Author Topic: Aftermarket trigger guards  (Read 2322 times)

Offline EddieE

Aftermarket trigger guards
« on: February 19, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
So, I have heard the stock trigger guard is crap on the CZ 455 (and maybe all of the model????). Understanding that it is not a part that helps you shoot more accurately, how many out there upgraded to dip or other brands?

Thanks.

Offline painter

Re: Aftermarket trigger guards
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:34:16 PM »
I haven't on either of my 452's with a stamped guard. It's not that important to me.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Ronnie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
I don't care at all its only a trigger guard. Doesn't hinder shooting. Depends what your definition of crap is. $100.00+ trigger guard upgrade on a $400.00.

R

Offline EddieE

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
I don't care at all its only a trigger guard. Doesn't hinder shooting. Depends what your definition of crap is. $100.00+ trigger guard upgrade on a $400.00.

R

Point is that even though its a $400 gun, it shoots out of its weight class...so obviously they did something right with the gun. They just seem to have forgotten to build the trigger guard to the same standard as the rest of the gun. Those that do change it, I understand why. They have a really nice gun, but the trigger guard takes it down a few notches. I have yet to see one in person (mine gun is on order now) so I will have to see how it looks AND more importantly how it feels. The rest of the gun doesn't look cheap from pictures I have seen. If this part looks cheap, I will switch it out. After all, I didn't spend a fortune on the gun so I can spend a little to dress it up. And if/when I end up selling the gun, you can bet the lesser of the two guards will go back on the gun.

Offline painter

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 04:20:43 PM »
I don't think the stamped guard looks cheap. It's utilitarian. It guards the trigger.

If you want to spend money on the gun, get in on the group buy over at RFC on Lilja match barrels. Of course then you'll need to buy $20/box ammo to get the most out of the barrel and the economy of a 22lr over a CF rifle starts to disappear.

That is what I was referring to in your other thread about a rabbit hole.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline bichettereds

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 07:28:45 PM »
DIP makes a very nice guard. I have one on my 452 American. I love it, but probably wouldnt buy another one at that price. There are a few others that Ive seen on ebay that Ive heard good things about.

The trigger guard wont shrink your groups, but if you have a good shooter that you dont plan on selling, I see nothing wrong with dressing it up a bit.

My 452 American has an aftermarket hand checkered walnut stock with a thinner forend and I also had the bolt jeweled. Its a keeper.

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
If I spend money after the initial purchase it is usually for accuracy. I replaced my factory barrel on my varmint with a Lilja barrel, then replaced the factory stock with a bedded BR stock, reshaped the firing pin, polished the bolt, and it shoots much better than it did stock, but I still have the stamped trigger guard around my trigger. ;D

Offline EddieE

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 10:46:29 AM »
If I spend money after the initial purchase it is usually for accuracy. I replaced my factory barrel on my varmint with a Lilja barrel, then replaced the factory stock with a bedded BR stock, reshaped the firing pin, polished the bolt, and it shoots much better than it did stock, but I still have the stamped trigger guard around my trigger. ;D

I agree. I have not ordered the trigger guard. It is something I can throw on after I get the gun shooting the way I want it. Which stock did you go with? Did you have a gunsmith headspace the set up with the Lilja barrel?

At this point I have had the gun 2 weeks and haven't made it to the range. But, I have all teh accessories ordered and set up. Waiting for the bipod to arrive. What does reshaping the firing pin do? Do you have a tutorial for the bolt polish? I feel like that is something I should have a smith fo for me. A little too much polishing and I'm screwed  :'( My bolt is smooth, but the dislodging from locked position takes more effort than I like. I have seen guys on youtube manipulate the bolt with one finger it seems. I need that!

Let's hope she shoots!

anything