Author Topic: Need a pocket gun!!  (Read 2700 times)

Offline PPS1980

Re: Need a pocket gun!!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 06:28:21 AM »
I'll catch a LOT of flack for this, but if I were to buy a pocket-size pistol today it would be one of those surplus Polish P64 PPK derivatives.  Cheap, reliable, and built like a tank.

I own a PA63 Communist counterfeit PPK. Its heavy, large, and has a 12lbs trigger pull.  Ill stick with pocket carrying my LCP every time.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline eastman

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
I'll catch a LOT of flack for this, but if I were to buy a pocket-size pistol today it would be one of those surplus Polish P64 PPK derivatives.  Cheap, reliable, and built like a tank.

I own a PA63 Communist counterfeit PPK. Its heavy, large, and has a 12lbs trigger pull.  Ill stick with pocket carrying my LCP every time.

I have a P-64 with a DA pull that is probably 25 lbs (although SA is nice). Also makes me appreciate my Elsie Pea.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline loujitsu78

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 11:55:22 PM »
I decided the same a while back, that I needed something that I could carry no matter what i was wearing. Lcp-custom (better sights,trigger, guide rod) with my own polish job (so smooth)with the clipdraw has been with me when the 1911 officer is not. I can (and do) iwb with a tucked in shirt and if you see anything you just see a pocket knife type clip. I can also iwb in just boxers and doesnt try to take them off. 

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Offline IFFV68

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 05:05:47 PM »
My Summer carry is a Sig P238 SST H.D. .380.
My wife carry's the Sig P238 Ni-tron with Rose wood Grips.
The only only P238 that are Stainless Steel Frame is the H.D. and the Nickel. All the rest are Alumin Alloy.
 Frames. They all come with Stainless Steel Slides with Night Sights.

The Sig P238 comes with Night Sights. Great Trigger, Kydex Holster, one  six or seven rd mag. Usually one six rd.
I carry mine Cocked and Locked. The Thumb Safety is Deliberate. It doesn't come off Safe unless you make it. I also use a Leather Gary C's Holster.
I've never shot a Rugger LCP?
We will have a Safer Country and a Safer World without Guns--Adolf Hitler--1936

Offline marc82much

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 01:27:38 PM »

I am in the market for a pocket gun. Leaning toward the LCP Stainless(Second Gen, not Ruger LCP II). The reason being is that the LCP II is essentially single action and has a short trigger with no manual safety. I am not interested in such a gun for pocket carry.

My other option is the Sig P238. I like the gun a lot but I also don't use safeties on any of my firearms so it would be a new manual of arms. I have a SP-01 tactical for home defense and PCR for carry. I carry the PCR all the time but there are some instances where I can't do IWB and need something for deep concealment.

Curious to get some input from fellow CZ addicts regarding what pocket gun you decided on. Thanks!

Have you seen the new BondArms BullPup? Made from the Boberg design. I would really like to see one (shoot it too) as I am also looking for a pocket gun.
Marc
Saint Louis, MO
CZ 2075 RAMI Decocker
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm Black Polycoat (Decocker)
StealthGear IWB
StealthGear OWB

Offline wildcatfan.62

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 02:06:26 PM »
I pocket carry a LCP Custom many days when I can't carry my P 07 or G19.  Fits in jeans or dress pants it just disappears.  I carry with a Galco PRO486.
Good luck!

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »
A couple of years ago I decided I needed a true pocket pistol. The improved LC9 wasn't out at that time. The Taurus TCP reviewed pretty well. I wish I had never bought the TCP, and I never shoot or carry it anymore. The sights are like warts. The slide has to be pushed home even when I slingshot it hard. My hand frequently engaged the mag release when I shot it. I was frequently having to slap the mag back home. I polished it and put in an aftermarket trigger but the TCP is still a pain in the behind.

If you get a heavier pistol (TCP is about 10 oz empty) for better slide action and a gun with better sights you've creeped up in weight to where you no longer have a true comfortable pocket pistol. You might as well buy a 15 oz P938 or an 18 oz Shield. Neither of those are pocket pistols. Even at 15 oz the P938 has annoying felt recoil and is not a lot of fun to shoot. It's not as accurate for anybody in my family as a Shield. The Shield is more comfortable to shoot but it isn't anywhere near as accurate as any other gun I own.

I learned from my small pistol experiment, but I'm through with lightweight guns. After we ditched the P938 my next purchases were a PPQ M1 and a VP9. I'm keeping the Shield and the VP9 but giving my PPQ to my son. Since then I've bought a 75B SA, a 97B, and a P-01 compact with steel frame. I've learned I want a bigger heavier gun for accuracy and comfort. YMMV.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:48:36 PM by delphidoc »
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

anything