Author Topic: Grand Power P40 10 mm  (Read 175 times)

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Grand Power P40 10 mm
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:36:27 PM »
I think I am in heaven or nirvanna or whatever.  Can't wait till Friday so I can shoot it.  I have smaller hands so I was worried about grip size not an issue. Very ergonomic pistol with just the right amount of texture should stay in my hands no problem. My friend George has graciously volunteered to help me put some 10mm down the pipe . God this a terrible hobby I am already thinking i will need the 45 ACP version as well. Next an Xtrim just cause I don't have that one. Cynanide is to blame for posting pictures of his Grand Power Pistols. Time to make more money so I can get the other two that I don't have.  Can't wait to shoot this one! I't time to take photos of my small Grand power collection and post them ,I have to pass this sickness on to somebody else.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Rmach

Re: Grand Power P40 10 mm
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »
We like pics, especially range pics.... :)
Matte stainless CZ75b, P-01, Grand Power Xcalibur, Tristar C-100, P-100

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
We will take some range and shots off my work bench.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline jdubya87

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:48:38 AM »
Is this the standard or the longslide version? I've been looking for the longslide one for awhile.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
It is the standard slide  version.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 08:33:27 AM »
We will be posting the photos and a brief video of our first shots with the Grand Power P40 10mm.  Zero malfunctions with the P40 10 mm just one case of limp wristing.  However I test fired my P11 that just came back from warranty repair and guess what is still had two failures to fire in the first two mags. More on that later.   We shot a EAA custom poly 1911, a Sargun 45 ACP, the Grand Power P40 the X-calibur, the P1 ultra ,the failed P11 and I have the 380 Grand power decocker in the photo as well, we did not shoot that one today.  Was a bit cold ,all casual shooting was done at 15 yards standing two hands, Remington and PMC on the ammo used.  George Karam and David Ahearn took the photos and shot the casual cell phone video.  My son Zach will set us up with a site to host the photos and video from and then we post them. We all liked the 10 mm Grand Power P40  ran about 100 rounds through it ,no issue. At the end of our session on targets with small orange  head and chest highlights I was able to put multiple shots in the orange at 15 yards.  When we got back to the shop I called Grand Power about the P11 first young lady asked why I was calling her and not the repair center that I was referred to .  I said I was not happy with the repairs and that if it was thoroughly test fired it would not have come back to me with one of the same issues that it was sent in with. She made some sort of comment that annoyed me and I commented back would you like a copy of the shooting video we made this morning , it shows the failures.  With that I was turned over to another young lady who informed me that I should contact a different Grand Power repair center who would resolve the issues.  I made that call and after talking with their tech I was no longer concerned about sending it to them for repair. He was very knowledgeable  and professional.  He answered all my questions and apparently they get all the pistols in that the first shop screws up.  Grand Power has regional repair centers and the first shop is actually further away than the second shop that I spoke with yesterday. I will let you know the outcome.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

anything