Author Topic: USPSA in Lubbock TX. 90 degrees in February!!!  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Taco101

USPSA in Lubbock TX. 90 degrees in February!!!
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
Great day for a match!  90 degrees today!  60 shooters came out and shot.  I finished 3rd in Production and 23rd overall.  Still getting used to my SP-01....But I love it!!

Offline rhart

Re: USPSA in Lubbock TX. 90 degrees in February!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
Nice shooting!
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 07:05:28 AM »
Taco101--That was great!  We are starting up USPSA matches at our club in Midland this year also.  I shot IDPA for a few years until we started Bullseye and was constantly frustrated by sequence instructions and mag drop limitations that just drove me nuts.  I was able to shoot very accurately (finished one entire match with no points down) but too slow to follow the constraints.   I did well on the qualifiers but couldn't finish in the top 15% in our matches.  Plus now I'm older and slower and more grumpy and less tactful. 

It was warm here in Midland on Saturday, same as Lubbock.  But 60F and 25-30 mph winds here today, Sunday.  I may wait to shoot until Monday. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Creeker

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 04:07:09 PM »
You did good.
Joshua 1:9

Offline Taco101

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 04:34:09 PM »
Taco101--That was great!  We are starting up USPSA matches at our club in Midland this year also.  I shot IDPA for a few years until we started Bullseye and was constantly frustrated by sequence instructions and mag drop limitations that just drove me nuts.  I was able to shoot very accurately (finished one entire match with no points down) but too slow to follow the constraints.   I did well on the qualifiers but couldn't finish in the top 15% in our matches.  Plus now I'm older and slower and more grumpy and less tactful. 

It was warm here in Midland on Saturday, same as Lubbock.  But 60F and 25-30 mph winds here today, Sunday.  I may wait to shoot until Monday. 

Joe

I'll be over in Midland for the Ben Stoeger class next month!  And yall have the coolest club name ever!!!!

Offline Joe L

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »
Taco101--So were you at the Ben Stoeger class today?  I was in bay 7 between 9 and 10 am Sunday morning shooting my P-09.  Looks like you guys had bays 4 and 5 tied up.  I had to go to work so i didn't stop to visit with anyone or to get Ben to sign one of my Stoeger books!!

You can see the video I made here in the Day at the Range forum.   A little operator error problem prevented me from showing a video of me shooting an open sight P-226, which was my run and gun gun before I stopped running. 

Joe 

Offline Taco101

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
Taco101--So were you at the Ben Stoeger class today? 

Joe

Sure was.  What an AWESOME class!!!  Shot almost 2k rounds over the two days.  Ben and Kita are amazing instructors.  I learned new stuff with every drill and every stage we ran.  If he comes around again its well worth the money.

Yall have a NICE range!!  Shade?  Wow!!

Offline Joe L

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
Taco101--So were you at the Ben Stoeger class today? 

Joe

Sure was.  What an AWESOME class!!!  Shot almost 2k rounds over the two days.  Ben and Kita are amazing instructors.  I learned new stuff with every drill and every stage we ran.  If he comes around again its well worth the money.

Yall have a NICE range!!  Shade?  Wow!!

Excellent report.  Glad you got to make it and that the weather was so good.  Hope to meet up with you next time you are in Midland.  Here is the video I made while you guys were being so noisy....

Really glad your trip down to the desert was worthwhile. 

Joe