Author Topic: Whats next under$800  (Read 264 times)

Offline ttrashman1

Whats next under$800
« on: February 15, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
I currently have a sp-01 tactical and love it for the range and HD. Next I want something I can play with and still carry with comfort. I know your gonna say get to the range and try some different ones out, Ive done that a few times and the more I try the more I want.UGH.Kimber Pro, Sig938, cz Rami, cz custom blah blah blah. Not my only choices but probably will be my last for quite awhile.WWYD if you only had one more choice for awhile?I would really rather a steel.non striker fired
cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Springfield Range Officer 9mm

Offline Whaler

• My Photo Album
Re: Whats next under$800
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:44:28 PM »
My choice but I already have it.

Dick

CZ 2075 Rami BD 9mm
CZ Kadet .22LR conversion kit
CZ P-07 Duty 9mm
CZ 455 FS 22LR
Beretta 84FS .380
Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 28ga
Bersa Thunder .22LR
Sig P232 .380
Sig P238 .380

Offline Kenneth

Whats next under$800
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »

P01 all decked out in CGW parts.

Or get a custom Shadow compact from CZ custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tyerone

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:40:46 PM »
CZ classic compact, PCR (Al frame) or those limited run SP01 Compacts (all steel).  Yep, you might even find a 1911 in that price range -- maybe a commander size affair; single stack thinness.  Whatever floats your boat!

Offline handgun2

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 07:12:33 PM »
to thread initiator,

I love my CZ 40b, PO6!! and recently purchased almost like new.. a CZ compact w/ safety, all steel, 9mm, pre B model.. and oh yes, have the full size's to go with the 40's.   that said.. I like a manual arms of safety, from what I read, see, watch..  a gun w/ manual safety offers some benefit in case of gun grab.. take away.. most gunbangers.. nowdays.. only used to Glock type safety.. grab, pull trigger, go bang.

I am old school and really like! knowing when I actually take safety off. been doing it for years for hunting. why not as a handgun. safety off/fire!  safety on/ non fire.  again, just me, old school.

that being said, I LOVE my PO6 for carry option. lighter, good round count.. deadly accurate, reliable.. BUT, I also love my 9mm compact all steel.. w/ manual safety... I plan to rotate, and more than that.. try to pick b/t.. carry at right time, for right reason.

just my .02c!
respectfully,
K in MI

Offline CZ Aficionado

• CZ...does anything else really matter....
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:31:42 PM »
I currently have a sp-01 tactical and love it for the range and HD. Next I want something I can play with and still carry with comfort. I know your gonna say get to the range and try some different ones out, Ive done that a few times and the more I try the more I want.UGH.Kimber Pro, Sig938, cz Rami, cz custom blah blah blah. Not my only choices but probably will be my last for quite awhile.WWYD if you only had one more choice for awhile?I would really rather a steel.non striker fired

Its kind of a challenge to give good suggestions when it seems like almost anything would fit the criteria......are you only looking at semi's, slim single stack, wheel gun an option, just CZ's, caliber?  Help us, help you.....  ;)
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »
IF I was looking for a new gun I would look into a single stack commander size 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »
Steel frame, get either a Compact or the original classic CZ-75B. Can't go wrong with the original!
If just non poly non striker fired, REALLY hard to go wrong with the PCR, one of the all time best CCW pistols ever built, IMHO.

Offline Gretsch9

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 07:03:15 AM »
P10c if it ever ships. I also wouldn't mind checking out a Stryke B. I've already got my favorite gun, a PCR with CGW parts and some thin g10 grips.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:05:18 AM by Gretsch9 »
PCR, 75BD, 97B, P07