Author Topic: Need a pocket gun!!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline bm303

Need a pocket gun!!
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »
I am in the market for a pocket gun. Leaning toward the LCP Stainless(Second Gen, not Ruger LCP II). The reason being is that the LCP II is essentially single action and has a short trigger with no manual safety. I am not interested in such a gun for pocket carry.

My other option is the Sig P238. I like the gun a lot but I also don't use safeties on any of my firearms so it would be a new manual of arms. I have a SP-01 tactical for home defense and PCR for carry. I carry the PCR all the time but there are some instances where I can't do IWB and need something for deep concealment.

Curious to get some input from fellow CZ addicts regarding what pocket gun you decided on. Thanks!

Offline Meechy7648

Re: Need a pocket gun!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »
I carried the Sig P938 for over a year. Everything else I owned other than my 1911 was decocker. For a few days I worried about carrying cocked and locked. Besides a different manual of arms, I was afraid of having it in my pocket as such. Someone gave me a great piece of advice: we're intelligent beings who are capable of learning different things. We do it all the time. Get a good holster that covers the trigger (I used a Remora) and practice as you would with any other firearm. It got incredibly easy, to the point where I didn't feel right if I didn't have it with me.  Find whichever one you like the best and learn it. You'll be more than fine, is my guess.

Sent from my Mate 9.  Sorry if I missed any misspellings.

Offline JRhodes

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:10:12 PM »
After buying and trying several I ended up with the LC9S and put a technaclip on it.   Works great for me. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »
I carried a S&W 442 for years for deep concealment.  I switched to an LCP about a year ago and have been very happy with it.  A deDantis pocket holster has worked quit well for me in combination with the LCP.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline painter

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »
I carry a Kahr CM-9.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:32:32 PM »
I have a first generation LCP. It eats everything I feed to it. I probably have 600-700 rounds through it. It currently has Hornady Z-Max loaded in the magazines.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Rmach

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 09:56:13 PM »
Another vote for the Kahr CM9.
Matte stainless CZ75b, P-01, Grand Power Xcalibur, Tristar C-100, P-100

Offline Tyerone

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 10:12:28 PM »
I recommend considering a 9mm if you can take the weight and don't wear skinny jeans.  I find my Beretta Nano in front pocket duty often in a Desantes Pocket Holster.  There are lighter nines than the Nano and some don't like the long trigger pull -- but works for me.

My only striker fired pistol BTW.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:14:03 PM by Tyerone »

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
Another vote for the Kahr CM9.

And still another vote for the Kahr.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »
Kahr CM9 for bigger pockets, Seecamp LWS32 for backup (380 version if you can find one). Kahr CW380 would be good but can be finicky I hear. LC9 is good. Go handle some and see which talks to you!
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 04:43:08 AM »
When dress prohibits anything larger it's either an S&W 640 Pro Series or a Sig P238. I have no worries about manual of arms I always know what I have on so it's a non issue for me.

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:36 AM »
Okay, I know I'll get some flak for this...  Taurus 709 Slim. Single action striker with a safety. Second strike capable. Carry it in my front pocket in a Sticky Holster. Can be found for a little over $200.
G&A did a 1600 round test on a bunch of pocket guns and it finished at the top of the heap.

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 06:52:36 AM »
Okay, I know I'll get some flak for this...  Taurus 709 Slim. Single action striker with a safety. Second strike capable. Carry it in my front pocket in a Sticky Holster. Can be found for a little over $200.
G&A did a 1600 round test on a bunch of pocket guns and it finished at the top of the heap.

That was a great Single Stack 9 shootout!  I chose the PPS as it was the other one that ate everything without a single failure.  Been extremely happy with it but seriously considered the 709Slim.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline gwvt

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:39 AM »
I find that my LC9s is about the largest 9mm pistol I can pocket carry and I keep a magazine with no pinky extension with my pocket holster for that purpose. They do sell them with no safety (the 'pro').

Offline Goocz

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
My pocket gun is a concealed hammer Taurus 85 stainless 5 for sure 38 specialties! My IWB is a G19 soon to replaced by a PCR. And a Beretta Bobcat (mouse) .25 in a wallet holster. What's in yours? Don't leave home without it!