Author Topic: Need a pocket gun!!  (Read 2688 times)

Offline bgw45

Re: Need a pocket gun!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »
And yet another vote for the Kahr CM9. I also have a CW380 for the very few times clothing requires. Both little Kahr pistols have run without any issue using practice and self defense ammo. No reason to look further.

Offline steerclr

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 07:36:49 PM »
I have a Sig P238, but I gotta say the Ruger LCPII is tons better than the original.  I couldn't recommend the original but think the LCP II is worth considering for the money.  Its about half of what the Sig is.  If you want to go small look at a Kel-Tec P32, I've read lots of good things about it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:54:27 PM by steerclr »

Offline Mildew

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »
Another vote for Kahr.  Pretty much any Kahr.  I'm in my pajamas and have a Kahr P380 on my ankle.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 09:41:17 PM »
Good to know, I have been looking at a Kahr P380 and have heard good and bad comments.
I think it would be a great pocket carry, but have not tried one yet.

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline yqtszhj

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:55:00 PM »
Kahr CM9 for a 9mm or LCP for .380.

I have and carry both at times and they've both been flawless from day one.

Offline bm303

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 12:48:52 AM »
Shocked to see so many Kahr suggestions. I was under the impression that they were unreliable given the many horror stories I've read. Very interesting.

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:10 AM »
My pocket carry is a S&W 442. 

Comfy, flat, easy to draw. with a speed strip nearby.  An easy get up and go on quick late night errand option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
Shocked to see so many Kahr suggestions. I was under the impression that they were unreliable given the many horror stories I've read. Very interesting.
You beat me to it. LOTS of reports they must have 300-400-500+ rounds through them to "break in" and cycle reliably. I've owned one pistol that jammed when new, sold it. All my other pistols have been reliable out of the box.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline painter

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 08:57:46 AM »
You beat me to it. LOTS of reports they must have 300-400-500+ rounds through them to "break in" and cycle reliably. I've owned one pistol that jammed when new, sold it. All my other pistols have been reliable out of the box.
I put 300 rounds of my handloads through my Kahr in 2 different range sessions without as much as a hiccup. I did add .1 grain of powder to make sure the new pistol would cycle. I think that some cheap commercial ammo might be problematic in these guns, and that's why you hear the horror stories.

The only thing I don't like about my CM9 is the trigger guard will hurt my finger during extended shooting. That isn't what this pistol is about, so I don't worry about it.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »
Sig 238, available in alloy frame, or steel frame, night sights, fiber optic sights, hi contrast sights,  changeable grips so G -10,  plastic, rubber, single action so nice sweet trigger pull that's short and short reset, well over 2500 rounds and counting and gets better every day.
not any larger than the TCP, Ruger, Kel tec, a tad heavier cause its all metal!

Offline Independent George

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
I've been very happy with my Kahr PM9. I had no break-in issues, but I bought it used, so the previous owner might have already taken care of it
CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline yqtszhj

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »
Kahr 9mm's are excellent. I have 2 and had a 3rd that I regret trading. My cw45 is good too with 1000+ rounds through it and smooth as butter.

The pocket .380's can be problematic more than the others I think. I hear some of the .40's can be also. I've never owned either of those calibers so no personal experience.

That said my new CZ habit is awesome. I ask myself what took me do long since I started looking at them in 2010.

Offline leo61651

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »
My pocket carry is a Rohrbaugh R9, 9mm, small & light.
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
James "Mad Dog" Mattis

Offline tpelle

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 07:39:11 PM »
I'll catch a LOT of flack for this, but if I were to buy a pocket-size pistol today it would be one of those surplus Polish P64 PPK derivatives.  Cheap, reliable, and built like a tank.

Offline silentbob

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 01:27:56 AM »
After buying and trying several I ended up with the LC9S and put a technaclip on it.   Works great for me. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the concealability, but not sure about the exposed trigger.