looked up and thought my eyes were going bad on me ..the dot on the right hand side of the rear sight fell out and half of the dot on the front sight fell out. I think I was reading something about this recently and happened to somebody. Has anybody used the glow-in-the-dark paint to replace the dots?
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: P07 Gen 2 sight paint fell out
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 04:22:47 PM »
Yes, I bought a small bottle/vial of it off ebay and "fixed" one of my sights.  One dot fell out.  I degreased it with a q-tip and alcohol, let it dry, then used a toothpick to place a drop in the hole.  I let it dry and it hasn't yet fallen out.  It might not fall out, we'll see.  It's not exactly the same color when it's light, but when it's dark you really can't tell the difference when it glows.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 05:06:29 PM »
If you do luminescent paint, place some white paint or white out down first before using the glow stuff. If it were me I'd remove the other dot and just run a blacked out rear with 1 dot up front.

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 06:16:53 PM »
My left one fell out. You can send it back but they would not send me a sight. I painted mine white. That will do till I can drill out the other one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »
If you do luminescent paint, place some white paint or white out down first before using the glow stuff. If it were me I'd remove the other dot and just run a blacked out rear with 1 dot up front.
What's the purpose of putting a base coat of white Under the luminescent or glow-in-the-dark paint?
What are the name brands of luminescent or glow-in-the-dark paint that work really well anybody with experience?

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:59:58 PM »
I used paint from these folks.   http://www.glow-on.com/

The Springfield XD forum has posts/threads about the uses/how to use it fairly often.  They are an advertiser on that forum (Not trying to say XD sights have more issues than others).
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 07:06:42 PM »
What's the purpose of putting a base coat of white Under the luminescent or glow-in-the-dark paint?
What are the name brands of luminescent or glow-in-the-dark paint that work really well anybody with experience?
The white helps provide coverage. Photoluminescent paint tends to be translucent.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »

The Springfield XD forum has posts/threads about the uses/how to use it fairly often.  They are an advertiser on that forum (Not trying to say XD sights have more issues than others).

I bought the same paint.  Good stuff, just make sure you mix it up really well before you use it.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:15 PM »

I bought the same paint.  Good stuff, just make sure you mix it up really well before you use it.
I just ordered some thanks for the tips and the information I'll let you guys know how it works out

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »
After watching videos and seeing pictures from the glow-on website think I'm going to do the sights on my Ruger 10/22 and Mossberg shotgun.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »
It's actually pretty neat stuff.  When I apply it, I use a toothpick to mix and apply it.  Inevitably, I'm always wearing an old pair of army pants.  I make it a habit of wiping the toothpick on my pants just above the right thigh pocket.  There is a small stripe of that glo-on paint on a couple of pairs of my camo pants.  You can't really see it but it has lasted DOZENS of washings.

I can leave a pair of these pants hanging on the side of my wardrobe near the window on the east side of our house.  When I go to bed, six or seven hours after sundown, I can still see it glowing.  No kidding.

You have to get a little thickness to it to get it to work the best.  After the first 'dot' dries, it usually has a little divot in it where it shrinks when it dries.  Just keep refilling that until you're happy with the size of the dot and cover it with some clear fingernail polish to seal it. 

Let us know how it turns out!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »
Thanks for the ideas Winkel, I've come up with some other ideas as well I'll let you guys know what happens.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »
I'm supposed to get my glow on paint Friday. We'll see what happens.
Where do most of you guys post your pictures from what website, what is the easiest one to use, or the easiest way to post pictures?

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 07:56:54 PM »
I use photobucket.com myself.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 09:02:08 PM »

anything