Author Topic: Max bid?  (Read 7422 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Max bid?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 06:35:13 AM »

Knowing an items value and it's selling price makes one a wise consumer.

G57

This is true in dealing with new or recent manufacture items or items in current manufacture. Dealing in collectibles is another world and value and selling price come down to what the collectible market will support.
Look at what some other collectible firearms go for today. Vintage 1911's with their original parts intact have gone for 5 figures. The original Marlin 1894CS .357 mag rifle I paid under $400 for new 16 years ago was worth $1100 when I sold it last year because Remington took over Marlin and the new guns are substandard.Look at the vintage collectible automobile market and check out the insane prices there. Vehicles that sold for under $3k new can sell for over $100k at auction.
So at the end of the day if 75% of the bidders think the CZ shortrail is worth $2k then that's what it's worth.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:13:47 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Jericho Hill

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »
All it takes is two biders that  value a short rail to make it go that high.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »
Yes, bang bang, I've heard of that saying but don't necessarily blieve in it. I was thinking more along the line of "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Knowing an items value and it's selling price makes one a wise consumer.

Thank you all for the advice and information. The auction is in about two weeks. I'll keep you informed as to the final selling price.

G57

how can you put a fixed price on something that isnt so common?  whens the last time you saw one in that good of condition and what did  it go for ?  If they came up regular or even once a year, you could get a better feel for what people are willing to pay or have paid. 

you can go by the book(s) for value, but books are static in their info until the next rev/edition. Books aren't fluid like gun auction/selling sites or will reflect what hot either.

my guess is it will go for the 3k ish range if not more.

heres are a few toys i bought years ago when i was still learning.  You can guess the value if you want.   Value?  well, i can tell you it was worth it to me at that time when i bought them. 

this is a S&W 45 Post office....... in 22LR

this is another S&W.  Its called the SLT - Straight Line Target.....also in 22LR

this last one was my holy grail.  I didnt think i would every see one yet be able to buy one.

Its a 1898 Krag-Jorgensen..... again in 22LR

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:56:38 PM by bang bang »

Offline actvlsnr

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 10:28:01 PM »
No pic

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline actvlsnr

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:19 PM »
Here is a toy I bought last month.  This was one of those "bidding war" situations. These seldom come along so I decided to go for it. I got bidders remorse for a few days but once I had it in my hands I was happy.  Felt it was a great add to the collection.
CZ 75B, 75th anniversary edition.  Chrome finish with eagle grips.  No continent markings.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:35:25 PM by actvlsnr »

Offline Clausewitz

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
I bet it doesn't crack 750...Euro.  ;-)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:11:48 PM by Clausewitz »

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 06:38:32 AM »
Here is a toy I bought last month.  This was one of those "bidding war" situations. These seldom come along so I decided to go for it. I got bidders remorse for a few days but once I had it in my hands I was happy.  Felt it was a great add to the collection.
CZ 75B, 75th anniversary edition.  Chrome finish with eagle grips.  No continent markings.

I can hear you singing, "She's sixteen. She's beautiful,  and she's mine"!

Offline Bret

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 11:36:02 AM »
The pistol shown by the OP was on GunBroker and had the original grips, I could see it going for $2,000.  However, given that it's being auctioned somewhere else and lacks the original grips, box, paperwork, etc, who knows.  I'd buy it in a second for anything under $1,500.  I recently purchased one for $1,700 in a private transaction (still waiting on it to be shipped to me).  It came out of South Africa from the original owner who purchased it when he was a teenager and imported it to the US when he escaped.  It has a little wear on the bluing, but includes the original box, paperwork, grips, magazines, etc.  Yep, $1700 is a lot of money.  However, I've got the money, they're not making more of them, and I'm confident I could get around the same amount of money if I went to sell it. 

Offline actvlsnr

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
Exactly! 

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 11:55:32 AM »
Bret - Not to derail the original thread, can you post photos of yours sometime? What year is it? Always interested in seeing short rails in detail and noting any changes over the short production timeframe.

Offline Green57

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 04:40:02 AM »
Quick up date to close this post. Pistol sold for 671 euro which is about 710 dollars. it was bought by a gray market importer with rather deep pockets. So no doubt you will see it on gunbroker in a few months.

G57

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »
Is it a charity or silent auction? I would love to find one selling guns at close to real values. My wife comes home with all kinds of stuff and tells me she was "just bumping up the bid"... "suprised I won"... "Here is the tax receipt.. love you".  ;D

I'm still hoping to find a pristine short rail or 40B at a garage sale for $300. I would wish for lower but afraid it would feel like stealing. Since I'm not a collector $400-$450 seems like a real price for a gun I'm going to be shooting. Honestly not planning on owning either model.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline bobofthedesert

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 12:27:25 PM »
(If) The pistol.....had the original grips.....

I'm betting the grips are original, half the CZ75's in Europe have these grips on them.
RIP Kevin O'Brien, USASF.

"Short-Rails Rule"

Offline Bret

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »
The top of the grip on the left side of the pistol looks really Bubba'd.

Offline bobofthedesert

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »
The top of the grip on the left side of the pistol looks really Bubba'd.

All the grips of this style as well as the smooth wood (no checkering) variety have this relief cut. You can see that it would need to. The owner may have enlarged the relief cut, or not. Doesn't really matter, it's still a short rail.

Here's something to drool over.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628480879
RIP Kevin O'Brien, USASF.

"Short-Rails Rule"

anything