Author Topic: New grip workout for shooters  (Read 2545 times)

Offline tdogg

Re: New grip workout for shooters
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 12:47:47 AM »
I can't remember what injury caused me to have physical therapy but I was shown the wrist rollup's at a physical therapy session.  Take a dowel, tie a rope to it, and tie the other end to a weight (start small).  Holding the dowel out in front of you roll up the weight all the way up and then all the way back down.  I guarantee you will feel it in your forearms.

I've never had a grip strength issue as I did autoglass for 15 years.  Holding knives, lifting glass, pumping adhesive (back in the day), etc really builds forearm strength.  I did cut my flexor tendon once (controls tip of index finger) and as part of the physical therapy I was given a grip strength test.  I shocked my therapist by pegging the grip strength tool he had with the uninjured hand and eventually almost maxed it out with the healed hand.  Nothing like manual labor to build old man strength.

Cheers,
Toby

Offline S2K

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
How about grip strengthening with a Shake weight?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 01:56:53 AM »
To kill some time,  I'm making a CZ "CUSTOM" TUNED grip strengthener.  This will be a limited edition not available to the public....even if it works.  More to come ....maybe. O0

anything